• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

CANCELLED!! NADS Ride - Sat 29 Oct 22, KSU 0930hrs IHOP Waxahachie

Reaction score
RIDE DAY (Saturday 29 Oct 22)

If you are going, please post here so I know. If no one replies for the ride, I'll just take off on my own! haha.

NADS = gNarly Adventure Dual Sport Club. Free group for ADV riders in the Waxahachie area.

Start IHOP Waxahachie. Pending good weather. Watch here for a cancellation.
Big Bike Friendly (able to do 70mph and be comfy)
KSU (Kick Stands Up) 0930hrs
Riding to Lake Fork Area (no idea! haha) via back roads.
No plan just a general route idea and let's just tool around and see what we can find.
EVERYONE is welcome!

Attachments

• IHOP Location.png
    IHOP Location.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 80
Last edited:
I was playing on GAIA Maps and just dragging lines around to avoid major highways (mostly) and came up with this for a rough guide route (subject to adjustment and distraction!!). I have no idea about this and that's the fun! haha. About 250 miles of toolin' around on the bike and seeing some of the 3 lakes. Plan to stop somewhere along the way for lunch. T

Attachments

• 20201030 Lake Fork.png
    20201030 Lake Fork.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 78
Interested.... I'll post up at some point on Friday if I'll be able to make it.

Sounds Good Rage! This will be my first ride in Texas since moving from Florida, on a new-to-me bike I'm picking up today with a route I made-up on google maps...what could go wrong! haha. Sounds like a great plan to me! T

I realized I put this in the wrong place! :) Sorry...new to the site and didn't realize there was a general and texas area. I'll post in Tx area in the future! :) T

Well, I bought me an 'ole school', 2005 Vstrom 650 from a nice fellow in Dallas. It's got 3k miles and tons of farkles and I'm working on a few more to suit my riding a bit more. I've had lots of bikes and I think I'll enjoy the Wee. It's very smooth, powerful enough, run 80mph no prob for highways, balanced and upright (reminds me of my old FZ1000 with less power!) seating. It's got the front shock upgraded and doesn't nose dive when I brake and I'll dial in the rear so it'll handle reasonable dual-sport riding. It short enough to be very manageable for a 500lb bike. My Triumph 800XC was WAY WAY more top heavy so that's a positive. Ground clearance will mean smart riding around those larger obstacles but if you are smart you do that anyway! haha. We'll see. I figure I'll love it or sell it and get an Africa Twin later! :)

I've got a Givi AirFlow windshield, peg lowering kit, handle bar risers and a couple of other farkles coming and that should do it for a good, cheap, low mileage dual sport. I think I'll call him Scrub! Who's coming along Sat to break him in!?!? T

Attachments

• 20221026_131534.jpg
    20221026_131534.jpg
    335 KB · Views: 79
I wish I could do this, but since my wreck in 2020, I've put maybe 600 miles on my bike. I really need to get in a parking lot or something and practice the basics before I try 250 miles in a day. Right now I simply don't trust myself on the bike to be safe.

I wish you the best in this adventure and hope you take time to get some pics of the areas while you ride.

I wish I could do this, but since my wreck in 2020, I've put maybe 600 miles on my bike. I really need to get in a parking lot or something and practice the basics before I try 250 miles in a day. Right now I simply don't trust myself on the bike to be safe.

I wish you the best in this adventure and hope you take time to get some pics of the areas while you ride.

Hey Notyou! Well, hopefully you're all healed up! Get that bike out and get going man! :) I'll be sure to post a ride report at the ADVRider page for the group. I have set-up a page on AVDRider for us under the regional forums, Tejas region under NADS. T

Well...with the rain today all day and some rain tomorrow predicted I think I'll wait for a dryer day for a 250 mile ride! :) haha. I'll see if I can set-up another ride next weekend and post a new thread! T

Back