• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Also flipped my footpegs today

af240z

Reaction score
myxm08Il.jpg

jyPsNmml.jpg

etlsfl7l.jpg

I didn't weld the shift lever, but drilled a 5/16 hole in it, and put a bolt through held with 2 locknuts on either side. my only concern is that there isn't enough meat on either side of the lever, which may lead to eventual snapping. I will get the bolt welded in sooner than later (my welding skills are garbage, so I'd rather have someon else do a clean job).

Good job. I felt the difference when I did that about 50,000 miles ago. Only things I noticed that would be just a touch negative is that when standing on the pegs, your heel is hitting the Center stand peddle and the pegs drag just a touch sooner in corners. ;-) .

Well, it's definitely not as clean as I'd like it, but not noticeable. I can always go back since I didn't hack up the original lever.

Do you think I'd run into an issue of snapping the lever over time? I'd estimate 2mm of metal on top and bottom of the drilled hole (5/16").

Wow! 2 mm isn't a lot of metal. But you never know at that is some pretty good iron. I'm easy on the shifter so if it was me, I would just go with it.
Heck, you can always make it mo pretty later. I'd have to go back and see how I did my bolt attachment. If I remember , I drilled and tapped it. Just been too long ago for my memory. LOL!

Remove the c-clip holding the footpeg in, remove spring and footpeg assembly

Remove 3 bolts on each side holding the rearset that holds the footpeg on each side.

Loosen the bolt in the back holding the footpeg bracket to the rearset.

Rotate footpeg bracket 180*, tighten the bolt.

Install rearset into its original location. repeat for other side

Install footpeg same way it sat, but now it will be lower and more forward mounted.

Depending on your foot size, you may have to shorten the shifter lever (as i did, shown and explained), and adjust your rear brake lever to match the new angle.

Back