• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

SOLD Tricepilot's '09 KLR!! Smokin' Hot Deal!!

Reaction score
First Name
Bob
My 2009 KLR 650 can be in your garage and be your KLR 650!!

:rider: :eat: :sun: :trust: :giveup:

$4250 and comes with all the below upgrades FOR FREE!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

SMOKIN' Low miles: 4212

Take her back to Mexico and to Big Bend!! She loves it there!!

Moose Dual Sport Fender Pack $24.95
JC Whitney Travel Trunk $79.99
Sergeant Seat $389.90
Dunlop 606 Rear Tire $92.99
Dunlop 606 Front Tire $90.99
Center Stand $111.95
Subframe Bolt Upgrade Kit $33.95
Laminar Lip $95.08
Happy Trails Skid Plate $74.95
Rear Master Cylinder Guard $14.95
Fork Brace $129.95
Front Braided Brake Line $79.95
Pro Taper Handlebar $69.95
Acerbis Hand Guards $79.99
Acerbis Mounting Kit $28.99
Acerbis Hand Guard Spoilers $20.99
Cogent Dynamics MOAB rear shock $545.00
Race Tech Fork Emulators $149.00
MOAB Custom Fork Springs $109.00
Caribou Cases and Rack by Roger Piosak $800.00

Add the LIST PRICE above together - those things come with the bike and do not reflect what was paid in tax or shipping!! But more....DO YOU WANT TO TAKE THE TIME TO DO THE LABOR TO ADD THIS ITEMS TO YOUR KLR??? of course not....let Tricepilot do the work and YOU SAVE MONEY, TIME, and AGGRAVATION!! It's all DONE FOR YOU!! I just saved you FIVE YEARS OF YOUR LIFE :clap: :lol2:

See the before and after pics. The bike had 3 miles on it when I stripped it down to do the subframe bolt upgrade and to sand down the plastic red appearance and to change to the pioneering bedliner black. This bike has had many copiers and I've taught the bedliner method to many visitors.

We will bedliner over "Tricepilot" and you can add your own graphic or keep it all black.

Note: I will not part out this bike and the price is the as-is price!! I have most of the receipts for the above items and you can look them over.

The bike is in outstanding condition and runs excellent. The two reasons I'm selling is #1 I want more space in the garage and #2 I bought a KTM 500 (almost 3 times the price of what I will get for the KLR go figure).

LINK

i-F2hNJdL-L.jpg

i-nKKNbsJ-L.jpg

i-RqC94c4-L.jpg

i-WKPxzD6-L.jpg

i-2Qw57Qb-L.jpg

i-z3376GP-L.jpg

i-JDGMPRp-L.jpg

i-wz2Vqkv-L.jpg

i-3QsW357-L.jpg

i-TCjGTCZ-L.jpg

i-c3MH2Rk-XL.jpg

i-VnhFzpK-L.jpg

i-GTB2n3b-L.jpg

I removed then bedlinered over the "Tricepilot" graphics. Proving once again that this technique is the way to go. Your moto will totally Bad blank blank and you will have the most macho KLR on the trail.

CA_08151310071073-L.jpg

CA_08151310071755-L.jpg

Send a PM if interested and I'll send my cell phone # back to you

Free Lunch at Harmon's BBQ in Cibolo with purchase!!!!!! :eat::eat:

You really need to dirty it up a little.......

The bedliner cleans up excellent, and quickly

Doo done?? :duck:

I put a solid gold Doohickie in there that was once Salma Hayek's belly button charm

Do you have a write up on the bed liner?

I wrote it up for KLR650.net if you mean on how I did it

Kind of make me sad. It is the end of an era

jajajajajaja I hear you. The Smithsonian called and made an offer - they want to put this bike in their main collection

I was thinking the same thing. Stupid KTMs...

I rode the KLR in Richard's spring Around the Bend - it was GREAT in the heavy sand on River Road. The KLR era is not only alive and kicking it's thriving!

GLWS, buddy. :sun:

I was going to do a fabulous Tricepilot give-away, but Tricewife showed me her shotgun!

That is a nice looking KLR:clap:

I got the "Mad Max" look that a lot of folks like

That is beautiful! I have a buddy that just bought an '05 for $3250 with 12,000 more miles on it and immediately needed $1,300 worth of work done. I cannot let him see this or he will cry. I hate seeing a grown man cry.

With all its goodies, the seat and suspension and bolts I consider necessities, I priced it a chunk below market to any buyer will know right away they're getting a fabulous deal. With 4,212 miles, it's basically just broken in.

Yep, gonna be a nice ride for someone.

