• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The Undeniable Power of Prayer...

Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Last Name
Oxley
A very dear friend of mine, Sharon, was admitted to the hospital here in San Marcos on Wednesday Nov. 9th. She had been experiencing lack of energy and shortness of breath. They discovered numerous blood clots throughout her body and a huge "Saddle Clot" between her lungs. Immediately she was put on blood thinners. They also found a tumor on one of her lungs. The following day a procedure was performed to "blast " the Saddle Clott into smaller more manageable pieces.
On the 9th at the request of another friend of Sharon's I started a Prayer Chain. I reached out to God's Prayer Warriors, people I knew in my heart that would unite in that Prayer Spirit and energy needed for Sharon's healing process, an energy that would guide the hearts, minds and hands of her medical care givers.
And you know what? Immediately I could "feel" that energy in ways that I had not experienced before and God's presence. It was tangible, it was real and something I could reach out and touch. It was and still is an amazing feeling. Prayer energy heals by and through the Grace of God.
I am a volunteer facilitator in the Prison Ministry Program Bridges to Life and serve by and through the Grace of God at the Pre-Release Prison in Kyle, Tx.
At our bridges to Life meetings, we first meet in one large group and then break up into small 8 to 10 person groups. We sit in a circle. Within that circle we are united physically and spiritually. You can make that circle as big or as small as you want. A circle, to me, has no beginning and no end. It is unbroken.
When we are united in the Spirit of Christ, we remain unbroken, just like a circle. United through His Grace and Love. Through His promise of Salvation for each one of us. A gift, that like a circle, remains unbroken. Thank you, Lord, for the greatest gift You could ever have blessed us with and for Your Healing Power through Prayer. Amen
Sharon came back home on Saturday Nov. 12th.

December 25, 2022
This morning we had a Christmas Day service at Solid Rock Church in San Marcos. Our Praise Team performed a song entitled
"Mary Did You Know", which was the first time I remember ever hearing it, and it sent chills through me. The lyrics are below, and if you desire, look it up and listen to it and I believe you will experience the same sensation. I wish for everyone a joyous Christmas Day and remember the birth of that God Child over 2000 years ago and how He gave us the greatest gift of all, the gift of Salvation and Eternal Life through His sacrifice on the Cross. Blessings to all and Merry Christmas!

Mary, Did You Know?
Mary, did you know
That your Baby Boy would one day walk on water?
Mary, did you know
That your Baby Boy Would save our sons and daughters?
Did you know
That your Baby Boy has come to make you new?
That this child that you delivered will soon deliver you

Mary, did you Know
That your Baby Boy will give sight to a blind man?
Mary, did you know
That your baby Boy will calm the storm with His hand?
Did you know
That your Baby Boy has walked where angels have trod?
When you kissed your little Baby you kissed the face of God?

Mary did you know. Ooo Ooo Ooo

The Blind will see.
The deaf will hear.
The dead will live again.
The lame will leap.
The dumb will speak
The praises of The Lamb.

Mary, did you know
That your Baby Boy is Lord of all creation?
Mary, did you know
That your baby Boy would one day rule the nations?
Did you know
That your Baby Boy is heaven's perfect Lamb?
The sleeping Child you're holding is the Great, I Am

This is one of my favorite Christmas songs. The son of a very good friend of ours sang in a group called Go Fish. The first time I heard it was at one of their concerts, I believe in 2015. Here is a link to their version, /Their son sang lead on it. It is a very moving song and a great reminder of what Christmas is about.

The Undeniable Power of Prayer: The Journey contiinues...

As a follow up to my dear friend Sharon's Journey, whom I first posted about last November, she had a heart stent procedure since then and they did an MRI shortly thereafter and found a spot on her right lung which after a biopsy determined it to be a cancer tumor. Sharon has been continually prayed for on her journey.
Sharon underwent chemotherapy the past couple of months and recently had another MRI. While discussing the results of the MRI with the Radiologist, he remarked that "The surgeons did a great job removing the tumor. There is not even a scar on your lung and the tumor is completely gone and there is no cancer anywhere in your body."

Well, Sharon did not have surgery. Sharon gives all the credit and glory to God who as she said, when I spoke to her Thursday evening, "God took the tumor from my body and I am cancer free. I am convinced of that, undeniably." I will admit I got teary eyed when Sharon said that, as I did again while writing this. Sharon also told me that God put it on her heart to retire from being the bookkeeper and Board Director of the Hays County Volunteer Fire Dept. after twenty-five years, sell her house, and move up north of Plano to be closer to her kids and grandchildren. She retired in April and will be moving within a month to an awaiting house for her and her mother.

