• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2013 pie run schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, I was going to say that history shows the weather to not be friendly for the Hico run. Good food though. We took the kiddo to Dinosaur World earlier this year and the family made the run from Glen Rose to Hico for some good eats. We all enjoyed it.

Hico is definatly a coin toss very cold with ice patches on the road one year, take out the liners warm the next year.

we are looking at snow coming in tonight but a high of 60* Tuesday.

I will definitely be making a concerted effort to attend some pie runs in 2013, since I didn't make any in 2012... Hico, TX here I come! :rider:

And, welcome jrw69! Good to see you made your way over here from the "TU250riders" forum.

Okay, well I stand corrected as evidently I will not be the only one attending on a 250! Hope the first run to Hico is somewhat warm as it will be about a 6hr round trip for me!

Come for the pie, stay for the camping!

We are camping, aren't we? Guys?

Guys....?

:rofl::sun::rofl:

Come for the pie, stay for the camping!

We are camping, aren't we? Guys?

Guys....?

:rofl::sun::rofl:

If I can make the ride for pie I can make the camp out...

We camped at ray Roberts last January on the pie run. I think it got down into the low 20's... No prob!
u6umybyp.jpg

And here a Bob sleeping in his truck...so I guess he tramped versus camped...just how he rolls... :)
ypy8a6ut.jpg

TTR

Of course there will be camping! We wouldn't be CRAZY if we failed to do so.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

If I can make the ride for pie I can make the camp out...

TTR

Of course there will be camping! We wouldn't be CRAZY if we failed to do so.

That's the spirit!!! Freeze on!

I'm wondering if I can ride inside my sleeping bag. Hmmm... :rider:

This might be a bit early, but for those going on the extended pie run in May, what bike(s) will you be riding or taking? Will you be staying some extra days? Neither of my current bikes have been on the dragon so I'm undecided to which one to take. The RT would be great for the 800+ miles to get there. But the GStrom would allow me to explore more. What to do?:headbang::shrug:

I will be on a KLR for the extended Pie Run and be off that week. Riding up will not get above 80 mph unless I'm going down hill with the wind behind me.

iPhone Tapatalk

That's the spirit!!! Freeze on!

I'm wondering if I can ride inside my sleeping bag. Hmmm... :rider:

You can if its a snuggie!

I will be on a KLR for the extended Pie Run and be off that week. Riding up will not get above 80 mph unless I'm going down hill with the wind behind me.

iPhone Tapatalk

you are suspose to bring the choppa!:rider:

This might be a bit early, but for those going on the extended pie run in May, what bike(s) will you be riding or taking? Will you be staying some extra days? Neither of my current bikes have been on the dragon so I'm undecided to which one to take. The RT would be great for the 800+ miles to get there. But the GStrom would allow me to explore more. What to do?:headbang::shrug:

I will likely be on the ZRX but the SV would be a whole lot more fun.

take whatever bike you can get sport bike tires to fit. knobbies and peg dragging don't mix well!

you are suspose to bring the choppa!:rider:

I will likely be on the ZRX but the SV would be a whole lot more fun.

take whatever bike you can get sport bike tires to fit. knobbies and peg dragging don't mix well!

Both bikes are ready to drag. PR3 on the RT and street bias tires on the GStrom. No knobbies here.

Didn't have much to do so I made a Pie Run map on Google. I hope you fellers have ya'll some fun!

Jfink - you're awesome...love the map. I printed it out and will keep it by my calendar.

I've not really been an active member, although I joined a few years ago.
My back is fixed! My bike is fixed! I'm riding a lot this year.:rider:
Looking forward to meeting you all and making new friends!

I'm going to January's pie run for sure!

Hey folks, as most of you know I am new here and really looking forward to the pie runs. Can't make all of them but for sure going on at least five of them I hope. Anyway, I figured this was the easiest place to say this and this will probably be the crowd I meet.

I am deaf, lost my hearing while in the military. I have an implant that I wear when not riding (yes I ride deaf). It allows me to hear, but my accident made me not understand what I hear. So, I taught myself how to read lips (tried to stay in the military but didn't work). When we meet, I am kind of pain to talk to since I have "learn" how everyone talks. I can usually do it within a couple of minutes, but some are harder and therefor have to repeat some things.

I just wanted everyone to know up front, not only because you will see my implant (its okay to stare or ask about it, I don't mind at all), but I have found that some people are very uncomfortable talking with me. I didn't want to put anyone on the spot, so whoever goes when I am there will already know what to expect.

Hey folks, as most of you know I am new here and really looking forward to the pie runs. Can't make all of them but for sure going on at least five of them I hope. Anyway, I figured this was the easiest place to say this and this will probably be the crowd I meet.

I am deaf, lost my hearing while in the military. I have an implant that I wear when not riding (yes I ride deaf). It allows me to hear, but my accident made me not understand what I hear. So, I taught myself how to read lips (tried to stay in the military but didn't work). When we meet, I am kind of pain to talk to since I have "learn" how everyone talks. I can usually do it within a couple of minutes, but some are harder and therefor have to repeat some things.

I just wanted everyone to know up front, not only because you will see my implant (its okay to stare or ask about it, I don't mind at all), but I have found that some people are very uncomfortable talking with me. I didn't want to put anyone on the spot, so whoever goes when I am there will already know what to expect.

I look forward to meeting you! You have an impressive ability to overcome adversity.

Thank you for your service to our country. It' a friendly group. I've not made too many gatherings, but always felt welcome.

Looking forward to pie.

Code:

Looking forward to meeting you. You maybe the only one that understands me. :trust:

I look forward to meeting you! You have an impressive ability to overcome adversity.

+1

Shouldn't bother me - I just assume that nobody listens to me anyway! :doh:

Hope to see you at one!

Hoping I can get my license before the April pie run as that would be a perfect first ride for me.

Brought to you courtesy of Tapatalk

My son and DIL visited the Elm Creek Cafe in Lincoln, Texas, this last weekend. They really liked it and said they had great pie. It is near Giddings.

[ame="https://maps.google.com/maps?q=elm+creek+cafe&hl=en&ll=30.238158,-97.002754&spn=0.117606,0.171318&fb=1&gl=us&hq=elm+creek+cafe&cid=0,0,4084350299227622924&t=h&z=13&iwloc=A"]https://maps.google.com/maps?q=elm+creek+cafe&hl=en&ll=30.238158,-97.002754&spn=0.117606,0.171318&fb=1&gl=us&hq=elm+creek+cafe&cid=0,0,4084350299227622924&t=h&z=13&iwloc=A[/ame]

Anyone else have any experience there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back