• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Post your Day Rides Here!

You guys need to quit crashing and hugging trees.

Thanks for the advice. We'll try to heed it. :-P
:thumb:
The view from their front yard....
IMG3508-L.jpg

Dudes -

Thanks for the Kudos. I enjoy pretty much every second of it when I sneak away here, that's for sure.

Almost spent an unplanned night in that area Tuesday. Got off work and headed for Portland to pick up the family from their 8:37 PM flight. I was an hour and change into the three hour drive and motoring up out of the Warm Springs Indian Res when the car squawked at me and I looked down to see a huge "STOP Immediately" displayed on the console :eek2: Car had massively over heated and I'm certainly no car mechanic. I checked the fluids and waited for it to cool down before trying again. No luck. Starting to worry, sun had set, temp coming down, family still flying in... long ways away from my destination. Wondering how if I could arrange airport shuttle and hotel for the family before my phone battery died. I finally got it going and within the hour had to limp over Mt. Hood, blasting the heater to pull heat out of the engine compartment on the way over. Managed to not be incredibly late and then instead of attempting Mt. Hood again we came back via the Gorge... the long way. Didn't get in until 1:40 AM, ugh. Thankfully the little ones slept pretty much the entire way or it could have been a death march. Jumped in bed for a few hours and then pulled a 12 hour day the next. I'm pretty wiped out this week, that's for sure.

Ride while you can ;-)
Justin

Great shots Justin! One of my best friends lives in The Dalles. He used to ride a Husky 500 all over Bend back in the good 'ol days. Hope you get the car sorted out or ya'll might have to start taking the bike! Ha!
wtfisthis.jpg

No pictures today....but WHAT A DAY! 50 degrees, north wind 15+, sprinkling to light rain, made sales calls to Taylor, Coupland to Elgin and north, got wet twice, was given 4 chicken fried steaks by a neighbor (kept in the tank-bag!)and got to warm up with coffee at Jerry's! Thanks Jerry! Sure am glad that I chose to wear the insulated coveralls!!
:sun:

Beautiful fall day here in Denton TX yesterday . Took the newly styled Vmax out for a ride on Hwy 407 heading south. Stopped in some of the bk roads to take a few pics .

Attachments

• FallMax.jpg
    FallMax.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 217
  • 6224_4251268032739_1273989552_n.jpg
    6224_4251268032739_1273989552_n.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 220
  • 521566_4251264272645_1667783979_n.jpg
    521566_4251264272645_1667783979_n.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 216
Well I've missed logging a few good sessions on here but realize that I'll never get caught up. You guys don't want to see this kind of stuff anyway, do you?? :trust:

Well OK, just a little selection from the last few weeks then...

Caught in our first flurry a few weeks back on the top of Three Creeks Butte.
IMG_3544-L.jpg

Looking at Tam MacArthur Rim after the flurry had passed.
IMG_3547_Mod-L.jpg

Really fun ride home, like Baja in the lower elevations, where the roads were lined with cheering woodcutters as we lofted the big water bars.
IMG_3551_Mod-L.jpg

Looking for love out East on a solo ride a week or so later.
IMG_3564-L.jpg

Pretty sweet view from the top of Pine Mountain... I live just north of the Butte with the sun on it, and came through that saddle on the right.
IMG_3582-L.jpg

Stumbled on this while I was up there. ;-)
IMG_3597-L.jpg

Hooked up with some buddies for a last minute one a couple weeks back. This is what Tam MacArthur Rim looks like up close.
IMG_3642-L.jpg

Got this guy suited up later that weekend.
IMG_3647-L.jpg

Did quite a bit of dirt riding with him that weekend. I'm pretty sure it doesn't get any better than this. :rider:
IMG_3651-L.jpg

After a summer of moon dust, the trails are rather tasty right now.
IMG_3668-L.jpg

Epic, even.
IMG_3669-L.jpg

Did about 90 miles yesterday, with a stop in Sisters for excellent burgers and beer brewed on site. This is from my commute back home.
IMG_3672-L.jpg

Trails are getting downright crowded. With elk and deer.
IMG_3671-L.jpg

Really nice section in an old burnt out forest. Tons of deer in there... it goes on like this for about ten miles. :eat:
IMG_3675-L.jpg

Got home and the little guy had nagged mom half to death about getting a ride of his own, so I switched bikes and we took off.... right into a rain storm. Sheltered at the reptile store on the way home so he could play with the livestock.
IMG_3677-L.jpg

Have a great Holiday week folks!

Great stuff Justin . You missed F1 weekend in Austin but, I would trade you in a second :rider:

Thanks dudes!

Kojack, next time you talk to Brian at Atomic Moto, ask if he ever got his Big Red Pig running :lol2: ;-).

Vinny, I'm thinking a trip to watch F1 is in the cards next year.

