Go Back   TWT Forums > General Discussion > General

Notices

Forum Jump

Old 11-27-2013, 05:27 PM   #1
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

Shop Amazon and help support TWT

Howdy,

Well, for several years I have been meaning to sign up for the Amazon Affiliates program as a means of trying to generate a bit of income from the forum in an unobtrusive manner for the users. All a user has to do is enter the Amazon site using this link,

http://www.amazon.com/?tag=twowhetex-20

and then start shopping. For items that qualify, TWT will receive a small percentage.

If you leave the site before adding anything to your cart, the identifier that connects you with TWT will last for 24 hours or until you enter the site using someone else's link. If you add items to your cart, the identifier is supposed to last 30 days. Regardless, you can always just reenter Amazon using the link above. If you bookmark it, you won't even have to come here looking for it. You can also find the link using the "Support TWT" drop down menu on the Navbar at the top of any page on the site.

If someone puts a link to an Amazon product in a post, that link automatically gets the TWT identifier tagged to it.

I won't be putting up any extra banners other than what we already have up on the site.

I have no clue how much this might make for the site. However, it doesn't really cost anything for me to set it up. What I really like is that it allows users to support the site without having to worry about using Paypal (which some folks don't like) or trying to mail checks. The only downside side is that I have no way to connect this kind of support with the users to set them up as Forum Supporters. That will still be connected to direct donations to the site. The other thing I like is that I don't have to put ads all over the place in threads, between posts, etc,... like many sites do with programs like Google's Adsense.

I might eventually get around to creating an Amazon subforum where folks can post about specific products like motorcycle gear, tires, camping equipment, cameras, food, etc,...

Anyway, if you plan to do some holiday shopping on Amazon, please consider this as a way to helping TWT and let me know what you think.

Total Forum Supporter Donations For November: $33.96 - Previous Month: $635.07 - Record High: Jan 16 $1539.42 - 111 Current Forum Supporters out of 20871 Users (0.53%)
Support TWT by shopping at Amazon

The number one rule for this forum!
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Eph 4:29 (NIV)
Think before you post. Leave out the vulgarity, personal attacks and foul language!

Quote:
"However lofty the goals, if the means be depraved, the result must reflect that depravity." - Leonard E. Read

Lies are fragile. They require constant attentiveness to keep them alive. The exposure of a single truth can rip through an ocean of lies, evaporating it instantly. - Brandon Smith

If you want government to intervene domestically, you’re a liberal. If you want government to intervene overseas, you’re a conservative. If you want government to intervene everywhere, you’re a moderate. If you don’t want government to intervene anywhere, you’re an extremist. — Joe Sobran

It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a ‘dismal science.' But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance. – Murray N. Rothbard

When one possessed of the Truth suffers from a heavy heart he is susceptible to a more dangerous affliction — the craving for power to eradicate error, to cause Truth to triumph by force. - Frank Chodorov

Where politicians flourish, long history has harshly taught us, people and their liberty wither. Where the state is god and the "public interest" worshipped, individual man will be found bleeding upon the altar. - Karl Hess

The accepted wisdom is that without the state, society would collapse into lawlessness and crime. In fact, lawlessness and crime define the very nature of the state and the society organized by it. - Bionic Mosquito

But the myth of the rule of law does more than render the people submissive to state authority; it also turns them into the state's accomplices in the exercise of its power. For people who would ordinarily consider it a great evil to deprive individuals of their rights or oppress politically powerless minority groups will respond with patriotic fervor when these same actions are described as upholding the rule of law. - John Hasnas
Tourmeister is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 05:30 PM   #2
E.Marquez
Forum Supporter

Re: Shop Amazon and help support TWT

Saved.
I shop Amazon once a week or so.....
Post event services

Total Rider
Your path to a TX motorcycle license
And advanced Rider training
E.Marquez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 05:41 PM   #3
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.Marquez View Post
Saved.
Awesome. Thanks!!

Unfortunately, I can't get credit on my own purchases... I would have cashed in yesterday as I did my Christmas shopping (new home theater setup, TV and everything...)

Total Forum Supporter Donations For November: $33.96 - Previous Month: $635.07 - Record High: Jan 16 $1539.42 - 111 Current Forum Supporters out of 20871 Users (0.53%)

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Eph 4:29 (NIV)
Think before you post. Leave out the vulgarity, personal attacks and foul language!

