• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

big bend

1. rz_racer_69

Bike For Sale 2013 Husqvarna TR 650 Terra FI - Sold

Next up for sale is the 2013 Husky Terra lovingly ridden by Clutchless for many years. Nothing wrong with it, just got new bike fever. :) 10,168 miles, good tires, current registration, all stock except the handlebars, and added an adjustable Madstad windscreen for longer rides. Clean Texas...
  2. V

2014 KTM 690 Enduro R for sale

6,280 miles. $6,900. Near Austin. Craig 713-927-3522 Plated. Moab, Colorado Alpine Loop, Big Bend ready. Clear title Windshield added for excellent high speed comfort. HBD sturdy metal bark busters with folding rear view mirrors. Suspension improved with valving and springs by Konflict...
  3. Texas_ADV

Big Bend, Nov 1st-10th

Nov. 1st Nothing super crazy, a simple ride from Houston out to Kerrville. Took a nice meandering route, stopping in San Marcos for lunch. Evening in Kerrville we stay with some family and enjoyed a nice meal at Mamacitas. Still not 100% sure about the neon green, green sauce though…… GPX...
  4. DFW_Warrior

2 Weeks Off! Christmas in Big Bend

Long story short, 2020 has been one heck of a year. With work being very interesting, I was able to take my first two weeks off in a row in over 10 years. I am usually taking breaks a week at a time or less but due to this year’s workflow I was able to swing two weeks off. So out to Big Bend...
  5. Trail Boss

2021 Around the Bend: Mar 11-14

2021 Around the Bend rally Mar 11 - Mar 14, 2021 Around the Bend is an annual 4 day motorcycle rally in the Big Bend region of Texas. For 2019 the rally is scheduled Thursday - Sunday, Mar 11 - 14, 2021. All riders are invited to attend on their street legal motorcycles. What kind of rally is...
  6. JSeely

Big Bend December

I had to miss the Hill Country 500 and....being quite frustrated about that, started planning another dual sport trip in 2019. I am thinking the week of 16 December for a Big Bend trip. Anyone interested? I am good alone, with one other or 100 others. Just want to go challenge myself and get...
  7. crchristo

Big Bend National Park - Overlay & GPS Tracks

This might come in handy for some of you. I've been looking for a comprehensive set of GPS tracks covering all the legal roads in BBNP and have not been able to find one. I've also been looking for an official Geo-refererenced PDF map like many other national parks have, but; no luck. So, I...
  8. A

Hello from Austin, TX

Hi all, been lurking for a few weeks, love the site! I'm planning my first big adventure trip in a couple months to Big Bend National Park. I'll be riding my 2015 KLR650 up there along w/ some buddies travelling by car. We're actually going to camp for about 3-4 nights in the backcountry, and...
  9. darkksyde

Going throught Del Rio to Big Bend...Is it Safe?

Ok, so i have never been to big bend and My husband offered t take me. The only issue is that he is very uncomfortable going through Del Rio. My Question is... Is it Safe? or Should We Skip it and go further north?
  10. andyc740

Union Bike Fest - Chihuahua, Chih, Mexico

First part of October I went to see my neck doctor for my three-month checkup after my summer neck operation. He saw my riding jacket and asked what it was. "That's my riding jacket." "You've been riding again?" "Yes. I rode down here." "Have you been on any long rides lately...like San...
  11. P

New Austin ADV Rider

Hey Everyone, Just joined TWT and here's my requisite intro. I recently bought a 1200GS after riding every bit of asphalt I could find in the Alpine/Marfa/Big Bend area where I try to escape to 3-4 times per year on my R1200R. Ready to try some roads I haven't been on and have been enjoying...
  12. LtDan

Dual Sport Bike Rental, Smoky Mountains and Big Bend Texas

BIG BEND 2016 UPDATE This year again we'll be set up at the Big Bend Motor Inn at the intersection of Hwys. 170 and 118 in beautiful downtown Terlingua, or Study Butte, depending on who you talk to! Dates are January 22nd through March 18th so we'll be here during Uncle's Around the Bend ride...
  13. andyc740

Good Times at the Big Bend Open Road Race

Last weekend I rode out to the Big Bend Open Road Race (BBORR) in Ft. Stockton. I'm still working up the trip report, but I wanted to post a teaser. The trip report will likely get to be a long one, discussing open road racing, timing, my ride there and back and probably a few rabbit trails...
  14. Wes

Wes's Big Bend Weekend Scouting Trip

Well a few coworkers and I took off Saturday morning to ride to Big Bend for an overnight trip. This was intended as a scouting trip to check out whether we should return for a longer trip later. The ride started out cold but it wasn't bad till we reached Van Horn and started to see snow on...
Back