• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

RIDE TO EAT: Novembers Meet n Greet n Eat with A Ride on the side- Sun. 11/9

Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Wright
Ready for something cool? Well that is where we are headed for Novembers M@G@E. Where is Cool you say? Well it is between Mineral Wells and Weatherford. V-lust suggested this place after eating there recently. For the chicken fried steak lover,this was the most tender one I have had all year. You might not know this but I eat a lot of CFS.:trust: Wonderful hand cut fries,onion rings,a good large menu and wait for it......wait for it....dessert,tons of dessert. Would be worth coming out just for that alone.:deal: Pictures below of the food we tried ourselves that Sunday. Makes you hungry doesn't it? Please let me know if you are coming by signing into the thread. This is very important so that they will have enough wait staff for us. This event takes place on Sunday November the 9th at 11am. Come one come all. Regulars,first timers,veterans, and all new members welcome. If you have never been to a ride to eat event sign on up and join in on the fun. Once again I challenge all the Dallas/Ft Worth TWT members to sign up. Everyone is invited. These are always fantastic ways for all you new TWT members to rub elbows with senior riders and just maybe make a new riding buddy or friend.:rider: See you all Sunday November the ninth at eleven. :eat:

Working on getting a few camping spots for those who do not like camping in the Texas heat. Will let you know about camping Saturday hopefully Friday.
Will post up as soon as I secure some sites.

Please let me know if you might be interested in camping with us Saturday the night before the event.

Note camping will be at Ft Richardson. Big Dave will be there Friday and Saturday. He is kind enough to get a few sites for us ahead of time so we have a place to hang. I am working on getting Saturday off so I do not have to rush to get there after work. Please let us know if your camping also so we can keep count.

Rides below to the event from DFW and Austin.

http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99192

http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99257

Also Mr2Mch will be taking a few of us on a ride on the back roads after lunch. Destination unknown![ame="http://youtu.be/1WDly1Oc_P4"]Missing Persons - Destination Unknown - YouTube[/ame]

Campers so far:
Big Dave
WhiskeySmith
daave
need2tour
TossingLead
V-Lust

Herds Dinner Saturday is post number 98 for those who are camping or stopping by for dinner the night before the main event.

100_3873-001_zps141f9370.jpg

100_3874-001_zps2e5a7d19.jpg

100_3876-001_zps6559b5b4.jpg

100_3878-001_zps91c55443.jpg

100_3879-001_zpsba34896b.jpg

100_3883-001_zpsb99fe179.jpg

"INS":eat3::rider: camp list above pictures^^^^^^^
V-lust +1
Mr2mch
rpcraft
cheez
OldTLSDoug
kickstand~prophet
one Wolf
No350
GailCallsMeKarl
Alwaysanadventure
Robin
Simmons1 +1
Buffalo
sKatZ+1
MaxxTraxx
DFW Tom
EL Fenix
dutchess and TJ
M@!
Stealthcrf
clutchless
txwingman
TossingLead
Topkick
Zephyr
VintageGW's+1
snlsmith+1
YoDoc
xsf18cdf
KamLeeR
SpiritAtBay
M38A1
NT Slim
Maxx Traxx
WhiskeySmith
3wolves
daave
need2tour
dima
focus frenzy
jmmgarza
FlynJ+1
rz racer 69
Red Brown
schrec
Janet
Rob@Kath(55)
maximus flavius

"MAYBEES":scratch:
swoody126
CletusJ
Grinder
Transpomgr
IROldSkool
Kurt
o matic
lyns1526+1
sgifford

Last edited:
Re: Novembers Meet n Greet n Eat with A Ride on the side

Barring an ice storm Grandmaw and I will be there!:rider::eat:

If thats the place Im thinkin of.... (& it prob is) been past it several times while out searchn goat paths.. Always a bunch of cars in the parkin lot. (definately a good sign)

&.....guess what... There are TONS of great little paved goodies all round to entertain ya afterwards (or before) eatin. Hard ta resist.....

Put me on the "Cool" list

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

I should have one or 2 rides running so I say sure count me in. I'll post back if things change.

:rider:

I'm in, and I'll be planning a morning ride for sure. Probably something from Eagle Mountain Lake across Veal Station Road, Old Springtown Road, Upper Denton Road, Old Garner Road, etc.

Edit: probably looking at a route like this one, KSU 8:15 Sunday 11/9 at Westport Parkway/35W (southwest corner at the Mobil/7-11 there):
Edit Two: Sweet! Thanks one Wolf- route updated to avoid Old Garner Road.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/32....66a3f7a4ab!2m2!1d-98.0021465!2d32.7999623!3e0

Rod, if you have any route suggestions, feel free to offer roads to add...

I think I will try it and see how it is. I am low carbing, I think I can find something to love in there that won't set me back. Woo Hoo! The pie run this weekend is in Whitney, so two easy fun ones should be great for me.:rider:

So close to my house can't pass this one up. Probably have lunch there today.

Count me as IN.

I'm in for camp+ride

will be riding in Big Bend then so I cannot make it,Darn.

This is a good route west of W'ford. Old Garner Road was recently chip sealed and is not much fun. This is the scenic way after a short blast up 920 from 180.

https://goo.gl/maps/KPjy4

Help!!! Here we go again. The park I was thinking of using has a two day minimum! I can only be there Saturday evening. Any one have a ranch/yard in that area we can use Saturday? Or point us to a camp site in the area that is reasonable?

Count me in for lunch/ride on Sunday. Thank u

Looks like mineral wells state park is really close.

Right around the corner but two day minimum. Anyone camping Friday and Saturday or Saturday and Sunday? I was planning on being there only Saturday evening. If anyone is going to do a extended camp I would be happy to pay for my part of the site. Several others will be coming also.

I am planing on it, would love to camp this time of year, but have family plans. Please put me down as maybe for now.

Love to eat. Hate to camp. See ya at lunch.

Linda and I are planning to attend. Not camping.

Right around the corner but two day minimum. Anyone camping Friday and Saturday or Saturday and Sunday? I was planning on being there only Saturday evening. If anyone is going to do a extended camp I would be happy to pay for my part of the site. Several others will be coming also.

Possum Kingdom SP is about an hour away from Cool, does not require two day minimum, and currently has tons of campsites available. However, their website says that the water in the park is non-potable due to high salt content. Suppose that's why there are so many sites available.

Near as I can figure there is nothing else going on that weekend that would prevent me from doing what I want to do so mark me an IN.

Edited to add: Just lunch no camping.

Fort Richardson SP & HS is about 35 miles from Cool and has several campsites currently available. Doesn't look like they have a two day minimum either. Plus no notices about poor water quality.

This looks much better. Mineral Wells only has three water only sites. I'm in for Friday and Saturday. Probably just ride the bike and no jeep maybe. This sounds good, Any other takers for Fri & Sat? Just wondering if we need to get more than one.

Almost definitely in! Thanks for the heads up, KP! Just gotta rearrange some of the deck chairs on the life Titanic before I can say "definitely in" :-)

Thanks KP!
Enough notice, I can maybe make this for lunch Sunday. Getting a sat. off is unlikely.

Back