• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Do Music and Motorcycles go together?

1. Southern Culture on the Skids
2. Blackberry Smoke
3. Two Tons of Steel
4. Reel Big Fish
5. Los Straitjackets

If you like Reel Big Fish you might enjoy listening to I Voted For Kodos or Bowling For Soup. Drew

Jimmy Buffet
Lyle Lovett
Buena Vista Social Club
SRV
Bob Marley and the Whalers

Randomly chosen from the fractured remains of my mind.

To me, it is all my music. If I didn't like it, it wouldn't be in the play list. They all are my favorite.

Having a wide variety that prevents me getting burned out on any particular song or artist is really my absolute favorite. :rider:

I am one of the few that doesn't listen to music when riding. Being a musician, I tend to pay too much time listening to and analyzing songs,
diverting my concentration from what I'm really on the bike to do, ride.

Desert Skies this is just about music in general. I do not listen while I ride either. My engine is my band! Just trying to get to know what kinds of music you cats like. Do you have some bands that are your favs? I like the pic of you with all those maybe broken-down bikes in the background. Are those yours? Drew

Desert Skies this is just about music in general. I do not listen while I ride either. My engine is my band! Just trying to get to know what kinds of music you cats like. Do you have some bands that are your favs? I like the pic of you with all those maybe broken-down bikes in the background. Are those yours? Drew

Do Music and Motorcycles go together?

Oh, the thread title threw me. ;-)

I like most all music providing it is music and not just someone screaming at the mic or talking rhyme to some base heavy beat.

My Mp3 library has atrist from Marty Robins to Merle Haggard to Skynard to ZZ Top to Eic Johnson to BB King and so on. Kinda hard to put five in the front and usually play shuffle mode when I feel like listening.

No, the bikes aren't mine. That is a bone yard on the out skirts of Mena AR. Lot of cool old metrics going to rust there.

I can't do bands. Songs I can do. Not bands.

Ok that is fair enough MB throw some out there. I though about that also. Had ten bands in mind first off but narrowed it down. Humm I may have to think about favorite songs that may be a little more difficult. Drew

Top five:

1) The Doors
2) Peter Murphy (solo, but also Bauhaus)
3) Type O Negative
4) Nine Inch Nails
5) John Lydon (solo, but also PIL & Sex Pistols)

Three Dog Night
Beatles
Eric Clapton
L.V. Beethoven
Rich Mullins
Salvador
Saint Saens
Los Lonely Boys

Okay, maybe I'm a bit eclectic.

tshelfer it is hard not to have the Beatles in there somewhere. How about Elvis, I haven't seen his name come up yet? What is your favorite Beatles song? Drew

I'm also a music freak and have different music that suits different moods (or that appeals to different parts of my personality)...

If I were to try and make a Top 5 list, it would probably be five bands that were very elemental and foundational of my developing love of music:

The Descendents/ALL
Public Enemy
Foo Fighters
Black Flag
Tool

But those selections leave out a lot of the variety of stuff that I probably listen to much more frequently these days, like:

Ryan Adams, F***ed Up, John Coltrane, Arcade Fire, ZZ Top, Purity Ring, Wye Oak, OFF!, High On Fire, Ariel Pink, Best Coast, Bob Dylan, Mission of Burma, Shellac, NOFX, Grizzly Bear, Propagandhi, Saint Vitus, Minutemen, Miles Davis, Merle Haggard, Bad Religion- etc etc etc. I could go on forever!

I could also go on for an eternity shipman. Try these few on for size:Missing Persons,Sass Jordan,The Vapors,Chas Sanford,Tuff Darts,Terminal Mind,The Plasmatics,I Voted For Kodos,Men at work,The Beat,The Jam,OMD,REM,The Kinks,Heaven 17,Devo,Gary Numan and the Tubeway Army,Megadeth,U2,Sex Pistols,Joe King Carrasco,The Police,Yes,and so on and so on and so on! Music has been a big part of my life for a long time;could not get by without it. Rock on TWTers! Drew

Jim Carroll - not often you see him on any list.

When you only make three records, kind of hard to be on a lot of people's lists. That said, I remember buying Catholic Boy in 1980... need to put that on and listen to it again soon...

