TWT Forums  

Go Back   TWT Forums > General Discussion > Gone But Not Forgotten!

Notices

Forum Jump

Old 01-26-2006, 11:31 AM   #1
Sleepy Weasel
Forum Supporter

Keith Hamm

I'm not sure how many people here knew Keith Hamm. He ran with a little faster crowd most of the time, until his accident in September 2004.

I heard this morning that he finally left us this week, though I'm not really sure if it was Wednesday or Tuesday.

They're supposed to be posting funeral plans on the blog they've had running since his accident.

http://www.keithhamm.blogspot.com

2012 Triumph Bonneville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socrates
I drank what?
Sleepy Weasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 07:06 PM   #2
perterra

Re: Keith Hamm

Well crap, thats a shame. It should be a wake up that we are all mortal.
Old 01-30-2006, 08:22 PM   #3
Hotboot
Forum Supporter

I saw that when Sleepy posted it, put my chin in hand and thougt the same thing. Just sat and remembered the good ones we have lost.

Hope you got through it Jim, shout out if you need, anytime bud.
Hotboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 08:38 PM   #4
mary111

Hate to hear this about another rider.
Old 01-31-2006, 07:00 PM   #5
Sleepy Weasel
Forum Supporter

One of the nice things about attending the funeral, was that Keith and I had a lot of mutual friends who were Jeepers, and some who were also Jeeper/bikers. I don't think Keith would mind too much that he brought together a wide range of people who hadn't seen each other in some time, though I know he would have preferred to see us on the road, or on the trail, or at his little girl's birthday. For those of us that went Saturday, we got a chance to share the grief, and the things that brought us all together before Keith's accident.

I felt pretty well adjusted by the time I got home, but I suspect that Sunday I should have let Shandra & my dad go to lunch without me Sunday, and I should have just gone for a ride. I was a bit crankier than usual, I think.

2012 Triumph Bonneville

Quote:
I drank what?
Old 01-25-2007, 12:33 AM   #6
Dragonryder
My Email Address Does Not Work!! Please Contact Admin!

Feb.25 is the 1yr anniversary of Keiths death.Keith was a Very close Friend of mine.I loved his zest for life no matter what was going on in his life..I miss him and wished he was still around...My name is Kenny Bedenbaugh ( jeeper and X-cyclist..soon to be back in the saddle again) a couple of us plan on riding to keiths gravesite tomorrow from frisco to laureland Dallas ..I know its short notice but if anyone wants to join us let me know via PMs we plan on pulling out at 1:00pm...we have taken the day off...Sorry for my bad grammer and puntuation Im lil choaked up and my eyes are welling.....

Also my buddy Adam (firstman) is alowing me to ride his VFR to go hang out with our friend again Thanks ADAM! sorry you couldnt make it....

Keith im bringin Ya a Dr.Pepper for our visit see ya tomorrow.....again sorry for my ramblings.
Dragonryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 12:39 AM   #7
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

I hope you guys have a good ride. Always good to remember a lost friend.

Total Forum Supporter Donations For Oct: $787.97 - Previous Month: $854.43 - Record High: Feb 09 $1360.84
Support TWT by shopping at Amazon

The number one rule for this forum!
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Eph 4:29 (NIV)
Think before you post. Leave out the vulgarity, personal attacks and foul language!

Quote:
"However lofty the goals, if the means be depraved, the result must reflect that depravity." - Leonard E. Read

Lies are fragile. They require constant attentiveness to keep them alive. The exposure of a single truth can rip through an ocean of lies, evaporating it instantly. - Brandon Smith

If you want government to intervene domestically, you’re a liberal. If you want government to intervene overseas, you’re a conservative. If you want government to intervene everywhere, you’re a moderate. If you don’t want government to intervene anywhere, you’re an extremist. — Joe Sobran

It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a ‘dismal science.' But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance. – Murray N. Rothbard

When one possessed of the Truth suffers from a heavy heart he is susceptible to a more dangerous affliction — the craving for power to eradicate error, to cause Truth to triumph by force. - Frank Chodorov

Where politicians flourish, long history has harshly taught us, people and their liberty wither. Where the state is god and the "public interest" worshipped, individual man will be found bleeding upon the altar. - Karl Hess

The accepted wisdom is that without the state, society would collapse into lawlessness and crime. In fact, lawlessness and crime define the very nature of the state and the society organized by it. - Bionic Mosquito

But the myth of the rule of law does more than render the people submissive to state authority; it also turns them into the state's accomplices in the exercise of its power. For people who would ordinarily consider it a great evil to deprive individuals of their rights or oppress politically powerless minority groups will respond with patriotic fervor when these same actions are described as upholding the rule of law. - John Hasnas
Tourmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 04:30 AM   #8
Dragonryder
My Email Address Does Not Work!! Please Contact Admin!

Was a wonderful ride! MAN I MISS KEITH! I love him and hope to be hanging out again.....thanks for the kind works all ....means so much to me....if you ever knew Keith he was GOOD PEOPLE.!!!!!!Enjoy the DR.Pepper i Left ya on your grave site( was his fav. Soda ) ........
Dragonryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 12:41 AM   #9
Sleepy Weasel
Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonryder
Enjoy the DR.Pepper i Left ya ...
Man, Kenny, I can't believe I forgot about his Dr Pepper. I can't say I ever remember seeing him drink anything else.

Slightly off topic, but since I don't deal with losses like this very well, and since I'm a topic-changer anyway... I saw Caitlynn a couple of weekends ago at Jason West's birthday, and couldn't believe how big she's getting. I always picture her as the squirmy little girl who held up 3 fingers and said "I'm this many."

I try not to think about it for too long, because it just eats me up knowing how much he would have loved to see his little girl grow up, and remembering the way she always idolized her dad. I know I miss having him around, and so do lots of people who were closer to him than I was, but I can't grieve for anyone's loss more than hers.

2012 Triumph Bonneville

Quote:
I drank what?
Old 09-17-2010, 10:49 PM   #10
Sleepy Weasel
Forum Supporter

Had a reminder that today is the anniversary of Keith's crash. We miss you, buddy.

2012 Triumph Bonneville

Quote:
I drank what?
Old 09-18-2010, 02:16 PM   #11
jeepkevin

Thanks for the reminder. I was one of his Jeep friends.
09 xt250 cause it's fun
jeepkevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 02:45 PM   #12
Sleepy Weasel
Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepkevin View Post
Thanks for the reminder. I was one of his Jeep friends.
Yoda & Kenny and some others are planning to ride down next Saturday to see him.

2012 Triumph Bonneville

Quote:
I drank what?
Old 09-17-2012, 12:10 PM   #13
Sleepy Weasel
Forum Supporter

8 years today, since your crash. Miss you, buddy.

2012 Triumph Bonneville

Quote:
I drank what?