• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Ride Report: Koffee Kup Pie Run 01/27/2024

20240127_104510.jpg

Bad habit #1- Opening the automatic shop door part way before beginning bike preps.
Bad habit #2- Hitting the close button on the shop door while paddling the bike out backwards.

I missed Hico today because I broke my mirror mount before takeoff.

broken mount.jpg

wry face.jpg

It was a day to don long John’s, extra layers and a heated vest for the trip up Hwy 281. Got there early to have breakfast (Rod’s excellent suggestion) and was inside eating when everyone was outside visiting. Hung around a little while afterward then caught a very nice tailwind back to Austin. I’ve been skipping the 183 toll road lately due to extension construction in favor of Ronal Reagan Blvd. I made 28 of the 36 stop lights getting home. Yay. 275 miles today. It was great to see everyone and a nice turnout too.

Left home 6 am stopped in Brenham for breakfast, got fuel in Temple sure was windy . Took pictures of courthouse in Gatesville arrived Hico 10:30 . After lunch headed to courthouse in Waco . Downtown Waco was crowded lot of people. Got pictures headed back home . Great day visiting with folks . Made it home 4:30 474 miles .

Attachments

• IMG_0292.jpeg
    IMG_0292.jpeg
    384.9 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0296.jpeg
    IMG_0296.jpeg
    399.7 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_2624.jpeg
    IMG_2624.jpeg
    506.2 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_2626.jpeg
    IMG_2626.jpeg
    558.5 KB · Views: 40
Headed out early on a cool and damp roads to meet Jeff and Leon in Cleburne

i-hdGwzMj-L.jpg

i-zq7vBJp-L.jpg

Leon had a nice route planned to get us to the Koffee Kup. We arrived pretty early to only a couple other bikes. That would change as we hung out and others arrived.

i-VP47WJr-L.jpg

i-zknkMgw-L.jpg

The peanut butter meringue pie was yummy.

i-mrkDdbx-L.jpg

After lunch we visited with other people before heading out following Leon on some more nice roads. I have by ridden by the lighthouse on FM2481 but had never stopped at it. Today would be the day.

i-2GCgWz2-L.jpg

A few minutes later we are at this cool old swinging bridge.

i-b8fF4vG-L.jpg

i-3L8xV3Q-L.jpg

We had more stop to make at the smallest State Park in Texas, which is the monument for Elizabeth Crockett, Davy Crockett's wife.

i-p32b7KW-L.jpg

i-Kb7f7Sh-L.jpg

A short time later, Leon headed towards home and Jeff and I headed towards DFW. It was a great 200 mile ride and visit with old friends.

Last edited:
Im counting mabe 15 folks so far.....

Well....at least its a start for 2024
..& I'll hafta be driving for this one....
I moved from Texas four years ago and I really miss the pie runs. The peanut butter pie at the Koffee Kup is my favorite.
Mike White

Back