• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Post your Day Rides Here!

Taylor and back....with sweetwife!
pic1- water break near Waterloo Gin
pic2- Williamson Cty. Bridge on CR434, they may be the highest taxing county in Texas; but I love the fact that they keep, paint, and use the old steel bridges!

Attachments

• Waterloo812.jpg
    Waterloo812.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 228
  • WillctyBrushyCR434bridge.jpg
    WillctyBrushyCR434bridge.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 230
Nice Mark I just had to go to Waterloo Store & gin on my little ride also then onto the Old Hare Gin then out on the back county roads thru Davila then to Holland and back home to Taylor .

Pic#1 Waterloo
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344199323.001223.jpg

Pic#2 The old Hare Gin
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344199434.699533.jpg

Pic#3 Old Home on CR 360 Williamson Co.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344199526.303369.jpg

This was kind of a shakedown ride to check out the return line on the overflow on the coolant res. tank on a previous ride came off and now I thinks it's fixed for good I hope!!

I used Snapseed app on my iPad to edit my pics.

Nice Mark I just had to go to Waterloo Store & gin on my little ride also then onto the Old Hare Gin then out on the back county roads thru Davila then to Holland and back home to Taylor .

Pic#1 Waterloo
View attachment 23168

Pic#2 The old Hare Gin
View attachment 23169

Pic#3 Old Home on CR 360 Williamson Co.
View attachment 23170

This was kind of a shakedown ride to check out the return line on the overflow on the coolant res. tank on a previous ride came off and now I thinks it's fixed for good I hope!!

I used Snapseed app on my iPad to edit my pics.
Good on you, Hutch!! I'll have to check out that snapseed..:sun:

Thanks Guy's !

I did the text with "whiteboard app"

I'm riding my KLR to the ranch tomorrow !! Well Rockdale .LoL

Sales calls to Austin, Billy's to Ken's to MLK/969 trails with Jeff S. on his Versys......what a bust, just overgrown and very sandy in spots! Jeff S and I traveled further south almost to the river and found an entrance and a few good roads, some rutted but ready to be mapped out! I jumped a berm, found some nice water ponds and an old Manitowoc crane and bucket!
Hot coming home!!

pic1- Sesame plants growing at the Stiles Foundation, Thrall....never seen these before! Can't wait to watch the progression and harvest!
pic2- Tower at the pits near the river, notice the ABIA tower in the background.
pic3- Old Crane bucket, huge chain to drag it!
pic4- Old Manitowoc Crane, cool machine...
:sun:

Attachments

• sesame.jpg
    sesame.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 218
  • TXItower.jpg
    TXItower.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 225
  • DragbucketTXI.jpg
    DragbucketTXI.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 205
  • CRANETXI.jpg
    CRANETXI.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 229
would that be a sand bucket because of the holes to let the water out?

would that be a sand bucket because of the holes to let the water out?

I believe that is correct; the holes allow water to drain out of whatever you are scraping/moving. Your observation skills are consistently good, Scott. Have you considered opening up a PI firm?
:clap:

Nice ride yesterday to central Austin for coffee and a hotdog and today to Bastrop early to meet daytrader for breakfast; and the piano bridge after sales calls: Made no more than 300 miles today... I met "no false enthusiasm" from TWT on Menisk Road just north of Piano Bridge, we found a shady spot and swapped lies for 30 minutes or so......very nice man!
pic1- This Angus bull was as hot as I was, lying down on his side in this shallow tank.
pic2-Found this beautiful bridge south of Bastrop in the country; growed up so much I could barely get across it! Also was able to harvest some dry inland sea oats grass seed at this location.
pic3- Milton's lane.......
pic4-I have always heard about this church in the national and international media; now I have seen it in person.....THE CISTERN CHAPEL!! WOW!
More to come.....:sun:

Attachments

• HOTBULL.jpg
    HOTBULL.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 236
  • millcreekbridge812.jpg
    millcreekbridge812.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 222
  • miltonsroad812.jpg
    miltonsroad812.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 227
  • cisternchapel812.jpg
    cisternchapel812.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 226
And to finish today's ride and description:
I rode south on 304 (after coming from Thorndale) to 2571 to young school house road to Rosanky south on 297 and by the DD ranch to Jeddo and east to Cistern, east on 2237 to anchor ranch road to allen road to old smithville to boehnke road to old lockhart road to jackson, airport to creamer creek road (pretty but short, always wanted to ride this road) to 155 to 3233 to Radhost road to menisk to piano bridge, then peters to sedan back to 155, followed brandt river bottom road to look at the colorado, and then mullins prarie loop and then loehr back to LaGrange...Slabbed it to Giddings on 77, then 113 to 326 (turning BACK INTO GRAVEL!!!) to Lexington and then 313 to 448 and back home for me.

