• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2013 Christini 450E (AWD Enduro) - $6000

Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Krzeszkiewicz
I'm going to make a very long winded post about this (it's not like any of you are actually working like you're supposed to be;-) ), hoping it will help as it isn't a well known machine. Pics and details of the bike for sale will be in the 2nd post.

Up for sale is a pretty cool dirt bike. For those who have never heard of Christini, they are based out of Philadelphia, PA. They've been building AWD bike setups for about 10 years that I'm aware of based on KTM and Honda CRF frames. They've had some pretty good results in some extreme enduros like Last Man Standing and Erzberg due to the skill of Geoff Aaron at the helm.

First, some background...

The Bike itself is built by AsiaWing in China who builds all the small displacement Hondas for the Asian/Indian market. They use the exact tooling, drawings and engineering/material requirements used on Honda's '06-'07 CRF450X enduro. Is it a bad thing that it's based off the 06-07? No. The CRF450X has basically been unchanged since it's inception in '05. What changed for '06 and '07 is a revised 3rd gear, slight engine placement geometry and a 22mm vs 24mm fork offset. Changes to later models have been a basically useless steering damper and bold new graphics. The best change happened in '13 with a revised AP spring and AP timing in the carb. (Which I took care of on this bike)

Is there a quality difference between this and a real Honda? The bike is exactly the same with the exception of a different design head and carb, lower budget brakes and a die cast aluminum clutch cover. All other Honda parts fit. The Honda brakes may be better for flat out racing but on the trails where I've never seen more than 40mph, they're plenty powerful and modulate easy. The Honda clutch cover is cast magnesium and sucks just as bad. Guaranteed to poke a shift lever through it the first crash.

There are 2 BIG differences.

1 is the carb. It's still a Keihin (sp?) FCR but it uses a single throttle cable, relocates the choke cable to be handlebar operated (AWD system on the frame blocks usual placement) and has a fixed 50 leak jet in the bowl. (just right for east Texas)

2 is the head. The decompression bits are slightly different and the compression ratio is a point lower (12:1 vs 13:1). Oh, and the smog block off is standard!!!!

Are those differences a big deal? No. In fact an owner at Advrider.com dyno'd his and got 37 RWHP, same as the Honda. It's every bit as snappy and fuels just as well. I owned a 450X before this (sold to Thrashberg) and I honestly think drivetrain performance is truly equal. I also have no reason to believe it will be less durable that an actual Honda over the lifespan.

I'll tell what, IMO, is better than the Honda.

1. The Morzocchi forks. Better Sprung and damped compared to the Showas.

2. The shock. Exact copy of the Showa but better sprung and damped as well.

(I spent $1500 at RG3 to get the Honda suspension to work this well for the woods)

3. Billet triple clamp and 1 1/8 aluminum bars. Bars can be offset in 4 different positions.

4. Supersprox style rear sprocket.

5. Better performing/lighter aluminum muffler.

6. Better Talon billet hubs and DID rims.

7. 2.6 gallon tank

Those are all the differences between a bone stock Honda CRF450X and a Christini 450E minus the AWD setup. The frame is modified to run a chain off a double front sprocket that goes to a separate clutch housing for engaging/disengaging. then a shaft connects to a bevel gear system in a beefier headstock that drives 2 counter-rotating driveshafts via the bottom tree. Then the 2 shafts drive a custom billet hub. The hub freewheels going forward in normal operation and engages to drive when the rear wheel starts spinning faster than the front. the amount of slippage is determined by the secondary drive. Right now the ratio is .73:1 and stock is .64:1. So, now, the front kicks in sooner which is great for the miles of sand in Texas. Also great in mud bogs and other slick snotty stuff. Rather than the front swapping places with the rear, it pulls you ahead straight. Very nice!

It can be run in rear wheel drive only or you can engage the front for 2 wheel drive via a handlebar mounted lever. I leave it on since it doesn't actually do anything until the rear starts spinning too fast. But if you like to back the rear in everywhere, you can turn it off or change back to the stock ratio (included).

Last edited:
Re: FS - 2013 Christini 450E (AWD Enduro)

Now, time for the bike:

Christini 450E

154.6 miles (4 rides)

Cycra Probend CRM handguards
Trail Tech Vapor
Rad fan and handlebar switch
Hyde racing composite skid plate
Unibiker rad guards/braces
Rekluse clutch cover (just the cover!)
Pivot Pegs (they rock!)
Fork seal savers
Tugger front & rear traps
Guts step seat foam and cover
Rejetted (45, 165)
R&D flex jet
TM Designworks chain guide
Stock headlight and nacelle

New (uninstalled extras):
TM Designworks slide and guide roller.
2.6 gallon tank and billet cap (x2)
front brake (caliper, hose and master cylinder/lever)
throttle cable
clutch cable (x2)
clutch lever
throttle tube
supersprox style chainring
rear subframe
complete set of Christini decals

