• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Ghost’s Eclipsamania Camp and Gathering! April 5-9!

We did enjoy ourselves. Dody always takes great care of everybody.

We were lucky with the clouds.
Big Dave got some great photos of the big event. I hope he'll post up some.

IMG_20240408_132148159.jpg

L to R: Blue Pupher, son Riley, GhostRider1964, Big Dave, Dannyboy, JT

IMG_20240408_131927927.jpg

This was taken through a welder's helmet (with properly rated glass). Could be the sun on any given day 🙁

I had a fantastic time. Dody is the best. Better food than any restaurant I have been to.
I will try to post up some pics tomorrow. I accidentally removed my tin foil hat on the way home and aliens abducted me. All I remember is a bright light and there was 15 minutes I cannot account for. I am home safe now in Houston after a 2 hour delay of bumper to bumper traffic.

Exactly why i was home today , the drive home yesterday evening was uneventful . Several bugs may not think so , i left my truck outside in the rain today .
Pic looks bad but it was only a 10 min delay for us. 290 west bound was clear. Kerrville looked perfectly normal upon our return.

Danny, glad to hear you made it home. Maybe add a chinstrap to your tin foil hat next time.

Need to hear from the Queen boys, how they did getting home.

Really good to spend time with folks.

Can’t thank Dody enough!

I had a fantastic time. Dody is the best. Better food than any restaurant I have been to.
I will try to post up some pics tomorrow. I accidentally removed my tin foil hat on the way home and aliens abducted me. All I remember is a bright light and there was 15 minutes I cannot account for. I am home safe now in Houston after a 2 hour delay of bumper to bumper traffic.
Yeah, I was going to wait till around 5 to leave, but google maps kept saying just above normal traffic, so we left just before 3.
Got home at 7:30.
When we got to Regan on Hwy 6, our estimated time home started climbing, and had no delays up to this point.
2-3 mile backup getting into Calvert, about a 4 mile backup into Hunt, bumper to bumper from before Bryan all the way though College Station, and another 3 mile backup in Hempstead and 6 and 290.
But was glad I got to witness it. Katy was rained out, so would have seen nothing if I had stayed home.
Just an amazing thing to watch it happen, and be there in the moment was cool.

It was nice meeting you all, and thanks again Dody for having us out there to be able to experience this event.
My son and I had a good time out there.

I just got all my pics downloaded onto my computer, and none are anywhere near noteworthy, many blurry images, and few tiny images of the beginning and ending, but nothing spectacular.

I missed being there for the main event. Thanks Dody for getting folks together.

Back