• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

GSX-S1000-GT

That's impressive stuff right there. I think every design can be improved on and you did just that. I hate to think how much time and money you have in it but that's just part of the deal. If you're up Arkansas way again, give a shout. I'd love to check out that bike.

That's impressive stuff right there. I think every design can be improved on and you did just that. I hate to think how much time and money you have in it but that's just part of the deal. If you're up Arkansas way again, give a shout. I'd love to check out that bike.
I ride Arkansas twice a year usually. My wife , and friend talked me into an adventure bike in 2020 . I sold RJ , and regret it .
Time was not an issue as it was a hobby , and fun . Cost about 24,xxx over 5 years including bike purchase new . I saw Lee by the Peal ferry this year on his GT1000.

No regret in building the bike , but wont do that rabbit hole again . It has been nice to rack up 29,4xx miles in 2 years on the Tiger1200XCX just do tires / oil / fork seals .
Next year I intend to buy a BMW R1250RS . Close to the busa in style and torque , but has a center stand / shaft drive / single sided swing arm .
The Tiger has spoiled me with tire changes with its single side arm .

I'm going to have to do some mods on this bike to get it comfortable. I have a pair of risers but existing cables are going to make it difficult to use and keep the turning radius. I'm considering cutting an inch off each end, this would give me some needed slack for the control cables and brake line.

I'm going to have to do some mods on this bike to get it comfortable. I have a pair of risers but existing cables are going to make it difficult to use and keep the turning radius. I'm considering cutting an inch off each end, this would give me some needed slack for the control cables and brake line.
Any updates or thoughts on the bike after almost a year of ownership?

Back