• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

gps

1. ScottBrownAdventurer

Gear For Sale Garmin Tread (no longer for sale)

Howdy, I'd like to sell my Garmin Tread with Group Ride Radio (it also works through most helmet bluetooth comms) and works with most GMRS frequencies. I've only installed it in my car for a trip to New Mexico. $600 shipped Feel free to text message me. 940threesixseven5836 Read more on it...
  2. Textanker

Gear For Sale SOLD - BMW Navigator V (Garmin) with cable, mount, case - $450 obo

Works great, holds charge very well. Has some wear marks on corners, screen has no big scratches. Comes with Case, Mount, Cable. Cable and mount kits cost $130 alone new. You pay shipping. Prefer Paypal or Zelle.
  3. Textanker

Moved to Classified

I'm an idiot. Moved.
  4. Tracker

Garmin hit with ransomware

https://www.zdnet.com/article/garmin-services-and-production-go-down-after-ransomware-attack/
  5. Tourmeister

Northern Arkansas and Southern Missouri - Based in Harrison, Ar.

Here are the track files from our ride Memorial Day weekend 2019. I was riding two up on my 2017 R1200 GS Rallye. We had a KTM 1290 Super Adv, KTM 1090 Adventure, and one rider with a KTM 1190 Adventure and KTM 690 Enduro (he rode one each day). These routes are a nice mix of street and dirt...
  6. D

Help with BMW GPS Navigator Adventure

I bought the GPS Navigator Adventure and the manual does not say how or where to put GPX files on it. I have figured out how to create the files now, but does anyone know: 1. What folder to put the files in on the GPS unit 2. What choice on the screen I go to (Waypoints, Where to, or other)...
  7. D

Software for creating a route that can load onto GPS

I want to create a route somewhere and then download it as a GPX so that I can load it onto my GPS. Anyone have an idea of the best one? When I took the RawHyde course in California, they showed an example, and the only thing I did not like about it was that you needed to click a whole bunch...
  8. crchristo

Big Bend National Park - Overlay & GPS Tracks

This might come in handy for some of you. I've been looking for a comprehensive set of GPS tracks covering all the legal roads in BBNP and have not been able to find one. I've also been looking for an official Geo-refererenced PDF map like many other national parks have, but; no luck. So, I...
  9. P

Handle bar mount kills a cell phone ( Any Stories)

So I just came back from one day of the Hill country 500, all my pictures were really ugly (Well except for the ones at the rider's meeting) Seems my phone ( Moto G4+) can't focus. Funny thing, this is the second one that has died in this special way. The rest of the phone works fine, but...
  10. VintageGW's

SOLD Garmin Montana 600T & accessories (Still in Box) $449

SOLD Big, Tough Camo-patterned GPS with Preloaded TOPO Maps Purchased last fall for multiple trips planned that didn't happen. I charged the battery, installed the City Navigator maps, installed the micro SD, and put everything back in the respective boxes. List price for everything is $677. See...
  11. cdc

My first Motorcycle GPS - 11 years ago!

Just found this picture here under the Community tab (?). This is a Magellan that I mounted on a Suzuki Sv650 on a Ram support and hard wired the fused cable the the battery. I still have it, it has a 10 meg hard drive and it worked flawlessly for a long time until I sold the bike. I think the...
  12. mikes old virago

FS- SPEEDOMETERS-aftermarket -2

These have never been installed. Got them with a damaged bike . Bot h are SPEEDHUT panel mount - 2 3/8 dia face- 2" cutout 1. is Hall Effect pick-up and adjustable for frequency like a bicycle speedo- 160mph scale. 2. is GPS pick-up, with the antenna mounted somewhere on the bike in sky-view...
  13. Grinch

FS/FT: BMW Nav IV (Garmin 660)- Round Rock

Selling my BMW Nav IV. This model is the same as the Garmin 660, just with some BMW software. I recently sold my GSA and kept the unit. As it turns out, I purchased a new bike that has a built in GPS, so I no longer need this one. Includes the box and all instructions, lifetime maps, BMW cradle...
  14. charrito

FS DFW Spot Gen II $50

Any interest?
  15. Meriden

Lightsquared good or bad?

In recent email from the outside (non-motorcycling) world, BoatUS sent out a call to action regarding a proposed FCC rule change that would allow use of frequencies near those used by GPS. Below is a copy of the BoatUS press release. GPS Signal in Jeopardy A recent FCC decision to allow...
  16. Corvettekid

iPod Touch/Iphone with TomTom App - Anyone Using?

I've been contemplating buying the TomTom application (http://iphone.tomtom.com/ ) for use with my iPod Touch (2nd Gen). I know that you also need the Adapter Kit (includes an external GPS receiver and antenna). The TomTom application (for the USA maps) is available in the Application Store for...
  17. F

Power for GPS?

I have a Garmin GPS that I would like to mount to my 2008 Bandit 1250s. The GPS power cable has a fuse built in. I would like to hardwire it so that it only has power when I turn the key on. I previously had it on my Honda VTX and I connected power to an available auxillary in the headlight...
  18. Wes

Product Review: TomTom GPS on the iPhone

Well I received my iphone in December and have used the TomTom GPS on my iphone since January as a replacement for my TomTom one and TomTom Rider. Other than a few 160 mile day rides and commuting I have taken it to Big Bend from El Paso once and made a few trips on I-10 to San Antonio...
Back