• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

camping

1. S

For sale: 2021 Taxa Mantis Overland Edition

Selling my 2021 Taxa Mantis Overland Edition trailer. In great condition, and located in Georgetown, Texas. Includes never used Thule roof mounted 3-person tent, added KickAss Outback Instant Ensuite outdoor shower awning on left side, added tie down cleats in floor in open galley area, and...
  2. Darty

Camping Equipment

Howdy, I'm starting to look for a new tent for motorcycle camping. I have a cheap $20 Coleman 2 man right now and it is way too cold. I don't think I can pack enough blankets in the saddle bags to make it comfortable on a cool night. If anyone has suggestions on motorcycle camping tents I would...
  3. Boulder Ed

Camping Gear

My wife quit riding a year ago and sold her R1200R. She had at least one of every thing made for lightweight camping off a bike I think. Ping me if you need something this spring. Some very useful items like Alt rider dry bags for the tail of a bike to carry all your gear, Aerostich's version...
  4. B

*SOLD*2015 Camper Van / Toy Hauler Van for sale

SOLDConversion by Sportsmobile(.com) $39k. Ram Promaster chassis 26k miles,V6 gas, 18mpg,front is for set up for living and sleeping/rear set up for hauling motos separated with a wall. 2 Beds(70"x45"&70"x31"),sink facet, 10g water, 186amps house batteries, 12v&110v electrical,9200btu roof A/C...
  5. sKatZ

Rendezvous Time!!! Rich Mountain Rendezvous - Sept. 14-17, 2017

Rich Mountain Rendezvous 2017 will be held from September 14-17, 2017. Registration is open now at rmr4casa.com Save $5 on registration with the coupon code ERLYBRD by August 1, 2017. What: Rich Mountain Rendezvous 2017 Where: Queen Wilhelmina State Park, Mena, AR When: Sept. 14-17, 2017 Why...
  6. E-Miles

9-10 day Ouray CO ride May 21st

I'll be leaving Friendswood on my k1200s Saturday, May 21st and heading to Ouray for 2 days riding SW CO. Camping along the way. Wife would feel better if I had someone going with, but I don't know many riders up for such a trip. Day 1 In-laws property outside of Tarpley Day 2 Carlsbad CO Day...
  7. crchristo

Interested in a no pavement Mexico trip?

I've set my mind on riding in Mexico this year, and plan on doing the ride to Galeana in October. The more I thought about it, the less I wanted to wait that long, Unfortunately, I can't do the planned ride to Jalpan in April. So, I started reading reports both here and other places. Among...
  8. C

Shadow of the Rockies March 2016

This year for spring break I would like to ride the length of New Mexico via the Shadow of the Rockies, part of the TAT. I am riding a 2012 wr250r and could use advice on everything from tires to fuel stops to camping space. I figure I have ten days to truck to El Paso, ride as far as I can, and...
  9. sKatZ

Rich Mountain Rendezvous 2015!

Mark your calendars! Only a few short DAYS to a wonderful event for a terrific cause! WHAT: Rich Mountain Rendezvous WHEN: September 17-20, 2015 WHERE: Queen Wilhelmina State Park, Mena, AR WHY: Because the riding is great, the food is great, the fun is great and everyone participating...
  10. WhiskeySmith

Two Wheeled Texan Tent Surfing

If you have tent space to offer up to a fellow TWT member, please post your information to this thread. A placemark, with a link back to your post, will then be added to a (public) map. Please include your basic location (i.e. City/State, Road Intersection, etc. But not address.) to make it...
Back