• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

mexico

1. Mextrekadv

Mex Trek 16 Oct 2022 Ride Report

Typing this from a warm, comfortable bed in Houston is a good feeling. Riders, post your favorite pictures and videos and stories here!
  2. Baron Samedi

Mexico in 2022?

Does anybody know if there is another Copper Canyon/Mexico trip planned for 2022? I'm in Houston and would love to join anybody and/or group considering this.. Thanks.
  3. kayakkawakid

El Chupadero "Beto's Offroad Ranch" Coahuila Mexico Oct 2021 Ride

Hi fellow TWT riders... Just posting about our little trip to northern Mexico Oct 21-25. We had an awesome time, great scenery, good friends, a true adventure. We were hosted by Beto's Offroad Ranch http://www.ranchomx.com aka "El Chupadero del Caballo"... (the internationally famous hunting/...
  4. Trail Boss

The Rundown - Redux

Three friends - Bob, Garth, and Rich - spent a week riding adventure bikes in the mountains of northeastern Mexico. I have created a video ride report of our journeys. I hope you enjoy it. Episode 1 - riding to Galeana Episode 2 - riding to Tula, Garth goes down. Episode 3 - fighting mud...
  5. crchristo

Coahuila 1000

Has anyone done this? Is anyone thinking about doing it either this year or next? I just heard about it and it looks like it might be a fun thing for this slow old(er) guy to try. I can't figure out how I would support myself, logistically though.
  6. crchristo

Interested in a no pavement Mexico trip?

I've set my mind on riding in Mexico this year, and plan on doing the ride to Galeana in October. The more I thought about it, the less I wanted to wait that long, Unfortunately, I can't do the planned ride to Jalpan in April. So, I started reading reports both here and other places. Among...
  7. copb8

Planning and Prep Tips for the next big DS Ride

I'd like to start this general discussion about anything to do with planning and prepping for an extended Dual Sport (DS) ride. I'm planning on participating in the April Mexico ride (http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106215) and have A LOT to learn! This thread can be a place for...
  8. andyc740

Union Bike Fest - Chihuahua, Chih, Mexico

First part of October I went to see my neck doctor for my three-month checkup after my summer neck operation. He saw my riding jacket and asked what it was. "That's my riding jacket." "You've been riding again?" "Yes. I rode down here." "Have you been on any long rides lately...like San...
  9. jonathonm

Parque Nacional Cumbres de Monterrey

I am currently looking at the possibility of a trip to the Parque Nacional Cumbres de Monterrey area. Has any been on a ride down that way or in Mexico in general? I know it can be dangerous and that I will require additional insurance on my bike but it looks like a spectacular area.
  10. andyc740

Stretching Our Legs - Bike Rally, San Luis Potosi, Mexico

Though I've ridden to a number of bike rallies in Mexico over the past few years, I wanted to make one where members of CMA Mexico would also be able to attend. Most of them live in central areas of Mexico. The rallies we've been attending in northern Mexico are out of their range. The...
  11. andyc740

Quick ride to Santiago, Mexico but, WOW!

It was bound to happen, pulled over by the Federales on the autopista between Reynosa and Monterrey. Ostensibly, I was speeding (140 kph in a 110 zone, according to them), but they were mostly fishing for a payoff. Four police cars and several cops standing alongside the road with radar guns...
  12. andyc740

Coughs, Coconuts and Coffee in Huatusco, Veracruz, Mexico

Bato wasn't looking well when he showed up Sunday evening at the hotel in McAllen, the night before leaving for Mexico. He was feverish and coughing but was determined to go along when I left for Huatusco Monday morning. He did decide he had too much gear along and left his top trunk and...
  13. andyc740

Staying Awake - the Moto Hokey Pokey

A sign on the wall of my favorite burger joint in the Valley reads, “I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.” During my rides, I often get sleepy in the afternoons going down the highway. Not wanting to wake up plowing...
  14. andyc740

Waltzing through the Sierra Gorda - another Mexico ride!

I'd been eyeing maps of the mountains between Cd. Victoria and Tamazunchale since my first couple of trips to Mexico, an area containing the northern part of the Sierra Gorda mountains. Dale and I decided on a ride towards the end of September, hoping the weather would be a bit cooler and the...
  15. andyc740

A Ton of Miles in Mexico - Jan 2012

Dark-thirty Friday morning at the McAllen hotel. It was time. I’d lain awake long enough. I dressed in the dark trying not to wake my wife (she was there on business, I wasn’t), gathered my luggage and went downstairs to the waiting bike parked at the hotel entrance. Several months ago...
  16. andyc740

Northern Mexico - the Lost Links

I started making motorcycle trips to Mexico in 2007. The first two are posted here on TWT, but my initial ride reports were posted to TriumphRAT.net. Given the interest shown in the ride reports, I'll post the links for those reports here, along with a summary and few teaser pictures, letting...
  17. andyc740

Motohermandad 2011, Tampico, Tat-tat-tat-Tamaulipas

Motohermandad weekend was upon us again. We had been to the bike rally in Tampico the past two years and wanted to make it three in a row. We had all heard the continuing scare stories coming out of Mexico, but just kept telling ourselves everything would be OK, don't worry. I had slapped a...
  18. andyc740

Tough Trip to Paradise - Huatusco, Mexico

Christmas and New Year’s finally over, I needed a road trip to blow the carbon out of my system. The past two years, I’ve made winter trips to Huatusco to visit Manolo and Hortensia, the president of CMA-Mexico, his wife and family. The first trip was on the bike. Last year, I cheated and took...
  19. andyc740

Rutas en el Desierto, Monclova, Mexico Bike Rally

$%^%*$)! Our latest outing to Mexico was off to a horrible start and I hadn’t even left the house. I’d been trying to get Rocinante cranked for half an hour at dark thirty in the morning, something I’m sure the neighborhood didn’t appreciate, and she wasn’t cooperating. Mike the Mechanic told...
  20. andyc740

Riding with Dinosaurs - Saltillo, Mexico

Just back from another Mexico bike rally trip, this one to Saltillo. The trip was a nice ride, except for the getting wet part. We spit on rain!! I'm starting the ride report process and hope to have it going up soon. Dinosaurs does not refer to the people along on the ride, mostly...
Back