• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

RIDE TO EAT: Slacker 3/8 CANCELLED Friday-Mel’s in Mingus

The weatherman was forecasting ugly weather in the morning. It will be a game day call. If it’s dry in the morning, then yes. Backup plan will be to meet you in Mingus.

Edit: The forecast has improved somewhat. Good news. I’ll let you know for sure in the morning.

Well... Stephen is out of the Slacker runs for the imediate future. Previous Thursday evening, I had a low speed crash rolling into the parking lot of the Dollar store in Leakey TX. (The same place David Frankenfield of BMWDFW spun out on one of our last Leakey TX trips) Got my foot caught up in the bike and broke my ankle. Elevated and iced it that night and rode home the next day. HEB Bedford ER unit X-rayed, confirmed a fracture, and stabilized with a boot. Got in Monday to the Ortho doc. No screws, pins, or surgery at this time. Started with a cast & splint, to follow up in 2 weeks. Check to see if the ankle is healing and go on from there.

Sorry folks, watch out for the smooth, slick (pollen?) concrete parking lot at the Dollar store next to the Valero in Leakey.
Stephen

Crash 1.jpg

Crash 2.png

Crash 3.jpg

Well... Stephen is out of the Slacker runs for the imediate future. Previous Thursday evening, I had a low speed crash rolling into the parking lot of the Dollar store in Leakey TX. (The same place David Frankenfield of BMWDFW spun out on one of our last Leakey TX trips) Got my foot caught up in the bike and broke my ankle. Elevated and iced it that night and rode home the next day. HEB Bedford ER unit X-rayed, confirmed a fracture, and stabilized with a boot. Got in Monday to the Ortho doc. No screws, pins, or surgery at this time. Started with a cast & splint, to follow up in 2 weeks. Check to see if the ankle is healing and go on from there.

Sorry folks, watch out for the smooth, slick (pollen?) concrete parking lot at the Dollar store next to the Valero in Leakey.
Stephen

View attachment 377505

View attachment 377506

View attachment 377507

Smooth & slik nota good combo for sure. Whether its a parkin lot or a low water crossing. Ouch

Back