• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Crazy Christmas at Lake Baker (Dec 13 & 14)

Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Squires
Hardy has graciously made the Lake Baker Resort available for this weekend.

Hardy says he has plenty of firewood available or a few hundred trees we can cut down if we run out (sounds kinda scary, don't it?)

There is a first class "out house" complete with crescent moon on the door under construction and our host assure it it will be complete in time. So now we have a pot to piss in!. Hardy says he has room for some RV's and such, but electricity will be be limited to household 15 circuit that should be sufficient for lighting AND A MARGARITA MACHINE, but not for air conditioner, electric heaters, ovens and such. So, if your RV has propane heat or you have some nice blankets, you should be good. For the not-so-tough tent dwellers, Hardy has a heated workshop where you can "camp". You tough ones, however, are welcome to camp in the wilds of the resort.

No formal meals are planned, but roasting road-kill and other meat products over the fire is always good. Plus Hardy tells me there is a great steak house nearby.

The Lake Baker Resort is located just outside the thriving metropolis of Marquez. I don't know about the riding in the area, but I'm sure we can get our camp host (Hardy) to lead us around.

SO, WHAT SAY YOU? WHO IS IN?

BODY COUNT

FRIDAY NIGHT
BeemerBob (I've got a Beemer for the weekend, so I lose the less for the weekend)
RockmanTex
Thumper_tx & Thumperer
WoodButcher
Ouroboros

SATURDAY NIGHT
BeemerBob & the Saint
SpiritAtBay
RockmanTex
Ouroboros
Zephyr & Zephyrette
CDC
Fjrtx
Thumper_tx & Thumperer
IndyRC and elbow-nose
WoodButcher
Ghostrider1964

On defense
WhiskeySmith
kickstand-prophet
ThomasM
Shovel & head nurse
Hizzo3
Notsofas!
Jar675
euromecdic
Jbay and other bays
SKatz
Tango & Green Eyes

Self-contained Aluminum Tents
BemmerBob & the Saint - 16' toy hauler
Prothis & SWMBO - 21' trailer
Thumper_tx & Thumperer - Pickup camper shell
IndyRC and elbow-nose '16'(?) Rolling A-frame

Last edited:
Re: Crazy Hardy and Crazy Bob's Christmas at Lake Baker (Dec 13 & 14)

sounds like fun BUTT

PRIOR COMMITMENTS prevent me from joining

i'll be cooking on the CHUCK WAGON for a camp full of SCOUTS

DANGEE!!!

sw

Sounds good. Fri & Sat - I'm in. I will probably run over to Lone Star BMW's open house for 2-3 hours that Saturday morn and get back for some good grub at Leona Steakhouse that night.

Steve

As long as my work schedule works I'm or we're in.

In

Interested. Good location for me.

Working on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk when i should have been doing something useful

For dolts like me, who didn't know where Marquez was.
yjutu3u5.jpg

Sent by Tapatalk

Last edited:
Crazy Hardy and Crazy Bob's Christmas at Lake Baker (Dec 13 & 14)

Hardy's got a pretty place! Especially with a full Lake Baker.

slowoldguy runs to google cheap hotels nearby.

Bob. The street riding in the general area is quite good. The unpaved roads range from very improved because of the o + g traffic to OK/good.

And I've never been to Leona steakhouse but I have seen the big chicken dozens of times. ;)

I don't know about this Bob. IndyRC and I were gonna put together a Just Plain Crazy camping weekend. However, with Hardy as the host at this campout, I think that trumps any reservations anyone might have. Mark me as "thinking about it".

Edit my to my post above.

I meant to say ... We are in...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk when i should have been doing something useful

I'm going to say we need to rent a port-a-potty. Otherwise, the RV'er have to clean out that that smelly tank, everybody will need to watch where they are walking in the woods...especially at night, we'll possibly have more women campers who won't want to walk out in the woods at night, we'll be helping the local economy, Hardy's woods will be cleaner, we won't have to remember which bunch of trees has the best cover and isn't too far away, and my daughter doesn't want to use trees.

Quote Bob: 'What say you?' or is that 'What could go wrong?'

Robert

Last edited:

I
am
in
!

I will also ride to the LSBMW Open House.

Thanks Hardy and Bob for organizing this and please arrange for decent weather.

From mobile

Put me in as a maybe a tad early to tell yet. Did not realize this is a Friday to Saturday event. I am out no possible way unless I am "dead" to get two work days off in a row.

Last edited:

Great response so far. Glad to have y'all. The out house ( port-a-can) situation will be taken care of. I will have the outdoor shower in service so if you require such, bring a towel and bathing suit or shorts to shower in, as the shower in right next to my home. Hot and cold water a plenty.
Oh, by the way, I'll be there too so count me in. I hope to see you "here" too.

I am a maybe pending wife's schedule. If she's not working, or if the in-laws can watch the kiddo, I'll be there.

Count me in for now. Will have to ask the Head Nurse if she wants to go.

AND for the unknowing, how do we get to the campsite from town? have to GPS it to get there.

I don't know about this Bob. IndyRC and I were gonna put together a Just Plain Crazy camping weekend. However, with Hardy as the host at this campout, I think that trumps any reservations anyone might have. Mark me as "thinking about it".

Thinking about it over here too... My semester ends December 15th and a weekend away could be the pre-Christmas stress relief the Dr ordered!

I'm going to say we need to rent a port-a-potty. Otherwise, the RV'er have to clean out that that smelly tank, everybody will need to watch where they are walking in the woods...especially at night, we'll possibly have more women campers who won't want to walk out in the woods at night, we'll be helping the local economy, Hardy's woods will be cleaner, we won't have to remember which bunch of trees has the best cover and isn't too far away, and my daughter doesn't want to use trees.

Quote Bob: 'What say you?' or is that 'What could go wrong?'

Robert

I agree! My Alumininium Tent has no potty and as much as I like you guys... I'm not a tree/leaf kinda gal.

Assuming the weather cooperates, count me in, too.

Thanks, Hardy!

edited to add:

Looking at that map...it's way out of my way, but a side trip may be in order. I sense a Kodak moment if there's a city limits sign in Ding Dong.

Last edited:

Sorry....No city limit sign for Ding Dong since it's not incorporated.... BUT... I think there is a general road sign on 195 that marks the Ding Dong community.

Sorry....No city limit sign for Ding Dong since it's not incorporated.... BUT... I think there is a general road sign on 195 that marks the Ding Dong community.

I'm gonna make it a personal quest. There's got to be some kind of a marker somewhere. I won't rest unitil I find it!

Semi quit generator?

Highly probable, I'll be on the wing.

Back