• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

cma

1. andyc740

Union Bike Fest - Chihuahua, Chih, Mexico

First part of October I went to see my neck doctor for my three-month checkup after my summer neck operation. He saw my riding jacket and asked what it was. "That's my riding jacket." "You've been riding again?" "Yes. I rode down here." "Have you been on any long rides lately...like San...
  2. andyc740

Texas Mile March 2014 Picture Dump

Spent the weekend at the Texas Mile when it ran in Kingsville. CMA was on hand once again volunteering at the event. Friday and Saturday, entrants were running against a headwind, holding their speeds down. Sunday turned into a rainout, just enough precipitation to prevent participation...
  3. andyc740

Late Starts, Nice Days - Huatusco, Veracruz, Mexico

Late starts; it seemed I couldn’t get things together this year. I finally headed out for my 6th annual winter trip to Huatusco, Veracruz at 8:00 in the morning. Normally, I’m on the road by 6:00, but decided not to hurry. The first day’s ride is pretty straightforward; cut over from Corpus...
  4. andyc740

Stretching Our Legs - Bike Rally, San Luis Potosi, Mexico

Though I've ridden to a number of bike rallies in Mexico over the past few years, I wanted to make one where members of CMA Mexico would also be able to attend. Most of them live in central areas of Mexico. The rallies we've been attending in northern Mexico are out of their range. The...
  5. andyc740

Coughs, Coconuts and Coffee in Huatusco, Veracruz, Mexico

Bato wasn't looking well when he showed up Sunday evening at the hotel in McAllen, the night before leaving for Mexico. He was feverish and coughing but was determined to go along when I left for Huatusco Monday morning. He did decide he had too much gear along and left his top trunk and...
  6. andyc740

Texas Mile, March 2012 - Chills, thrills and spills

Warning: photos of exotic cars and fast motorcycles may cause blurred vision, excessive sweating, shortness of breath and high blood pressure. Proceed at your own risk. I spent last weekend at the Texas Mile, a top-speed, standing mile shootout held twice a year at Chase Field, Beeville. The...
  7. andyc740

A Ton of Miles in Mexico - Jan 2012

Dark-thirty Friday morning at the McAllen hotel. It was time. I’d lain awake long enough. I dressed in the dark trying not to wake my wife (she was there on business, I wasn’t), gathered my luggage and went downstairs to the waiting bike parked at the hotel entrance. Several months ago...
  8. andyc740

Northern Mexico - the Lost Links

I started making motorcycle trips to Mexico in 2007. The first two are posted here on TWT, but my initial ride reports were posted to TriumphRAT.net. Given the interest shown in the ride reports, I'll post the links for those reports here, along with a summary and few teaser pictures, letting...
  9. andyc740

Tough Trip to Paradise - Huatusco, Mexico

Christmas and New Year’s finally over, I needed a road trip to blow the carbon out of my system. The past two years, I’ve made winter trips to Huatusco to visit Manolo and Hortensia, the president of CMA-Mexico, his wife and family. The first trip was on the bike. Last year, I cheated and took...
  10. andyc740

Rutas en el Desierto, Monclova, Mexico Bike Rally

$%^%*$)! Our latest outing to Mexico was off to a horrible start and I hadn’t even left the house. I’d been trying to get Rocinante cranked for half an hour at dark thirty in the morning, something I’m sure the neighborhood didn’t appreciate, and she wasn’t cooperating. Mike the Mechanic told...
  11. andyc740

Fast Times at the Texas Mile!

Friday, Oct 22, 2010, the Texas Mile weekend was finally here again! The CMA has been volunteering at the Texas Mile for the past three years and I always thoroughly enjoy the weekends. It was a nice, cool, 95-mile ride from my house to the Goliad County Airpark, north of Berclair, where the...
  12. andyc740

Motohermandad 2010, Tampico, Mexico

Finally, a ride report for our latest trip to Mexico, the 3rd annual Motohermandad 2010 motorcycle rally over Memorial Day weekend. I haven't finished the write-up, but maybe posting the start will spur me toward the finish. As usual, you can find more pictures on Picasa at...
Back