• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

HOUSTON: Clear Lake Bike Night Wednesday

I know it's not Wednesday yet...

Are we gonna make The Hoagie Ranch our regular place, I have not been there yet, but I hear the food was good and the views weren't bad either? So what do you say....??????

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Are we gonna make The Hoagie Ranch our regular place, I have not been there yet, but I hear the food was good and the views weren't bad either? So what do you say....??????

I dont think that place is any good.

In my opinion Hoagie Ranch could become a good rotational player. :clap:

Do we need a "regular" :yawn:place? Is'nt "regular" a concern for the OLD:sleep: and the non adventurous types?? Oh yea, that talented "view" won't be there long! :hail:

I don't know about "regular" place, but I wouldn't mind going back once in a while. But then I shouldn't get a vote, because I am only going to be around for four more bike nights.

and ... if we are going to go there, we should go before Chris gets back from Colorado.

If you want something different, y'all could come up here to Minneapolis. :rider:

Looks like I'll be stuck up here this and next week. :(

SORRY guys about tonight the bike still in the shop..they had to pull the engine apart..cross my fingers they get it:confused: back together.

SORRY guys about tonight the bike still in the shop..they had to pull the engine apart..cross my fingers they get it:confused: back together.

DANG! And I thought my little flat tire in the parking lot was a big deal! I am crossing my fingers too!

By the way, I made it home with no drama and found a nail in the center of the tire.

Hey guys, Chuck and I are having a going away party (why else would you celebrate, except that we are going away), September 2nd from 2p to 4p or 5p at that little mexican restaurant Mr Sombreros that my wife and I frequent so often. I realize this is labor day weekend so that may help some and hinder others, but no worries, show up if you can.

Getting ready to head back from Colorado tomorrow. We have a lot of stories to tell. I'm not looking foreward to the heat though. See y'all whe we get back.

Red River sounds pretty good right now. Waiting in the Minneapolis airport for a flight back. Don't leave untill 7:30pm. Next week, I have to be either in Denver or San Jose; will find out tomorrow.

Everybody have a safe ride and great dinner!

Not sure if I can make that long drive...lol Red river it is then.

Oh yeah, just think about me ... I will have to let the bike warm up for 10 minutes in the driveway just to make sure it reaches operating temperature by the time I get there!

Red River sounds pretty good right now. Waiting in the Minneapolis airport for a flight back. Don't leave untill 7:30pm. Next week, I have to be either in Denver or San Jose; will find out tomorrow.

Everybody have a safe ride and great dinner!

Jay, it tough duty but someone has to do it! I would choose Denver, but that's home for me. I lived just a few miles from San Jose for a few years, and you can have the bay area, nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there! :-)

I think I will go take a nap now! See you fella's tonight ... if I wake up in time!

David, it was nice seeing you again. Hopefully, you can make it to bike night a few more times before I head to South America on Sept 21st. Nice bike by the way!:thumb:

I mentioned that I would post the invitation to Chuck's and mine going away get together on Sunday, so here it is:

--------------------------------
At some point I finally realized that this is going to happen. We are packing the bikes for shipping on September 4th and we have flight reservations on September 21st to Cartagena. We decided that it might be a good thing to give everyone an opportunity to wish us farewell. Or perhaps laugh at us or call us crazy is more accurate. So, we have scheduled a going away celebration on September 2nd from 2pm to 5pm at a little Mexican restaurant (Mr Sombreros) that Lori and I frequent. We have known the owners (who are from Mexico), for a number of years and have watched their kids grow up. He just shakes his head when I talk about traveling by motorcycle through Mexico. I hope to have the bikes there as well, so those who ride can tell us what we have messed up and those who don’t can ask questions for which we have no answers. :-) These bikes will be our homes for at least six months.

Some of you may be out of town for the holiday weekend or do not live here in Houston, no worries, I just wanted to extend the offer and let you know what was happening. Please bring anyone along you like and feel free to forward this invitation to anyone you think may be interested. It will be an order off the menu type deal, after all we are retired with no visible means of income. We will try to keep our blog updated here (linky).

Warm Regards,

Joe Fink

Back