• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Sandblasting

Rydah

Who's ready to ride some dirt?!
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Anybody know of a sandblaster in the Houston area (preferably more towards the East side of town)? Need a frame done.

Great offer by @Randyjaco, but I should have worded my request differently. I'm looking for a sandblasting service; someone who can sandblast a frame for me. Seems like it's a dying profession.

@Rydah, try industrial coaters. In your area, there’s got to be several of them with all the refineries around there. They are mostly independent shops so probably won’t need a business account. I don‘t have any recommendations for your side of town, but I deal with one in my professional life in NW Houston, Cypress area.

Thanks! Yeah, lot's of them over here, but as you said, they are all big outfits that service the plants. I'll check anyway; maybe find one that does it on the side also.

Bike frame?
How big?
One piece or frame broken down?
Inquiring minds...

I recall there is a small-business powder coater in Galveston county that someone has used. It is typical for an outfit that does coating to also do sandblasting.
You could try searching for powder coaters in the area.

I recall there is a small-business powder coater in Galveston county that someone has used. It is typical for an outfit that does coating to also do sandblasting.
You could try searching for powder coaters in the area.
limited experience in the area, but the powder coater I used had a blaster they worked with frequently and even arranged dropoff from the blaster to the coater for me.

There's a place off Wurzbach Parkway here near the Wetmore bridge that does great work and is real close for me.
They do sand and soda blasting and powdercoating.

Great offer by @Randyjaco, but I should have worded my request differently. I'm looking for a sandblasting service; someone who can sandblast a frame for me. Seems like it's a dying profession.
I sure hope its not as we are the largest supplier of sandblast materials in the nation
I can check with some of my Houston salesguys and see what shops they suggest using, we do it as a service in our Dallas job shop but not in Houston

Reactions: JMZ
So I found an auto-collision shop nearby that will do it for me. The lady was even nice enough to suggest I wait until they have more stuff to do so they can just throw it in with the rest, and so cost me less. Fingers crossed 🤞. Thanks for all the replies and suggestions!

The numerous suggestions of checking with powdercoater's are spot on. Lots of b;asting of all kinds going on out there. Great to see the plan coming together.

Back