• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

new mexico

1. Mr. Pan AM

Anyone want to do a BDR?! NM, AZ, maybe?

I’d love to do a BDR but I don’t want to do one on my own. I think folks would consider me to be a B+ rider and always up for a challenge. I e never done a BDR but have a lot of off road experience. I would prefer to do it with folks who are timely and skilled and can go almost wherever as...
  2. vicrider

Cali to Texas Ride

Hey all. I am new to Texas. Moved from Cali last year and decided to ride down here via scenic routes! Lots of cold nights through the Sierra-Nevada Ranges and weather started to warm up a little in Nevada. I mapped two routes and took the one through Arizona and New Mexico...
  3. Trail Boss

Adventure in a time of Covid

AKA: Live, Ride, and Survive with the Furious Five
  4. Trail Boss

Best-Mex: New Mexico Backcountry Discovery Ride

My apologies - I double posted this thread by mistake
  5. KoryJ

Father and Son NMBDR, New Mexico Backcountry Discovery

Father and Son NMBDR Here is the ride report for our New Mexico BDR trip, May 27th to June 2nd. There is a video link after every day report before pictures if your on a PC they may not show as a thumbnail may just show a link. My dad (Montejay) and I (KoryJ) had been planning this trip for...
  6. H

Just finished the NMBDR!

I just got home from riding the New Mexico Backcountry Discovery Route - it was a great ride! I was riding my TW200, and my buddy Bajaexplorer who I met through this forum was riding his DR650. I am not all that good at writing trip reports but I had not seen much info on this newer route before...
  7. C

Shadow of the Rockies March 2016

This year for spring break I would like to ride the length of New Mexico via the Shadow of the Rockies, part of the TAT. I am riding a 2012 wr250r and could use advice on everything from tires to fuel stops to camping space. I figure I have ten days to truck to El Paso, ride as far as I can, and...
  8. greeneggs&ham

Must see Cloudcroft route Suggestions

I was wondering if anyone could help with some suggested routes in or around Cloudcroft. We have plans for a few days in late June. I have read the trip report from Richard & Tracepilot. Does anyone have any must see areas either forestry roads, dirt roads or paved? The wife & I have been to...
Back