• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Austin Texas Hill Country Dual Sport Day Trips

Can't make it Sunday. Gotta work. Riding tomorrow in bastrop though if any one wants to go. Meeting at the Waffle House at riverside and 71 @830am

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I was hoping somebody wanted to ride this weekend. I think Sunday will work for me. I will let yall know in the morning. I want as much dirt and water crossings as possible...I ride my cruiser on paved roads. Im gonna be busting west to ride in the Barstow to Vegas DS ride in late November and want to see if I can talk any of you cats into going along....

I was hoping somebody wanted to ride this weekend. I think Sunday will work for me. I will let yall know in the morning. I want as much dirt and water crossings as possible...I ride my cruiser on paved roads. Im gonna be busting west to ride in the Barstow to Vegas DS ride in late November and want to see if I can talk any of you cats into going along....

Is that Barstow, TX? How many days is this ride? Where can I find more info.

Hey Trace......hope to see you Sunday.

Wish I could find the time to do Barstow to Vegas.

Sunday we will be stopping at the Shell station in Round Mountain at 10am.

Hey Britt, I am going to make one of these rides, but it 'aint gonna happen this weekend. Get some food pics at the Castell Store. Y'all have a great time.
JT

Is that Barstow, TX? How many days is this ride? Where can I find more info.

That's LA to Barstow to Vegas...as in California to Nevada...in late November...a two day ride through the Mojave....what I like about it is its very organized. They have sweep bikes, mechanics on hand, will help with flats or crashes. They have gas stops out in the desert along with food, water and safety stops....
Just google Barstow to vegas 2013....

Infidel......you gonna be able to meet up with us tomorrow?

The Barstow/Vegas ride sounds pretty tempting.....sounds well supported. I know I won't be able to make it this year.....but with some planning I would like to do it sometime.

Heck....I haven't even made it Big Bend yet. :-?

Im waiting on a partner to get here for dinner to discuss the ride tomorrow. Im pretty sure we will ride but will let you know shortly.

LEts try to find as much dirt as possible...
T

Im waiting on a partner to get here for dinner to discuss the ride tomorrow. Im pretty sure we will ride but will let you know shortly.

LEts try to find as much dirt as possible...
T

Cool.......once we get to cr109/cr110 we will probably stay on 110 for a change of scenery going into Castell......still a lot of dirt......no less than taking 109 and 105 into Castell.

OK, We are headed north....but its already 9am so we may be a little late.
T
210-392-7980

I don't ride my bikes enough to keep the gas fresh or batteries up so it looks like im also out due to maintenance issues...ive been working too much and playing too little. Im gonna give em some tlc and plan for next weekend...yall have fun...
T

Found the beef......

Sent from my GI Joe Two Way Radio

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1379268131335.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1379268131335.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 263
It was a good day to ride.........sadly for John B and Infidel....it was a bad day for mechanicals...........leaking radiator and dead battery respectively.

So Glockpointer and I headed west for some dirt roads that needed riding.

20130915_085057_zps6893aac8.jpg

We get to Round Mountain and I received Infidels text that he is backing out due to a dead battery. He was wanting to do some creek crossing.......we rode plenty of creek crossing but they were all dry.

20130915_102731_zps58c65e0d.jpg

So we're riding along our usual dirty route and cross Sandy Creek on CR315 and what do we see in one of our break areas..........two guys on Harleys takin a break. They were looking for routes and bars for a poker run. Needless to say..........CR315 will not be one of the routes.

20130915_111131_zps9faeb23a.jpg

When we got to CR109/CR110......instead of taking 109 and 105 to Castell we took 110 to Loyal Valley and the Keyserville (sp) Rd. to Castell. Both of these roads are excelent dirt roads with creek crossings....although they were bone dry.

Hey Slowoldguy.........I found the beef......:eat:

20130915_124317_zps3a3e5946.jpg

Out of all the bright new shiny chrome Harleys at Castell..........this one looked the best......all the rest were just.........well..........plain.

20130915_135812_zps9bf8bfd6.jpg

20130915_135828_zpsd4eb01cd.jpg

20130915_135841_zpsaf1b26a6.jpg

20130915_135851_zps173934ff.jpg

Like old times = good times.......Glockpointer and I had a great ride....no mishaps........although I am getting good at (or bad at) going into sharp turns a little too hot......no mechanicals......although I had this on my mind the whole time.....no it's not a worn tire.....it's a heavy duty tube protector. :trust:

20130915_080739_zpsadb93865.jpg

Hey Guys!
I haven't joined ya'll in quite a long while for a ride. The old DR has some carb issues and the pilot powers I put on it just don't dig dirt roads to much.

I did go pick myself up a 2013 yz450f to get dirty on though. Hopefully I'll have the DR back on some semi-offroadable tires and will head out on some more rides with yall..

The MX thing on the YZ is kicking my ***! :rider:

Hey Guys!
I haven't joined ya'll in quite a long while for a ride. The old DR has some carb issues and the pilot powers I put on it just don't dig dirt roads to much.

I did go pick myself up a 2013 yz450f to get dirty on though. Hopefully I'll have the DR back on some semi-offroadable tires and will head out on some more rides with yall..

The MX thing on the YZ is kicking my ***! :rider:

Good to hear from you neoxaero.

Join us anytime.

I just put on a new front tire.....Pirelli MT21.

I did a short neighborhood shake down ride yesterday and all was well.

I'm taking off in the next few minutes to scrub it in while I run some errands.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

There's 60% chance of rain this Sunday that's putting a damper on my ride schedule........we sure could use more wet stuff falling from the sky.......and that's ok with me.

Maybe next weekend.

I'm going to Hidden Falls tomorrow around opening time which is 9am. Feel free to join us. I'm leaving from Pflugerville if anyone wants to ride out with.
well equiped bike with spare tubes and pump, intermediate to what ever pace. bring water.

I'm going to Hidden Falls tomorrow around opening time which is 9am. Feel free to join us. I'm leaving from Pflugerville if anyone wants to ride out with.
well equiped bike with spare tubes and pump, intermediate to what ever pace. bring water.

Wish I could join you.......sounds like fun......gotta work all day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Back