• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

SETEX 200 AUG. 11

Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Last Name
Oates
I’m calling this my last chance to ride before I become relief trash at work Ride. So come join me for a day of back road riding in Southeast Texas.

DATE: Saturday AUG. 11th

PLACE: DONUT PALACE IN KOUNTZE, TX (Breakfast)

TIME: 7:30am AND STANDS UP AT 8:oo

LUNCH: Star Cafe in Colmesneil

Will post route
Park your truck/trailer at my place in you need to trailer. Just PM me for directions.
Come prepared it will be hot.
OH! one last thing did I mention there will be lots of SAND.

Sand great my favorite..lol So I will be going from riding in 99 degrees and sand to 50 degrees and rocks in a week...

Count me in, as my son will have already bleft for school so back to dual sporting for me! I like sand, do you? haha (inside joke) but that red Texas dirt has nearly ruined every pair of white socks I own. How do you get that stuff out in the wash? It's unfazed by bleach.

_

Is this a big bike kind'a ride? or a little bike kind? Distance between gas stations?

Any bike kinda ride as long as your plated, your XR200 would be fine. Seldom will speeds get over 55mph.

I'll take a stab and from memory say 90 miles max between gas stations. Silsvee will correct me if I'm too far off.

_

Count me in, I will probably ride over with specialKB83 form Mauriceville, as far as getting red clay out of white socks, MMMMMMM! just buy grey socks. I think I have tried to make a couple of Silsvee's rides but could never get our schedules to match up.

I’m calling this my last chance to ride before I become relief trash at work Ride. So come join me for a day of back road riding in Southeast Texas.

DATE: Saturday AUG. 11th

PLACE: DONUT PALACE IN KOUNTZE, TX (Breakfast)

TIME: 7:30am AND STANDS UP AT 8:oo

LUNCH: Star Cafe in Colmesneil

Will post route
Park your truck/trailer at my place in you need to trailer. Just PM me for directions.
Come prepared it will be hot.
OH! one last thing did I mention there will be lots of SAND.

I'm out. Can't make that weekend.

I"m glad to see so much interest in the SETEX 200. You will have no problem with fuel. Gas will be available in Warren, Indain Reservation, Chester, Colmesneil, and Dam B. I have rode this route with a guy on zuk 200 an one on a GS 1200 (IMO the 1200 looked scary). This route will be at least 80% dirt/sand road. The only problem my DR650 has with this route is ME!!!!!. So come ride.

I'm IN. Either XR 200 or KDX 220, both street legalized. The former has range of over 100 miles. The latter gets bad gas mileage...I've been told. Maybe has less than 75 miles range.

Darn it, if this would have said Sept 11 instead of Aug 11 I'd be in. I haven't made my move from Las Vegas back to Texas yet, couple more weeks and I'll be back home and ready to ride. You guys keep posting these ride's, I'm going to get in on them when I can, time to explore a new frontier:rider:.

Check out the East Texas 450 thread (don't know how to do the link). See ya there in October......or November :shrug:, it will happen.:rider:

Rob,

I am pretty sure I will be going to this, my small trailer is set up for 2 bikes if you wanted to hitch a ride.

Sure appreciate the offer, Rick. Can you make it to Wednesday bike night this week? Chris is planning on going as well, so let's talk about it.

I am planning on being there Wednesday night, waiting to find out where "there" is.

If I get my tank in time and don't have to work, I'll make this and have room for 3 bikes in my trailer.

Ok I loaded this into my basecamp and the waypoints look good but the route says its 371 miles on one and about 230 on the other. Is it something I did wrong. The track seems to go back and forth a lot.

I was afraid of that, not sure whats going on other than old program and old computer. I have downloaded Base Camp to my new computer and trying to redo the route. Maybe someone can help with the route?

Thanks, Rob for fixing the route. Working the night shift will check when I get home.

Not a big Basecamp fan. I created this using Mapquest. You have that?

Back