• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hard Dual Sport Rider Breakfast Series - Sat I January 13th 2024 @ 9a @ Henry's in Lockhart then Spoaks riding

Reaction score
First Name
Sander
***DATE CHANGE: Saturday, January 13th

1673902974259.png

Just as the other Hard Dual Sport Breakfast Series rides, this a loose get-together for the hard dual sport community to get out and ride, enjoy camaraderie, exploration, growth, and being safe; in addition to developing and renewing friendships so no one rides alone.

"Share the Joy of Motorcycling"
Eat

Breakfast 9a in Lockhart
Henry's Restaurant 215 S Commerce St, Lockhart, TX 78644 @ 9a, prior to riding at Spoaks for the day.

Screenshot 2024-04-11 195320.png

Then maybe some Bar-B-Que after the ride?

Riding

Spoaks MotoPark
www.facebook.com/spoaksmotopark/
1673907278711.png

1930 Barth Rd., Lockhart, TX, United States, Texas
(512) 627-4469

Last edited:
On my calendar. I agree about the rain - that clay mud is nasty stuff.

Wish I could join but I already have plans for that weekend. Spoaks is a great spot, I love that loop out there.

I’m in and probably one more too see you guys out there

I’m more concerned with rain on Friday making the trails muddy like glue as we had last year. But I’m planning to be there

Agreed that was TERRIBLE, I don't want to do that again! However that time it was misty rain during the ride. Hopefully the forecast is accurate or improves.
  • Friday - A little rain in the morning; otherwise, cloudy, Precipitation 0.02 in
  • Saturday - More sun than clouds

If need be we could move the ride to Sunday. I'll continue to watch to weather.

My yard (I'm 90 miles SW of Lockhart) is still very wet from the rain on Tuesday, so I imagine they got more rain than I did, plus with the chance for more, the black clay probably needs a chance to dry out.

So I'm moving the ride back a week, to Saturday, January 13th. The forecast is cool, but I would rather but cool than caked in mud.

I am at our property north of Kerrville and it’s insanely wet, muddy, yucky up here as well. It’ll need a solid week or more for it to dry out up here and it’s mostly rock. Hmmm, I might be able to make that date now.

I’m camped at Zars Ranch in Floresville and the dirt is perfect today. There must not have been that much rain here on Tuesday. No mud to speak of and just enough moisture to keep it from being too dusty.

So will this only be riding at Spoaks or will there be some dual sport on gravel/dirt roads in the area or to and from breakfast/lunch?

orange antique loaded, somewhat ready...

Back