• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Maine sunset

Reaction score
Thoughts?

Attachments

• DSC_0147.jpg
    DSC_0147.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 302
Nice. It may be my monitor but beside from blue there isn't much color going on, not the normal red/orange/yellow of sunsets.

Are you using a tripod?

Having grown up on the west coast I've seen a bazillion sunsets over the ocean so it's kinda weird to see one with trees. I think I understand what you were trying to get a shot of. It appears the sun hasn't completely set.

Also, and it might be that it's been reduced in size along with my monitor but it does seem somewhat grainy like you used a higher ISO. What do I know...

I don't know anything about photography, but I do have thoughts about your piece. It's peaceful, though moody. Pensive and a little melancholy, as though the sky knows summer is fading and regrets its leaving.

Relaxing. Try this - Using your photo software of choice, raise the contrast and brightness a couple of clicks. Then, raise the color saturation. That will tend to separate the layers and give it a more 3-D feel of trees-clouds-sky.

Back