• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DAL/FTW: Friday Night Ice Cream Bikes, 6:30 PM

if you didn't make it to burger box tonight you missed this!

fcea1410.jpg

2bcf4fd7.jpg

guy built it all by himself. powered by all aluminum 215cubic inch V8 :eek2: putting power down to the rear tires (trike) via a porsche transaxle

I saw that on 360 one day! Crud! I knew I was gonna miss out!

I see that thing often. Did he build the engine? As in forge the crank and pistons and machine the block and all that? It amazes me when people are that darned resourceful. There was a thing floating around the internet where a guy made a replica of a Ferrari and he forged, machined, and otherwise manufactured an exact copy of the real thing only much smaller.

I see that thing often. Did he build the engine? As in forge the crank and pistons and machine the block and all that? It amazes me when people are that darned resourceful. There was a thing floating around the internet where a guy made a replica of a Ferrari and he forged, machined, and otherwise manufactured an exact copy of the real thing only much smaller.

It's an Oldsmobile engine and a Porsche transaxle.

if you didn't make it to burger box tonight you missed this!

fcea1410.jpg

2bcf4fd7.jpg

guy built it all by himself. powered by all aluminum 215cubic inch V8 :eek2: putting power down to the rear tires (trike) via a porsche transaxle

I hope that thing has A/C or it will become a grill on wheels here in the summer.

I've seen it on the roads, but it would have been cool to check out in person.

Not sure, but we may have seen a garage for one of those things during the Arkansas ride a few weeks ago...

Attachments

• mtnvw.jpg
    mtnvw.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 211
So since it looks like a trike, which is defined as a motorcycle, will he be joining the forums?:trust:

Sent via VZN Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

GM sold the tooling and engine to Rover in England in the early 60s. There was a Buick version too. The Oldsmobile had an aluminum block and heads.

for the folks who follow this thread and have attended the friday night social and have not heard yet. Dail was riding out west on one of his long rides and was involved in a bad crash. see down but not out yet thread in specialty/ rider down section.

it's friday!! lets have a big turn out so we can all have a scoop of Blue Bell in tribute to our fallen buddy dail. and brain storm on how we can help get him and his bike back home. :patriot:

I just might have to snag Dads KLR for this one. Ill be in the area so im sure ill swing by.

I think we are working late tonight, but I'll still try my best to swing by after we are done.

Out of curiosity....where and when? Newbie here.

Sent from a rotary phone using Tapatalk 2

See post number 1 and welcome!

I had actually planned to go tonight, but then I remembered that I will be with Chuck's better half at the musical.
Y'all have a ice cream toast for Dail from me.

See post number 1 and welcome!

I had actually planned to go tonight, but then I remembered that I will be with Chuck's better half at the musical.
Y'all have a ice cream toast for Dail from me.

Bring her with you! I miss both of your bright sunny smiles!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure if I'll make it tonight or not. I've got movers scheduled for Tuesday and I just started packing last night. But, I have Sunday off to get packed up, so we'll see.

I was planning to make this one but have a couple of servers to fix. If you talk to Dail, please tell him to Hang in There!

Back