• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Brazos Valley Off-road Ranch trip?

I so wish I could've gone. Can't wait for next time

Sent from my Moto Z2 using Tapatalk

Great time today at Brazos Valley gents! I can never get enough of the variety of terrain there to ride.
Until next time!!!
~Steve

Glad you had a great time. 3 of us went to Cycleland, had a good ride but it drizzled all day so visibility was a problem at times. @GSTJOHN bailed after the first loop, Randy and I went back out and did another 15 miles, actually found the right trails for the conditions and had a good, fast ride. Dude wrings the heck out of a 125X, I can only hang for a few minutes :). Of course it's not the bike, he'd do the same on his 250. Last few months he's stepped it up. I try just don't have the guts anymore.

I did take one spill, would have been ok but darn bike smacked me in the chest and shoulder, pretty sore this morning with a small hematoma upper shoulder. Imagine that was the handlebar, lol!

125 has stock suspension, even though Randy is a little heavy for it. It has a pipe, silencer, proper jetting. It rips. Amazing how it does even in gnarly hill climbs at Cycleland. It might would struggle if it was dry up there in the deep sandy sections, then again maybe not!!

Here's a tracker of what we rode yesterday. The northern most area with all the ant hills is the 'sand pit' area (red), then along the SE side of the sand pit is the 'creek area' (blue), then the loops to the SW is the 'back 40' area (green).

Subscribed!

I've not been hanging out in this section of the forum lately and I'm bummed to have missed this ride-call. I've ridden this place a handful of times back when the races/ride-days were more regular. Really was/is nothing like it. Way back when the notice came to light that they were going to develop (and bring a road thru), I thought this place was over. Glad to see its not the case. I could easily be down for joining in sometime. I can probably bring my son (and maybe another person or 2).

Cheers,
CJB

C, it’s always good to find another rider that appreciates how special Brazos Valley is!
We‘ve had a small group from Houston riding out there pretty regularly this past year ... great place.
Text me your number and I’ll let you know the next time we’re going.
Steve

Last edited:
Back