pic1- piano bridge, pretty and new
pic2- side view showing timber work and bracing

Attachments

• pianobridge812.jpg
    pianobridge812.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 213
  • Pianobridgeside812.jpg
    Pianobridgeside812.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 214
And to finish today's ride and description:
I rode south on 304 (after coming from Thorndale) to 2571 to young school house road to Rosanky south on 297 and by the DD ranch to Jeddo and east to Cistern, east on 2237 to anchor ranch road to allen road to old smithville to boehnke road to old lockhart road to jackson, airport to creamer creek road (pretty but short, always wanted to ride this road) to 155 to 3233 to Radhost road to menisk to piano bridge, then peters to sedan back to 155, followed brandt river bottom road to look at the colorado, and then mullins prarie loop and then loehr back to LaGrange...Slabbed it to Giddings on 77, then 113 to 326 (turning BACK INTO GRAVEL!!!) to Lexington and then 313 to 448 and back home for me.

pic1- piano bridge, pretty and new
pic2- side view showing timber work and bracing

Very Nice Report Sir! :dude:

Good to meet up with Gravel Guy out in the rolling country of Fayette County.

I try to make it up that way once a week... stock tanks are full and hay meadows have produced this year... in great contrast to last year.

My route on a Bonny SE, all paved, but much of it is single lane:

http://goo.gl/maps/WK548

NFE

Good to meet up with Gravel Guy out in the rolling country of Fayette County.

I try to make it up that way once a week... stock tanks are full and hay meadows have produced this year... in great contrast to last year.

My route on a Bonny SE, all paved, but much of it is single lane:

http://goo.gl/maps/WK548

NFE
I am planning a trip to Lake Texana and back in the next few weeks; will contact you beforehand NFE....for lunch ! :sun:

Always amazed how you string roads together Mark. Thanks for the great report.

Always amazed how you string roads together Mark. Thanks for the great report.
Thanks for the kind words Greg....and that's why I'm a map guy. I am NOT interested in following a computer's instructions....:deal:

Had business in Llano and Marble falls today, after that made the James River crossing and a few surrounding roads as time permitted. Day started off rainy in Round Rock at 7:00 a.m., ended up nice!
From Marble Falls, 281 to 1885 to CR120 to 1431 to 2900 south to CR309 to 71 to 308 through Click to Oxford (the long way) CR113 to 112 to 2323 north to CR106, 105, Mason County Post Oak to Keyserville to 87 to Simonsville across 783 to 1783, south on 2389 and James River Road, west on Salt Branch to Mill Creek north to 1871 to Mason, 29 to Art, south on Art Hedwig Hill Rd. to 87 to Lower Willow Creek to 29 and east back home through G-town, Circleville, Hare and T'orndale!
Pic1- Sunset Deck this morning in Balcones Canyonlands Wildlife Refuge.
Pic2-Cool old house on Llano 105.
Pic3-Feeder Creek before James River crossing on James River Rd.
Pic4-North side of James River crossing.
pic5-South side of James River crossing.
Made 425 miles today....slabbing it back was not fun.....

Attachments

• sunsetdeck812.jpg
    sunsetdeck812.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 239
  • houseLLano105812.jpg
    houseLLano105812.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 234
  • JRfeedercreek812.jpg
    JRfeedercreek812.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 238
  • Jamesrivercrossing812.jpg
    Jamesrivercrossing812.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 235
  • Jamesriverdone812.jpg
    Jamesriverdone812.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 244
Did a 179 mile ride from Durham,NC up to Clarksville,VA, over to Kerr-Scott Dam and then back to Durham. Camera phone pics just don't do the scenery justice.

Sunset2.jpg

ClarksvilleBridge1.jpg

Had to work in Rockdale, Giddings, Lexington. Rode about 220 miles doing this and a few gravel roads......imagine that?? :lol2:
Pic1-CR302 in far NW Burleson cty.....red, shady and pretty!
Pic2-Irrigated Cotton near Snook, Brazos Valley, notice the real moneymaker in the background! This pic is for David H.
pic3-Lake Gibbons Creek, clear and lots of Lilly pads, only 1 foot low (power plant lake, powered by lignite coal)

Attachments

• BCR302RED.jpg
    BCR302RED.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 229
  • COTTON.jpg
    COTTON.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 231
  • LakeGibbonsCreek.jpg
    LakeGibbonsCreek.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 227
Nice pics gravel guy. How do you post thumbnails instead of whole pics(linked images)?
Thanks for the compliment! I just save them to the correct size as a jpeg file using Arcsoft Photo Impression, and load them through the file manager from a saved picture file on my C drive. This thread has become my moto-diary of sorts...
:zen:

Back