My top five (most played according to iTunes):

Big Country
Tragically Hip
54•40
The Clash
Max Stalling

Terminal Mind

WOW... Now there's a band most people haven't heard of... Kind of hard when they rarely played outside Austin and weren't around but a few years. But they did make it on the Live at Raul's record and put out a single. I don't think the Murray brothers or Steve Marsh ever released any other Terminal Minds stuff.

Wayne

When you only make three records, kind of hard to be on a lot of people's lists. That said, I remember buying Catholic Boy in 1980... need to put that on and listen to it again soon...

My top five (most played according to iTunes):

Big Country
Tragically Hip
54•40
The Clash
Max Stalling

Would that Jim Carroll be on album by chance? I want the angel is one of my favorite Jim Carroll songs. Anyone see "The Basketball Diaries " that was about Jim messed up and sad youthful life. Drew

WOW... Now there's a band most people haven't heard of... Kind of hard when they rarely played outside Austin and weren't around but a few years. But they did make it on the Live at Raul's record and put out a single. I don't think the Murray brothers or Steve Marsh ever released any other Terminal Minds stuff.

Wayne

I have the Live at Raul's and Terminal Minds four song ep in my collection. There are a truck load of bands on the Raul's LP that many people would not recognize. I think Austin is a great town for music. Like chepos for cd's,if I remember correctly that is where the hard to find Live at Rauls came from. There is some of their music on line with them and a cover band people can watch on youtube. I want to be radioactive nothing to touch me when I start to glow. Drew

I have the Live at Raul's and Terminal Minds four song ep in my collection. There are a truck load of bands on the Raul's LP that many people would not recognize. I think Austin is a great town for music. Like chepos for cd's,if I remember correctly that is where the hard to find Live at Rauls came from. There is some of their music on line with them and a cover band people can watch on youtube. I want to be radioactive nothing to touch me when I start to glow. Drew

Hey K-P,
I don't know if this matters to you, but CheapO's is going out of business. They're clearing everything out.

Top five:

1) The Doors
2) Peter Murphy (solo, but also Bauhaus)
3) Type O Negative
4) Nine Inch Nails
5) John Lydon (solo, but also PIL & Sex Pistols)

Did not know the solo stuff was out there,but I do have a Never mind the bullocks heres the sex pistols t-shirt and album. I need a holiday in the sun now. Drew

hmmm...this week it's prolly​

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0DK6c8bqp8"]Budgie[/ame]
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXXkD7Dvq_E"]Freddie King[/ame]
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eR4aQrYozY"]Funkadelic[/ame]
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InLDtI8skyQ"]Motorhead[/ame]
, and (not for child audiences)​
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Jf2dYJQSjI"]Uncle Ted[/ame]

shirts_uncle-ted.gif

Last edited:
Metallica
Seether
Disturbed
Santana
Tantric

Also like in the mix:

Nickleback
Breaking Bengamin
Celldweller
Chevelle
The Exies
Fuel
Godsmack
Hinder
Diamond Rio
Linkin Park
Molly Hatchet
Papa Roach
Shinedown
Staind
System of a Down
Three Days Grace

And a few others. :mrgreen:

With over about 3800 songs, I can't go wrong.

Wow, bunch of great suggestions on this thread!

I'll throw in a few of my favorites, in addition to all the good stuff already listed:

The Subdudes

Sonny Landreth

Tower of Power

Ry Cooder

Bonnie Raitt

Delbert McClinton

Dr. John

Little Feat (before Lowell died)

Marc Broussard

The Meters

Allan Toussaint

Randy Newman

Rory Gallagher

Tab Benoit

And am I the first to mention Jimi Hendrix??

rt

Ok that is fair enough MB throw some out there. I though about that also. Had ten bands in mind first off but narrowed it down. Humm I may have to think about favorite songs that may be a little more difficult. Drew

Sure no worries... I have a helluva time narrowing it down.

Rader Love - Golden Earring (good example of a band I like, but this is really one of only two or three awesome riding songs)

1952 Vincent Black Lightning - Richard Thompson

Bat out of **** - Meat Loaf (I can do all of this album for riding)

Bonnie Tyler - Holding Out For a Hero

Fire, Inc. - Tonight is What it Means to Be Young

Probably no terrible coincidence that three of those songs were written by Jim Steinman.

Back