• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

KLR650 Thread

Re: Klr 650 riders South East Texas

You just missed bike night this evening. We met at the Pizza Shack in Montgomery. I think next week is at the little Mexican place off of 1097 on the East side of I-45. Rico's or something like that. It is in a little shopping center next to a gym. 7:00pm on Thursday.

Anyway, KLRs... I know there are a bunch in the area. I sold mine to another guy here in Huntsville. JacknTexas has one and he is here in Huntsville as well. I have a KTM 530 EXC for dirt doody. I know there are some in the Spring area too...

If you are wanting to get folks together for a ride, just post up a time and place in the Upcoming Rides forum. Sometimes you get no one and sometimes you get a crowd :shrug:

Yeah i was thinking about coming out tonight, but figured I would miss the debate. I came out ate with you guys at the R/V restaurant in willis. I have been busy lately (bought house, wife is pregnant, and graduated college). I am trying to get back to riding more. I will for sure try to catch up with guys and gals again soon.

Yeah i was thinking about coming out tonight, but figured I would miss the debate. I came out ate with you guys at the R/V restaurant in willis. I have been busy lately (bought house, wife is pregnant, and graduated college). I am trying to get back to riding more. I will for sure try to catch up with guys and gals again soon.

You skipped a ride to watch a debate????? :doh: You need to be careful about putting things like that in print. Not meaning to be rude to TWT but you can find a lot of additional info on the ADV site also.

You skipped a ride to watch a debate????? :doh: You need to be careful about putting things like that in print. Not meaning to be rude to TWT but you can find a lot of additional info on the ADV site also.

Sorry, should have been there. :giveup:

Howdy from Huntsville. I'm new to the forum. 08 Klr rider. When is the next ride?

:tab James, I don't know about any regular rides. Usually someone just has to decide they want to ride and post up an invite. In the past, I have done that and had anywhere from no one showing up, one person showing up, and sometimes 30-40 people showing up! If you don't want a huge group, you can always just tell folks in the ride invite that it is limited to the first X number of people.

:tab There are some fun roads West of Huntsville, North and South of Hwy 30, all the way over to the Navasota River. Down around Anderson there are also some fun dirt roads. There are also a few fun dirt roads SE of town out near Four Notch Road. The NE side of town is all prison property and even though you might see dirt roads on the maps, most are off limits.

:tab JacobG lives here in town and has my old KLR650. Ouroboros is here in town and rides street and dirt. Woodsguy is here and rides a 650 BMW dualsport. Lastly, ytwtx lives here and has a TW200 he rides in the area. So there are a few DS riders here that you might try to hook up with. I ride a 1200 GS and KTM 530, both on street and dirt. However, my work schedule and family commitments make it hard for me to get away for a good ride very often. When I do, it is usually a spur of the moment thing.

I am in Sugar Land and have a 2009 KLR650 purchased last fall with just 400 miles. If you ever head down this way give me a holler and I will lead you to the beach via some somewhat curvy but flat roads.

60000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 KLRs out there and nobody want's to talk about them? :shock:

60000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 KLRs out there and nobody want's to talk about them? :shock:

Mine has me extremely frustrated right now with a strange problem that I can't seem to pin down so I am not in the mood to talk about it. LOL

Mine has me extremely frustrated right now with a strange problem that I can't seem to pin down so I am not in the mood to talk about it. LOL

:rofl: i wish i was closer to ya. i would like to help you tinker with it, as i need to learn more about mine. mine being used and also had quite a few mods done to it, i have been tearing it apart and putting it back together trying to find out what all has been done to it. i need to check out the carb next to see if it has been modified.

that is the KLR i would REALLY like to have. i have thought about getting some black wheels for mine, or paint the wheels i have. probably won't happen tho.

Yeah, pretty good ways out. Good riding over there?

I haven't had my bike too long but so far it's not bad for motorcycle riding. We have some good roads around the escarpment... near caprock canyon state park and palo duro park (those areas kinda look like a miniature grand canyon). Otherwise it's pretty flat and mostly farmland. I dont have any complaints... I like the area.

However I do miss east texas and the trees....and lakes..well...standing water in general.

If you ever find yourself in my area Fayetteville, Industry, LaGrange, Columbus, please give me a shout. I will gladly show you some gravel, and twisty stuff. I also recommend the DR thread and the Fireman's Feasts thread. We are having particular fun with the Fireman's Feasts. We meet, we ride, we ride, we eat, we bullsh_ _, we ride. Our particular group prefers about 80% gravel to 20% asphalt. You will not be the only KLR650 (it is what I ride).
Many Thunders

There is a very sharp all black 2013 model at Georgetown right now. Didnt see the sticker price. It was very stealthy.

Kojack, are you in the Georgetown area? I'm on the far west side of town, by the lake. I've seen somebody on a red KLR that lives in the Woods neighborhood but he never stops to talk.
I ride a black 2011 myself.

KLR grill guard...
:clap: :lol2:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 409
Back