There is not a shadow of a doubt, in my mind, about the undeniable power of prayer, and what God, by His grace, divine intercession and mercy, can do in our lives when we are faithful, and come to Him in prayer. As a good friend and Brother in Christ says, "We need to lay it at the foot of the Cross." Most times, that is all any of us mere mortals can do.
Thank you, Heavenly father for what you have done in the life of my dear friend Sharon, for your love and your grace and for your mercy which most times we feel undeserving of. Keep us ever mindful of the needs of others whose struggles and journey may be far different than our own, and thank you for that precious gift of salvation, given through the sacrifice of your son Jesus Christ, who gave His life for our sins.

My hope and prayer for everyone is that you keep the light of your faith burning brightly. God bless.

Last edited:
Thank you for that testimony. When I was in college, I had an experience that changed me from a pew sitter to a real Believer. The details are for another time & another thread. But I'll just say that 6 months of continued prayer by a group of teens and college kids at my church brought a high school girl from "no chance of surviving" a traumatic auto accident to living a normal life. That got my attention.

Thank you, Tim for sharing your faith conversion experience, which gave me chills reading it. Amen Brother.

I didn't want to stomp on your thread. Stand by - I'll PM you the whole story.

The Undeniable Power of Prayer: The Journey contiinues...

As a follow up to my dear friend Sharon's Journey, whom I first posted about last November, she had a heart stent procedure since then and they did an MRI shortly thereafter and found a spot on her right lung which after a biopsy determined it to be a cancer tumor. Sharon has been continually prayed for on her journey.
Sharon underwent chemotherapy the past couple of months and recently had another MRI. While discussing the results of the MRI with the Radiologist, he remarked that "The surgeons did a great job removing the tumor. There is not even a scar on your lung and the tumor is completely gone and there is no cancer anywhere in your body."

Well, Sharon did not have surgery. Sharon gives all the credit and glory to God who as she said, when I spoke to her Thursday evening, "God took the tumor from my body and I am cancer free. I am convinced of that, undeniably." I will admit I got teary eyed when Sharon said that, as I did again while writing this. Sharon also told me that God put it on her heart to retire from being the bookkeeper and Board Director of the Hays County Volunteer Fire Dept. after twenty-five years, sell her house, and move up north of Plano to be closer to her kids and grandchildren. She retired in April and will be moving within a month to an awaiting house for her and her mother.

There is not a shadow of a doubt, in my mind, about the undeniable power of prayer, and what God, by His grace, divine intercession and mercy, can do in our lives when we are faithful, and come to Him in prayer. As a good friend and Brother in Christ says, "We need to lay it at the foot of the Cross." Most times, that is all any of us mere mortals can do.
Thank you, Heavenly father for what you have done in the life of my dear friend Sharon, for your love and your grace and for your mercy which most times we feel undeserving of. Keep us ever mindful of the needs of others whose struggles and journey may be far different than our own, and thank you for that precious gift of salvation, given through the sacrifice of your son Jesus Christ, who gave His life for our sins.

My hope and prayer for everyone is that you keep the light of your faith burning brightly. God bless.
Amen!
Glory to God!

This is one of my favorite Christmas songs. The son of a very good friend of ours sang in a group called Go Fish. The first time I heard it was at one of their concerts, I believe in 2015. Here is a link to their version, /Their son sang lead on it. It is a very moving song and a great reminder of what Christmas is about.

This is a great song, and our band did it at a Christmas eve service 6 years ago. This is a nice version, and I'm sending it to my wife who is studying cello on line without having one yet :-) I told her when she gets one she's got 3 weeks before she joins my band. You know, ROI. No pressure.

It is amazing how things happen in threes. Native Americans plant corn, climbing beans and squash together, and in Native American Culture it is called the Three Sisters. The corn is planted first and then the beans at the base of the corn that they use to climb up on the corn stalks. The squash is then planted around the beans and their spiny leaves protect the bean plants from predators. All this time, the beans are releasing nitrogen into the soil, nourishing both the corn and the squash plants. Supporting one another, nurturing and nourishing one another, a virtual trifecta of culinary delight and also thought of as the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.

This past week, I found out that three of my friends, all on their separate journeys, who were each diagnosed with different cancers in the past year; stage two Pancreatic cancer, a golf ball sized tumor on the right lung and a tumor in the jaw/throat area which compromised her lymphatic system, all underwent radiation and Chemotherapy treatments. All of them, within three weeks of one another, had MRI's or Cat Scans performed to determine where they were on their journeys, and all three were diagnosed to be cancer free. There is nothing evident anywhere in their bodies, no scar on the right lung, nothing to indicate what each of them had gone through.

There are only but three explanations for this 'miracle' which took place in these three lives. The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. There is a force in this universe that is powerful beyond measure and understanding, but not beyond belief. Because when you put your trust and your faith and your belief in this Higher Power, what can and will happen is amazing and maybe beyond our comprehension or our understanding. But the one thing I know is that it is Undeniable.

My hope and prayer for everyone is that you keep the light of your faith burning brightly.

Back