• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

AUSTIN: [GONE] FREE TO GOOD HOME: Track-prepped SuperHawk

Jeff S

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
... AKA the Super Chicken!

First, a little history:
1. I did one trackday on a mostly inappropriate bike, and just loved it. I knew I needed more, but didn't know how committed I'd be to this endeavor. After poking around a little, @humanrace made an offer I literally could not refuse...
2. With a bit of work (rebuilt carbs, rebuild front brake master cylinder, professionally rebuild Ohlins rear shock, some bodywork, new tires, new clipons, new battery, etc), we got the SuperChicken track-ready it did two sessions at Cresson. And it was SO fun!
3. I was hooked, so bought a new track bike and the SuperChicken has lost the attention she deserves.

In the meantime, the SuperChicken fell back into a state of neglect. The tank rusted thru, so @sodapop had it cleaned and re-welded. And that's where it sits today....

So, on offer is a 2005 Honda SuperHawk. What you get:
  1. 2005 Honda SuperHawk that as far as I can tell has never had a title or been on the road. I have no title; it's a no paperwork kinda deal here. 7k-ish miles.
  2. When running, it sounded amazing, pulled hard. That big torquey V twin has a lot of life left in it.
  3. Ohlins rear shock, fully rebuild by Roger
  4. RaceTech in the front - I think just the internals, but unclear exactly what's up there
  5. SharkSkinz (I think) full bodywork. Light and easy on/off. Pre-blimished :)
  6. Scotts steering stabilizer
  7. Jardine exhaust
  8. Giles rearsets - the right one needs some attention, but works
  9. Pirelli Diablo Rosso III with 2 novice sessions on them
  10. Headlight is disabled, turn signals and brake light removed (and included)
  11. Small box of parts
And the work you'll have in front of you:
  1. Forks need work. The bike had been crashed and I suspect at least one fork leg is bent. Roger from On-road / Off-road looked it over, but could not say more without tearing them down. It's totally rideable like it is, but to perform well on the track will take some effort or dollars, or both.
  2. Tank is re-welded, but will need paint. Petcock and inline filters will need attention (it's not hooked up at the moment)
  3. The one key we have for it was broken in the tank-repair process. Probably something a locksmith could fix? Or go keyless?
  4. The belly-pan makes contact with the headers and the rear right

So, that's it. It's in Central Austin, and I'll put it up here for a couple weeks - let's say by March 18th. Post your "offers" below and I'll pick the next beneficiary. "Offers" should include as many of these as possible:
  1. No money - this bike is free, and needs to remain free. You won't re-sell it, you'll PIF when done.
  2. Desire to get her back on the track. Don't part it out (if that can be avoided).
  3. Used to get newbies riding - either new to the track like I was, or maybe new to bikes in general.
  4. Used to get newbies wrenching.
  5. Come and Take it. No rides (tank isn't installed). Bring a trailer and off you go!

Last edited:
If only I were younger! I had one of these years ago, great bike, put a ton of miles on it, lot's of good memories. I have probably posted this before but here is a photo of the one I had:
right.jpg

GLW uhhh Giveaway

My buddy and I may be on board. He's at work but I'll ask and let you know. We've talked about splitting a track bike forever, but we'll see if we're willing to actually pull the trigger. Your questions:
  1. Cool with that
  2. Have wanted to try track days for a while
  3. Would be shared between me and my buddy Gamble. I've been riding for almost 20 years, Gamble for about 10, for fair disclosure of "newbness"
  4. We're not newbies but are at track prep
  5. Also in Central Austin, having grabbed a fridge from you once :D

Last edited:
I would love to take it. Would make a great project for my dad and I and to get me ok track if no one takes it

Last edited:
OK we're officially out, since we both have one-car garages and too much stuff in 'em already. Awesome give!

Joel - sorry to hear that won't work out for y'all! This bike has lived outside for most of the last decade, but I get it if y'all are space-constrained.

@shirazk : that puts you in the lead!

I'm in Waco and could probably come pick it up Sunday if it doesn't work out for shirazk.

No money, no selling. I'm not so much a novice rider, but definitely never been on a track, and would like to join some of my friends on track days at Cresson. I have done basic repairs, parts changing, service, etc, but this would be a fun project to really tear into. I don't have a trailer, but I have a 600 lb hitch hauler!

Located in Austin Texas here, I could come get it any day/time that works for you.
I would not sell it, only put money into it to improve it and would document all work and modifications.
I’m an aspiring track rider, just booked my first track day at Cresson with Ridesmart and have been wanting to get a dedicated track bike!
I love wrenching, and would love to start making content, get the bike in tip top shape and just gain more experience in general. Almost all of my experience is on single cylinder bikes and my brother’s sv650, so a sport bike would be a great new adventure.
I also have garage space so it would be safe from the elements

Last edited:
I love the interest and discussion here! I'm not in a big rush to move this along, and it's a special bike for me, so I'd rather find the "right" next owner than the "easiest" next owner. So, in my mind, all y'all are still in the running! @SumoBoi seems to be in the lead, maybe we can meeting and learn more about this new fella around here ;)

Back