• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Lucky Find

Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Rogers
The other weekend I was bored and decided to go out riding and try to find Lake Louisville. I didn't know how to get there but I thought I'd make an adventure of it. I eventually ended up in some deadend gravel neighborhood, not having any clue as to where I was. Oh well, then this sign caught my attention.
DSC01751.jpg

I didn't feel like trespassing so I called the number on the sign and the lady actually said I could go out and check it out on my motorcycle.

Finally something off road
DSC01747.jpg

There were some nice forested trails
normal_DSC01738.jpg

Nice open trails, that lead to...
normal_DSC01744.jpg

Found the lake
DSC01745.jpg

Rode all up and down the beach
normal_DSC01736.jpg

normal_DSC01730.jpg

normal_DSC01733.jpg

That thing across the lake was the lighthouse
normal_DSC01724.jpg

Me trying to take a pic of myself
normal_DSC01742.jpg

Some of the trail was really overgrown, no pics of that part b/c i was trying not to get stuck in all the vines
normal_DSC01748.jpg

On the way home, stopped by Frisco
normal_DSC01760.jpg

It's nice to find stuff like that when you're not even expecting it.

-Drew

That's a cool find...

I did 112 miles Sunday exploring around Lake Waco only to find...

Corps of Engineering pipe fencing...

Private Property and No Trespassing signs...

In other words...

NO DIRT...

:angryfire

Nice ride report Drew. Great pics!

It's hard to find decent places to ride with the population expansion these days. In a few years we'll be wondering where all the dirt roads used to be, much less any trials to ride on the way things are going!

Nice pics! When we all go riding it's always..."where's the dirt?" It's tough because Randy and I (Drew's parents) ride cruisers. LOL. We headed out to East Texas last weekend and on the way home we(he) "tested" many roads trying to find the dirt that didn't lead to someones house.

She by chance didn't mention how much they wanted for that property, did she? That's some beautiful real estate!

Cheers! M2

I would have never thought to call the real estate agent like you did, what a nice piece of property.

Hey Drew,

Send me the address for that spot? I'd like to "tour" it via motorcycle too.:mrgreen:

Back