• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Interesting

Technically you can take your chances.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240425_193143_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20240425_193143_Google.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 12
Technically you can take your chances.
I had a DPS officer tell me he would only write for 6+ mph over the posted limit. Of course, this happened as he was writing me a ticket. I was easily 20+ over but he only wrote me for 10 over. That was back in the late ‘80s before I figured out it was just cheaper to keep it closer to the limit.

It's been 20 or 30 years ago, I had a good friend that was DPS guy. Back then you could sign your life away nd do a ride along. I went 3 x's. Very interesting. But anyway in all the stops he did I never figures him out! lol. He'd let folks go with no ticket, warning or ticket. i never figured a pattern out!! I know guys complain about cops speeding when not on a call, obviously they do. We were headed to Madisonville to eat, cruising pretty hood, we met a Mercedes going the other way about 95 mph. He just hit overhead lights to warn the guy, he said I can't ticket him while I'm doing the same!!!! Scariest moment with him was a quick car chase and getting a Mustang GT a kittle airborne! wow.

Back