Quote:
"However lofty the goals, if the means be depraved, the result must reflect that depravity." - Leonard E. Read

Lies are fragile. They require constant attentiveness to keep them alive. The exposure of a single truth can rip through an ocean of lies, evaporating it instantly. - Brandon Smith

If you want government to intervene domestically, you’re a liberal. If you want government to intervene overseas, you’re a conservative. If you want government to intervene everywhere, you’re a moderate. If you don’t want government to intervene anywhere, you’re an extremist. — Joe Sobran

It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a ‘dismal science.' But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance. – Murray N. Rothbard

When one possessed of the Truth suffers from a heavy heart he is susceptible to a more dangerous affliction — the craving for power to eradicate error, to cause Truth to triumph by force. - Frank Chodorov

Where politicians flourish, long history has harshly taught us, people and their liberty wither. Where the state is god and the "public interest" worshipped, individual man will be found bleeding upon the altar. - Karl Hess

The accepted wisdom is that without the state, society would collapse into lawlessness and crime. In fact, lawlessness and crime define the very nature of the state and the society organized by it. - Bionic Mosquito

But the myth of the rule of law does more than render the people submissive to state authority; it also turns them into the state's accomplices in the exercise of its power. For people who would ordinarily consider it a great evil to deprive individuals of their rights or oppress politically powerless minority groups will respond with patriotic fervor when these same actions are described as upholding the rule of law. - John Hasnas

Last edited by Tourmeister; 11-27-2013 at 05:42 PM.
Old 11-27-2013, 05:56 PM   #4
slowoldguy

In.

"Roll The Bones 5" Rally, Laguna Park, Texas What's coming next? Hmmmm. October , 2014

http://www.rollthebonesrally.com/
slowoldguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 06:14 PM   #5
kurt
Administrator

Shortcut updated. You are going to be rich! You really should have done this a week ago.
kurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 06:15 PM   #6
SergeL

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.Marquez View Post
Saved.
Same here! I'm frequent Amazon shopper

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 4

"I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as fast as I could!"
SergeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 06:32 PM   #7
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurt View Post
Shortcut updated. You are going to be rich! You really should have done this a week ago.
Nah... I should have done it YEARS ago Amazon has had this affiliate program since 1996! Have I mentioned that I have a serious procrastination problem...?

Quote:

Old 11-27-2013, 06:35 PM   #8
sharkey
The Incredible Hulk

Perfect timing with the holidays. I love my Amazon Prime account.
Old 11-27-2013, 06:57 PM   #9
M38A1
Administrator

I just sent the entry point link to a big circle of family/friends.

"Everyone should have something in their life that requires a helmet" - Ann Sweeney
"Sleep doesn't help if it's your soul that's tired" - Unknown

2002 BMW R1150GS - I just call it "Number 5"...
2003 Honda Rancher ES - A work in progress...
M38A1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 07:37 PM   #10
budzrex

I use Amazon a few times each month I will be glad to click through to help TWT, I wonder if it also works on my purchases at Audible it is an Amazon owned company
1992 RM250
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T
2005 Dodge Ram

The best times in life are often behind bars
just pick horizontal ones
budzrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 08:47 PM   #11
focus frenzy

Book marked!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Old 11-28-2013, 12:23 AM   #12
RTScott

Yay! I buy pretty much everything except groceries from Amazon
Old 11-28-2013, 10:30 AM   #13
echo_four_romeo
User's account inactive by request

Bookmarked...
echo_four_romeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 10:34 AM   #14
MacDaddy

In.

Gray 14 Tenere ES
White 12 Burgman Exec (You got a problem with that?)
White 18 Honda PCX (153 cc of Heck and Fury)
MacDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 10:39 AM   #15
El Fenix

Folks, make sure you have "cookies" enabled in your browsers for this to work. They should be on by default, but some folks turn them off. That's how things get tracked.

Also, Scott you may have the option to have the cookies work for longer that the times you stated above. Amazon may set them to a certain range, but longer times are possible. I used to have a dietary supplement website, and used the Amazon affiliate program, but it's been a few years.
2001 Triumph Sprint ST in British Racing Green
2003 Honda Shadow Spirit (Sold)

Digital Knowledge Manager
El Fenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 11:05 AM   #16
slowoldguy

Shop Amazon and help support TWT

El Fenix. lol. I don't even know what those words mean. I do almost everything from my phone. Do I have "cookies"? Do I have to do anything other than enter through Scott's link?

"Roll The Bones 5" Rally, Laguna Park, Texas What's coming next? Hmmmm. October , 2014

Old 11-28-2013, 11:22 AM   #17
El Fenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowoldguy View Post
El Fenix. lol. I don't even know what those words mean. I do almost everything from my phone. Do I have "cookies"? Do I have to do anything other than enter through Scott's link?
If you are using a "full mobile browser" like Opera, Safari, or Chrome on your smartphone, then yes, I believe so.

If you're using Tapatalk on the forum, then it may transfer over after you click a link. Not really sure on that one.

Old 11-28-2013, 11:24 AM   #18
slowoldguy

Tapatalk. It's virtually idiot-proof and I'm a virtual idiot so....

Old 11-28-2013, 11:28 AM   #19
El Fenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowoldguy View Post
Tapatalk. It's virtually idiot-proof and I'm a virtual idiot so....
No worries. These are questions folks don't know, or really ever need to know, unless they own a website, or do digital marketing for other businesses, like I do.

Old 11-28-2013, 12:50 PM   #20
mojTX

This is an AWESOME deal. I will def be using it for my Christmas shopping. Is there a way for the buyer to see how much is coming back to TWT?
mojTX is offline   Reply With Quote