• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The Deutsch Apple - Blanco, Tx.

Adan

Reaction score
What: Homemade pies, muffins, cakes and coblers from the Hohenroth farm orchad, nestled on the banks of the Blanco River, just 2.5 miles east of the Blanco town square. http://www.homemadepies.com/default.htm

Where: 602 Chandler, Blanco, TX 78606 (on the corner of RR 165 & 163
just east of the town square) Phone: (830) 833-2882 email: d-apple@tstar.net

Directions: Coming soon

deutsch_apple_building_painting_to_be_replaced.jpg

My brother and I stumbled accross this excellent place while looking for a place to warm up last Saturday, we did not have a camera with us, all we had was my VGA resolution camera phone. :chug:

You just know it has to be good with a sign like this ;-)
PieSign.jpg

Freshly baked selection:
Pieone.jpg

Pietwo.jpg

Good Coffee too
PieCoffee.jpg

Seating is a little bit limited
PieSeating.jpg

This is what the outside looks like, it is accross the street from a Fire House
Piebrothers.jpg

Here is a quasi-DS route with at least 4 Low Water Crossings (LWC - be careful!!) and some beautiful views. YOU WILL GET WET ON THIS ROUTE.

Starting from Bee Caves and 71:

West on 71
Left (S) on 3238
Left (S) on Bell Springs (past 12) to Fitzhugh (or take 12 to Fitzhugh)
Right (W) on Fitzhugh (Turns into CR201) One LWC
Left (S) on CR202 (right after 3232 & Pedernales park entrance) One LWC
Right (W) on 290 (for just one mile)
Left (S) on CR410 until it T-bones FM165 - Two or three LWC
Right (W) on FM165 until it t-bones at 163Loop (Chandler)
Pie is on your left.

OK, old thread, I know; but I was on my way back from Austin a couple of weeks back and passed by the Deutsch Apple. Its doors are closed and the building is up for lease. Anyone know what happened?

We had a pie run here a few years back, thought the pie was pretty good!

Cheers! M2

OK, old thread, I know; but I was on my way back from Austin a couple of weeks back and passed by the Deutsch Apple. Its doors are closed and the building is up for lease. Anyone know what happened?

We had a pie run here a few years back, thought the pie was pretty good!

Cheers! M2

It closed over a year ago. I guess there just wasn't enough business on the corner. There are other places in town that, I guess, people like better. Too bad though! I liked their baked goods and the girls that worked there were pretty darn cute!

It closed over a year ago. I guess there just wasn't enough business on the corner. There are other places in town that, I guess, people like better. Too bad though! I liked their baked goods and the girls that worked there were pretty darn cute!

Wow, a year ago? Shows you how much I get through Blanco!

Thanks for the info! :sun:

Cheers! M2

Back