• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!
  • The Vendor forum is for users that wish to offer their services or products to the TWT Community. Creation of a new thread is limited to users that are members of the TWT Vendor usergroup. Contact Tourmeister to join this usergroup. Vendors may create ONE thread to promote their business. They will still be able to edit and reply to their thread, and reply to anyone else's, but they are limited to one thread. Regular users can reply to any existing thread. Vendors should strive to keep all of their business related posting in this thread.

Monkey Wrench Cycles. Servicing Arlington + Ft. Worth

I'm disappointed, Frank. I was thinking about coming by tomorrow about 4pm for an oil change.

Just kidding. Merry Christmas to you, Nancy, & that cute little baby.

I'm disappointed, Frank. I was thinking about coming by tomorrow about 4pm for an oil change.

Just kidding. Merry Christmas to you, Nancy, & that cute little baby.

I say im not open but the wife has to work and i REALLY dislike sitting around doing nothing so if i have work to do(which it looks like i will) then im sure ill be here.:thumb:

Merry christmas to you also!!

Hey, how much for a set of those ZRX shock mounts one of the ZRXOA members was asking about a set the other day, I gave him your company name not sure if he has gotten ahold of you

Merry Christmas, Frank and fam!

Hey, how much for a set of those ZRX shock mounts one of the ZRXOA members was asking about a set the other day, I gave him your company name not sure if he has gotten ahold of you

Man, to be honest i havent had time to do much of anything lately. Ive got a CNC machinist lined up to produce them in bulk, and i need to get the guy that i designed the blocks the first time for back over here to do the measurements. It will probly be the first part of next year before i do anything though.

Ive got my new CAD software, Inventor 2012, so as soon as i get that installed ill be working on getting the drawings together for the lowering blocks on the ZRX 1100 and 1200's.:thumb:

This is a running special. If you buy a set of Continental Conti Motion Radial tires you can get both tires installed out the door for $285

SOLD. This is a 2004 XR650L dual sport. It was purchased by my uncle from Eagle mountain cycles in 2007 with 2,270 miles on it and now has 2,616 miles on it. He bought it mainly to ride at his ranch in Oklahoma and around the dirt roads but found out he wanted something smaller and lighter since most of the riding he has done has been more trail/technical riding. If you knew my uncle you would know he is borderline obsessive/compulsive when it comes to his vehicles and he keeps maintanence logs of all service done and ALWAYS performs services when they are due. He has run synthetic oil since he bought the bike. Front tire has good tread still but back will be in need of a change soon. He is just over 50 years old so this bike hasnt been ridden hard. He let the tags expire in '08. Has clean and clear title in his name. SOLD

xr6501.jpg

xr6502.jpg

xr6503.jpg

xr6504.jpg

Last edited:
The next project on the agenda. Its a 2009 Harley XL1200 Nightster that someone started a weld on hardtail kit on. We are going to finish the hardtail out, put a black springer on it, new pipes, oil tank, fender, custom tank, mini apes, and probly more. The best part is we have less than 3 months to get it finished and out the door as thats when the owner gets back from Afghanistan.

sportyhardtail.jpg

Frank,
Did you ever get your powdercoating business setup? I bought another '87 Honda Super Magna (blue, this time) and want to do some customizing on the old red one while I've got it apart for a transmission rebuild (I'll need your help with that too, I'm sure). I'd like to try out powdercoating my front brake caliper (red, of course) to see what it looks like before pulling more bits and pieces (possibly even the frame, if you can coat something that large).

Thanks!

Frank,
Did you ever get your powdercoating business setup? I bought another '87 Honda Super Magna (blue, this time) and want to do some customizing on the old red one while I've got it apart for a transmission rebuild (I'll need your help with that too, I'm sure). I'd like to try out powdercoating my front brake caliper (red, of course) to see what it looks like before pulling more bits and pieces (possibly even the frame, if you can coat something that large).

Thanks!

No, i never got it set up. I kinda figured out im way to busy to start a new aspect of the shop without having someone dedicated to it full time. I hear the shop out west near azle is pretty good though. I can definately help you with the mechanical aspect of it though. :thumb:

Just a quick testimonial from a satisfied customer. Work has me too busy to fix my own, sorry to say. Glad to find a good shop. Reasonable prices, reasonable turnaround.
Got more coming your way, Frank. Thanks.

Just a quick testimonial from a satisfied customer. Work has me too busy to fix my own, sorry to say. Glad to find a good shop. Reasonable prices, reasonable turnaround.
Got more coming your way, Frank. Thanks.

Your welcome man. Glad to get you up and running again

Another satisfied customer...

I showed up at the shop with a tire and rim needing mounted on my lunch hour. Frank took care of me right then and there. Was able to get back to work on time!

Great service!
Great price!

Frank will have have my business again without a doubt!

Thanks Frank!

Darrin/TTR

No doubt! I stopped by there with a few questions and Frank and I chatted for a long time. I had to leave so he could get some work done - haha....

By the way Frank - I've searched the world over and I thought I found true love -- oops.... I cannot find a straight 19 inch fender. They are all for 16-18 inch or 19-21 inch rims; even the after market stuff. I had the cracked fender welded and drilled holes about 1 inch above the stock holes and have a lot better clearance. Thats about 3/8 inch of tire clearance from the edge of the bracket. The tire swelled a little when I added air, but no contact when I rode at 80 mph. I'll put the Progressives in and see how I sit with that. Then, if I can't find a smaller fender I'll drill the new one. It looks a lot better with that fender sitting closer to the tire.

Thanks for all your help. You have another new customer....

(I'm the guy with the black Dyna)

Chase bank is offering 12, $250k grants and to qualify i had to fill out an essay and i have to get 250 votes for my business. It would help me out immensly if you guys/gals could vote for my business.

https://www.missionsmallbusiness.com/

All you have to do is click the link, click log in at bottom of page, seach my shop by name, city, and state, then hit the vote button.

Frank, I've tried it and can't find your business. I've tried both under Ft Worth and Arlington, and I've tried under the names 'monkeywrench cycles' and 'monkey wrench cycles'. So for those of us who are, er, challenged, can you spell it out exactly, please?

Its under "Monkey Wrench Cycles", in Fort Worth, Texas. You may need to spell out Fort Worth instead of Ft Worth.

Thanks btw.

You can select Fort Worth in the drop-down menu. Happy to support local shops. :thumb:

Back