J

Man, I wish we had cheering woodcutters to watch us ride here, you're so lucky! Ha! Great shots as usual!

Got this guy suited up later that weekend.
IMG_3647-L.jpg

Did quite a bit of dirt riding with him that weekend. I'm pretty sure it doesn't get any better than this. :rider:
IMG_3651-L.jpg

:tab Filling up the life experiences treasure chest right there!! :thumb:

:tab I have really been enjoying Sarah and Daniel riding their own bikes, but I also want to get them on my bike so I can take them on some exploration rides and hopefully infect them with the wanderlust fever.

:tab You are insanely lucky to be able to live where you do and ride like you do while still enjoying the family! Good times to be sure. I hope it last many many years for you and you never forget to come back and torment us with these incredible pictures from your !@$#%^~! backyard!! :lol2:

My favorite yellowing hickory tree......2 miles from my house....:zen:

Attachments

• Hickoryfall2012.jpg
    Hickoryfall2012.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 224
Last weekend I rode out around Cherokee County and discovered an off the path gem in High Valley and the Old Methodist Camp. A spring fed lake and park in the middle of nowhere was a great surprise after a couple hours of riding.
002-3.jpg
011.jpg
010.jpg
007.jpg
012.jpg
001-7.jpg
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6BuijvtTCc"]High Valley - YouTube[/ame]

On the way back to Bell County I took what looked to be a sure deadend but was surprised with the greatest ranch road around. Fry Ranch has a CR running through it and although there are numerous gates it is well worth the effort.
020.jpg
021.jpg
024.jpg
017.jpg
019.jpg
023.jpg
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ltq7hGuItI"]Fry Ranch Burnet County - YouTube[/ame]

Joaquin High School Rams Marching Band passing Leggett Cycles at the 2012 Joaquin Christmas Festival 11/24/2012:

get-photo.asp

Last edited:
Glenda, Clark and I rode a couple hundred on Turkey day and had the roads to ourselves. The fall colors were beautiful!
004-2.jpg
001-8.jpg
010-1.jpg
006.jpg
007-1.jpg
005.jpg
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1xn_1uUybY"]Adventure Riding Burnet County - YouTube[/ame]

Friday I had work between the Brazos rivers......visited some gins in the area and was given 15 lbs of lemons by a friend!!
Maybe 200 miles on Friday and 110 this morning...just a nice ride in the country! Not many deer moving......
Sunday I rode around the Bald Knobbs NE of McDade, tested out my new 55W headlight bulb and it is GREAT!!
pic1- Little Brazos river, under Hwy 21
Pic2-The Knobbs north of McDade
Pic3- Marlin Rd, grove of thirsty Loblollies.....they are starting to lose needles...we need rain bad!!

Attachments

• RiverLittleBrazos1112.jpg
    RiverLittleBrazos1112.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 213
  • Knobbs1212.jpg
    Knobbs1212.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 200
  • MarlinRd1212.jpg
    MarlinRd1212.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 208
Work took me to Georgetown and back yesterday, handing out hams and Christmas cards. Rode through Salty, Detmold, Sandoval, Hare, Circleville, Rowe Valley......Played in the Gravel Pit near 130TR and Hwy 29, a great practice area for newer dual sport riders....:sun:

Had some other pics but they wouldn't load.....MAYBE I'll add them later....:giveup:
Stopped by the Rowe Valley bridge on my way home, CR366 and Hwy 29....
http://s1325.beta.photobucket.com/user/gravelguy/media/Bridge2cr366WC.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0
http://s1325.beta.photobucket.com/user/gravelguy/media/Bridgecr366WC.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1

Attachments

• 130-29gravelpit.jpg
    130-29gravelpit.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 216
Last edited:
Last minute trip to Llano, left at 10:30 am and back by 7:30 or so....maybe 260 miles? Headed to Liberty Hill with cards for customers, then south through Smithwick and up to Marble Falls. I was disappointed to find that Sutherlands Lumber has closed down in Marble Falls.....I guess Lowe's did them in? Been trading with them for many years......Up to Burnet, out to Llano for customer meetings and then southwest from Llano on 2323 to the GLORIOUS CR's of 114, and 315/308 back through Click and 71, 307 through Gainsville to 3404 up to Buchanan Dam and then back home....got a bit chilly on the way home...
pic1- anyone want to guess what's in my panniers? :sun:
pic2- Llano CR114 heading south
pic3- Llano CR315 also heading south

there were and are more and better pictures near Click but I just didn't want to stop.....the late afternoon light soaked my mood with happiness....:zen:

Attachments

• fains1212.jpg
    fains1212.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 205
  • CR114Llanohs.jpg
    CR114Llanohs.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 199
  • CR315Llanohs.jpg
    CR315Llanohs.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 204
Back