Stock take offs:
clutch cover
rad louvers
frame and case guards
chain slider
footpegs
stock ratio front spocket
jets
original seat cover

Other extras:
PJ1 filter oil
Honda HP trans fluid
oil filters & o-ring (x3)
lube pump
misc Honda fasteners
Flywheel puller tool

DSC03099-XL.jpg

DSC03100-XL.jpg

DSC03101-XL.jpg

DSC03102-XL.jpg

DSC03103-XL.jpg

DSC03104-XL.jpg

DSC03105-XL.jpg

DSC03106-XL.jpg

DSC03107-XL.jpg

Now for the price:

$7000 for bike and all goodies and spares and manual and certificate of origin. Owned outright.

Bike has had all fluids and filter changed. Air filter cleaned and lubed. AWD system completely cleaned, lubed and adjusted. Shock linkage too.

Can help with delivery within reasonable distances.

Very nice and interesting bike.

So, it was not the right bike or other issues keeping you from enjoying
the offroad scene. I see you still have the street bike.

Hope all is well have not seen you in a while.

So, it was not the right bike or other issues keeping you from enjoying
the offroad scene. I see you still have the street bike.

Hope all is well have not seen you in a while.

Hey Bud. Right bike, wrong body. Like the CRF you picked up from me some time ago, health issues made me give it up. Tried again when I thought I made progress. My last ride was a test and put the final nail in the coffin. Spinal issues and slowly losing the ability to walk, let alone ride. Too hard on my body all these years.:giveup:

Props to all the AARP members who are still able to do it.:zen:

Sorry to hear that, any treatments on the horizon to stave off the
back issues so you can have a semi normal daily life? You still working
at the same place?

I will try to shoot you a PM next time I am in town maybe we can catch lunch.

2013 Christini 450E (AWD Enduro) - $6800

I've been intrigued by the Christinis for a while now. I wish I rode enough to justify buying one of the two stroke models.

Last edited:

man. i have wanted one of these. nice to see one for sale. if i had spare cash.. this would be mine. Maybe if someone would buy my superduke haha.

Price dropped to $6800

Re: 2013 Christini 450E (AWD Enduro) - $6800

Sorry you are having to sell the bike Bob. Wish your back would have gotten better instead of worse. I have ridden with X1 at SHNF several times. The Christini is a very cool bike and always performed well out on the trails. Bob keeps it in immaculate working order. Whoever gets this bike is getting a nicely farkled out pristine condition like new bike. Good luck with the sale and the back rehab Bob. I know it kills you to have to throw in the towel on dirt riding.
But I could tell by how much discomfort you were in when we would ride together that the trails were not helping your condition. Good call on stopping now.

Thanks Donny. My aspirations of becoming a member of the AARP riding group is over. Take care of your back too. Ain't getting any younger, you know...:lol2:

Very nice write up. Thanks for all the information. I saw theses bikes at the X games. Very good on the hard stuff. I hope to see it out on some rides. Good luck with the sale and specially your back.

My truck knows the way to Bobs and I will offer free delivery to San Antonio , Austin or Dallas for him, well almost free as I will need to be allowed some play time on the bike:rider:

I looked at the Christini after seeing one at the Erz a few years ago. I was astounded at how it handled the boulder fields. Other riders were shooting their bikes up and forward, laying the bike on it's side over and over to advance. The Christini came crawling through and passed two bikes in the big rocks. Impressive.

I looked at the Christini after seeing one at the Erz a few years ago. I was astounded at how it handled the boulder fields. Other riders were shooting their bikes up and forward, laying the bike on it's side over and over to advance. The Christini came crawling through and passed two bikes in the big rocks. Impressive.

Just getting up the very 1st hill climbs from the start is worth it's weight in gold. How many people drop out right there?

Re: 2013 Christini 450E (AWD Enduro) - $6700

$6700

Re: 2013 Christini 450E (AWD Enduro) - $6600

Still looking to get rid of this. $6600.

Not even any comments from the contingent?

Don't get discouraged Bob. Seems like most riders are laying back until the heat breaks. Once the weather is accommodating again, interest should pick up.

I want it, want it, want it...... Can't afford it, can't afford it, can't afford it.
Good luck with the sale. Hope someone in Austin buys it so I can see how it does at Emma Long.

Still looking to get rid of this. $6600.

Not even any comments from the contingent?

I'm sure it's the heat and back to school, will pick up soon and sell for you. I have one for sale too, understand the frustration.

I needed AWD the other day. Rocks are slick after the rain.

Just curious, but what happens if you mess with different size rear sprockets? Does the front always have the same drive ratio regardless of what you do with the rear or can that also be adjusted?

Changing the rear sprocket alone would be a bad thing, lock it up

Back