• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Honda PCX

Since I sold the Trail 125, the PCX has become my daily rider. It's more practical than the Trail and offers conveniences that the Trail didn't. Admittedly, my commute is very short but I ride the PCX in any weather.

My 22 adv is a 157 cu in and my 21
PCx is the same engine. So says the spec label on the frame. PCX runs better and seems lighter but adv fits me better
Love both of them to death!!

My wife just picked up a '21 PCX, and loves it. I have to say too, it is by far the best looking scooter around. That thing is sleek, and looking at it at certain angles, you'd think you were lookin at a sports bike, not a scooter. Love that smooth acceleration too that only comes from a scooter.

Attachments

• PXL_20221122_214630073.jpg
    PXL_20221122_214630073.jpg
    366.4 KB · Views: 98
It's 23 miles from Honda of Houston to my home. I gassed up right before I hopped on 290. I rode a sustained 60-62 mph with some head wind for 17 miles. Computer indicated a 68.5 mpg. I thought that was pretty good. Gas mileage calculated at the pump was 88 mpg but I did overfill a bit so it's closer to the 91-92 I usually get. We often ride it 2 up and I commute on it (along with my Super Cub).

Crazy low numbers compared to the Trail.

290 is a freeway and he's running at 60+mph though. Even still ~90mpg isn't crazy low compared to real world Trail numbers.

If you would trust/risk your life riding 50-55mph on the freeway you are braver than most.

PCX 150 here. Taking BW8 from west Houston to Laporte I got 64mpg running 55-65 mph two weekends ago. That’s really not too much better than my CB500X. This past weekend I got similar, though I didn’t start with a full tank but the top off when I got there seems to indicate about the same. Just tiddling around on our ride at 35-45 mph I was at 99.xx mpg . I suspect the sweet spot, and intended speed for these small CC bikes is no more than 45 mph and the fuelly reports are just that.

290 is a freeway and he's running at 60+mph though. Even still ~90mpg isn't crazy low compared to real world Trail numbers.

If you would trust/risk your life riding 50-55mph on the freeway you are braver than most.

Real world Trail numbers are consistently well over 100 mpg so yes it is low in comparison, some 10%+ lower at a minimum. I haven't seen reports of a PCX getting 115-120+ mpg even at surface street speeds which is what I would expect given it's design and purpose. It appears that the larger 157cc engine isn't as efficient as one would think. I am not bashing the scoot, just a passing thought on an observation.

PCX 150 here. Taking BW8 from west Houston to Laporte I got 64mpg running 55-65 mph two weekends ago. That’s really not too much better than my CB500X.
I consider that a small scooter crime. Bigger scoots you expect lower mileage. Then again, 150cc is considered huge looking at all the 50cc scoots worldwide.

One fail of the last 25 years is that all bikes got bigger and faster but we could not wring 200 mpg out of a small scoot. I get about a 100 mpg out of my 75 Ct90 tiddling around town.

Seems all the tech has gone into getting better efficiency out of the big engines and the small ones have been left out.

...One fail of the last 25 years is that all bikes got bigger and faster but we could not wring 200 mpg out of a small scoot. I get about a 100 mpg out of my 75 Ct90 tiddling around town.

I'm sure they could but it's not a design target so they don't. They push acceleration and increased speed instead which lowers mpg. Looks like the Trail can get 125mpg tiddling so that's not bad for a much powerful bike than your CT90. My Yamaha 125 gets a solid 100mpg cruising 55-60mph all day riding 2up. And that is 25 year old tech also. I'm sure I could get 125mpg on it tiddling if I ever tried but it only gets used for adventure travel for distance at near WOT so I'll never know.

Wife and I went North of Downtown for dinner. We took the PCX on 59 then through Midtown and Houston Street to Washington. Repeat on the way back. We were able to get up to 65 mph on 59 before exiting on Kirby. I'm sure we surprised a few cars. Lol

We decided to venture into Rice Village for breakfast this morning. We took the PCX and because it's Sunday, you can pretty much park wherever you want. Kidding! You can park wherever you want on a PCX anyway.

Cool little place. Because we are early birds, we had the patio all to ourselves. They had a (new to me) brioche cube. The custard in it was incredible! I'd definitely want to go back.

FqeVbUGWAAAE8mD?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

FqeVbUDXoAEgE1e?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

FqeVbUGWAAIaANx?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

We have had a PCX in our home for the past 10 years. We've bought each version of it since 2013. We now have a 2021 PCX we bought in March 2022. It's got about 2,000 miles on it. I average 150 miles a month for about $5 of gas. You can't beat that. 150 miles in the city is actually a lot. It's become our (my?) go-to vehicle especially since we live inside the Loop in Houston. You can park anywhere. You can carry pretty much anything and definitely more than most bikes I've owned. It's comfortable two-up and it's fast enough two-up as well. The PCX does it all including highways. Yes I take the highway (with my wife on the back) here in Houston. We just did this morning to go have breakfast. The weather has been amazing and we taking full advantage of it.

Fxsz2mkWAAIjV6k?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

Fxsz2mjWYAIKuDV?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

Fxsz2mjX0AEqH_K?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

Fxs1_vcWcAEArHF?format=jpg&name=large.jpg

My wife has the exact same; white, 2021 PCX160 and she loves it (and so do I). The thing rides like a dream and is so very light! Since you're so close, you should come join us sometime on one of our Sunday scooter rides.

I'll do my best. You guys meet about 25 miles away from me. That's already 50 miles before the ride has started...

Yeah ! what Rydah said, I live by 610 & South Post Oak. Probably not too far from you

I gassed up the PCX for $4.65 which gave me an average of about 34 miles per dollar. That's an incredible value. Now gas is very cheap right now but still. I think the last I gassed up was a couple of months ago anyway. We've had the PCX for about 2 years now and it's still our go to bike for whatever errand we run around town. It's also my daily commuter. Rain or shine.

Back