A comfy ride too....the Sergeant Seat is a limo for the buttisimo and the Moab shock is leagues better than the stock KLR shock. And it's all installed at a fraction of a new seat or shock price!

Like me, :doh: mine ate all my Moto Guzzi money and then some just rebuilding a motor. :argh: :thpt:

The engine on this bike is strong like bull (said with eastern european accent!) Doesn't burn any oil. Powered this bike on "the unknown ride" in Mexico and all over Big Bend national park. And - of course - the DOO is done!!

Too bad they only offered $4249! It's truly the end of an era....good luck Trice!

Yes, 4249 won't cut it, as 4250 is the walk out the door price. Just like the auto dealerships around here. No-haggle price. It's priced low (probably too low) as it sits. I'm putting it only here on twtex.com to give my site buddies first chance. Once it goes on Craig's List, it'll be gone.

thank goodness I have no cash right now, because you are TOO close and I am weak!

I accept Mexico Pesos if that helps

I put this link on another forum i'm on. Theres a guy there in austin looking at maybe getting a KLR. Not sure how close you are to austin but i'm sure he doesn't mind a road trip.

Good timing. Salma Hayek is here to pose with whomever looks at the bike.

folks have ridden much further for a slice of pie. :mrgreen:

Salma will serve pie to tirekickers. Peach pie.

:tab My apologies for my comment about ignoring my KLR :oops: I was NOT intending to bash the KLR. :nono: I just posted in response to the "stupid KTMs" comment before thinking how my comment could be taken :doh: I had MANY great adventures on my KLR and loved it :flip: I just moved to a different kind of riding. There is a reason why there are so many KLRs on the road and why they have a cult following. If I were contemplating a long adventure ride, this bike would be right up there at the top of my short list, especially the way Trice has it set up!

Everybody has to own a KLR at least once in their lives. I think its Texas law.

Just sent link to co-worker who has expressed interest in a DS bike.

If co-worker buys the bike, Salma will dance the snake dance with you

Looks like a perfect low budget Alaska bike.

:clap:

I would have taken it to Alaska, but Salma does not like cold weather and would not ride pillion to Alaska. She had no problem in Mexico, however.

Last edited:
Re: Tricepilot's '09 KLR!! Smokin' Hot Deal!!

You really need to dirty it up a little or they won't believe it is a KLR.

Put a milk crate on it or something.

Do you have a write up on the bed liner?

Kind of make me sad. It is the end of an era

That is a nice looking KLR:clap:

Ck that left front engine mount bolt...the lower one looks loose??

That is beautiful! I have a buddy that just bought an '05 for $3250 with 12,000 more miles on it and immediately needed $1,300 worth of work done. I cannot let him see this or he will cry. I hate seeing a grown man cry.

Like me, :doh: mine ate all my Moto Guzzi money and then some just rebuilding a motor. :argh: :thpt:

thank goodness I have no cash right now, because you are TOO close and I am weak!

I put this link on another forum i'm on. Theres a guy there in austin looking at maybe getting a KLR. Not sure how close you are to austin but i'm sure he doesn't mind a road trip.

:tab My apologies for my comment about ignoring my KLR :oops: I was NOT intending to bash the KLR. :nono: I just posted in response to the "stupid KTMs" comment before thinking how my comment could be taken :doh: I had MANY great adventures on my KLR and loved it :flip: I just moved to a different kind of riding. There is a reason why there are so many KLRs on the road and why they have a cult following. If I were contemplating a long adventure ride, this bike would be right up there at the top of my short list, especially the way Trice has it set up!

Just sent link to co-worker who has expressed interest in a DS bike.

I'm the guy Weljo2001 sent the link to. I work in Kyle, Tx and live in San Antonio, Tx. Cibolo is on my way home. I'd like to come see the bike :). I know I only have 1 post but have been a member since 08' when I had my XR650L. I'm an active member of advrider and kawasakiversys.com.

Thank you,

Choppastyle (Mario)
210-693-9078 (cell)

I would like to check it out. Give me a call so we can find a time. 210-827-1654
Larry

I would like to check it out. Give me a call so we can find a time. 210-827-1654
Larry

Sent a message to your cell number

I am throwing in with the deal Frank Perschnopskie's book "How To Pan For Gold" and a can of bear spray

CA_08151310071073-L.jpg

CA_08151310071755-L.jpg

Today's photos demonstrating the value of bedliner

I removed the "Tricepilot" graphics and then bedlinered over the location.

You could conceiveably roll this bike down the side of the Grand Canyon, and then make it new with the bedliner.

I am including a can of bedliner with purchase :trust: :clap:

You won't need a jacked up truck or an NRA sticker or fake cojones hanging from your hitch. This KLR does all that for you.

Back