• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Recommendation for company doing UK tours

vtwin

Reaction score
I'm looking for recommendations for a tour company that does tours of the UK for probably 4-5 folks either this year or next.
Looking for approx 10 day tour of England, Scotland, Wales and possibly Ireland.
Either guided, or self guided including GPS routes. Would prefer guided....
Looking for tour to include bike rental, hotel reservations, recommendations for lunch stops and information on places of interest.

I've been looking at Magellan tours and they look interesting.
Just wondering if anyone has experience with them or other recommendations.
Thanks!

10 days to see England, scotland, wales and Ireland means an awful lot of driving and not much seeing!! You can easily spend 10 days just seeing Scotland and northern England!! You might want to rethink your time scales, unless you only want to be driving for those 10 days..

Bear in mind traffic is SLOOOOOOW you get on an M road you're still lucky to do 50. I did a loop there a month ago . 340 ish miles and 7 hours driving. Which is just the current google number, it took 2 hours to get out of London. Never mind I wanted to punch the GPS after the bazillionth "at he next round about take the 1/2/3/4 th exit"

There are so many things to see and do, plan on a slow trip unless you are going by train.

That said I can't wait to get a bike over there.

I hid a Kawi ZZR1200 then a Tiger 800 in California, while hiding a K1200RS in MIssoula MT, and ultimately an XR650R. And of course keeping the GSA and wife's R1200R in Boulder CO. It worked out quite well. Then the rapture happened and we were left behind I'm pretty sure.

Back