• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

paved loop...

jsb223

Reaction score
First Name
jsb223
2001 DRZ400s stock...

Paved loop, About 130 miles w/ detours...

65-70 mph...

First leg about 50 miles...

Last leg about 80 miles...

50mpg...

Towards the end of the ride, that $280 for a corbin seat is starting to look like a lot better deal...

rt02.jpg

Last edited:
What about the gas tank size? Stock fine?

Tourmeister said:
What about the gas tank size? Stock fine?

50mpg gives me 100 miles to reserve...

The stock seat is only good for about 75 miles so I need a rest before
the bike needs gas, that's why the Corbin remark...

I am looking to upgrade both the tank and the seat...

This weekend I checked my mileage on the DR-Z and got 56 mpg on my last tank. Mostly paved miles, moderate pace. So with the stock tank I figure I'm good for at least 140 per tank now. I like my Corbin on the DR-Z, but it is a matter of preference for some, I need the lower seat height it gives you. I am still considering a Clarke tank.

Georgiapeach said:
This weekend I checked my mileage on the DR-Z and got 56 mpg on my last tank. Mostly paved miles, moderate pace. So with the stock tank I figure I'm good for at least 140 per tank now. I like my Corbin on the DR-Z, but it is a matter of preference for some, I need the lower seat height it gives you. I am still considering a Clarke tank.

Georgia, what tires did you decide to go with? Or are you still running the Trailwings?

WoodButcher said:
Georgia, what tires did you decide to go with? Or are you still running the Trailwings?

Mark (my husband) talked me into continental TKC 80's - I like them. No noise on the road, traction was good on the last ride, but I did do a little wiggling, so I think I need to air them down on the dirt. I had them at street pressure on our last ride, so actually, they did great. My clarke tank should be here any day now. Ooooo, now I can run with the big boys...as long as they wait for me after each turn...he,he.

Georgiapeach said:
Mark (my husband) talked me into continental TKC 80's - I like them. No noise on the road, traction was good on the last ride, but I did do a little wiggling, so I think I need to air them down on the dirt. I had them at street pressure on our last ride, so actually, they did great. My clarke tank should be here any day now. Ooooo, now I can run with the big boys...as long as they wait for me after each turn...he,he.

I can see I need to ride with you. They are usually waiting for me at the turns.

Back