• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New member in San Antonio (Stone Oak)

Reaction score
First Name
Trace
Last Name
Pharis
I rode the TAR ride last weekend and had a blast, made some new friends and learned alot about dual sporting. I have a DR650 and lean towards offroad trail riding but do enjoy the higher speed running of backroads. I have many years of riding and MX racing experience but its been awhile since ive spent serious time in the saddle. Last Saturday revived some of those old skills. Im looking to do a variety of rides. I would like to do some serious off road stuff, hill climbing, trail riding single track. I also would like to do some dual sporting combined with camping, some in campgrounds and some primitive.
I also have a Yamaha Roadstar Silverado that I love to cruise on and will be doing as many rally's as I can. Also want to travel and camp with that bike too.
Im teaching my girlfriend to ride. Bought her a Honda XL200 to learn on and she is doing great. She has only a few days of riding experience but was able to ride about 50 miles of backroads with me this last weekend.
We both want to meet people to ride with, especially around SA. We ride out to Texas Pride BBQ on thursdays for bike night and ride with the HCMR (HIll country motorcycle riders) out of SA.
WE met alot of great people at the TAR event but I got to ride with 4 other guys and 3 of them live very close to my home. I got contact info for one and the others I never got it so im trying to track those dudes down to reconnect. We had a blast and We cant wait for the next ride.

I have discovered many hidden trails through the flood control areas of Stone Oak. Lots of hills, valleys, creeks, etc... Some of it is easily class 3 maybe 4, trials bike stuff. Im going to recon a route today and invite some of my new friends on a tour of my secret world...Im just tired of riding it alone.

I look forward to meeting all the San Antonio area riders...I ride dual sport, trails and cruise...:rider:

Back