• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Head's Up on a Great Little Cafe

Great find Tinstar :clap:

We had a small group try out this place and it did not disappoint. :thumb: to Rockman Tex for organizing this and to Jackintexas for leading some of us there. It's good to see you back on a bike Jack. :rider: It started out a bit chilly but it was nice to see the :sun: It's too small for a Pie Run but would be a good place for a Ride to Eat. I had the small chicken & dumplings & had to take some home. It was the yummy and very hearty. Everyone was raving about the food ..... even Hardy who got a salad.

Here are some pics from our visit yesterday:

Sissy, the owner, came out and talked to us about her place. I was busy taking pics but I did hear that difference pieces of wood of this structure are from the community.

Great find Tinstar :clap:

We had a small group try out this place and it did not disappoint. :thumb: to Rockman Tex for organizing this and to Jackintexas for leading some of us there. It's good to see you back on a bike Jack. :rider: It started out a bit chilly but it was nice to see the :sun: It's too small for a Pie Run but would be a good place for a Ride to Eat. I had the small chicken & dumplings & had to take some home. It was the yummy and very hearty. Everyone was raving about the food ..... even Hardy who got a salad.

Glad you guys got to try it out! Hey I recognize that Hardy guy from Big Bend last week lol. Hardy, that was not the place to get a salad :lol2:

Anyone not taking the time to try this place out is really missing out. Good food and wonderful people working there. This will probably be on my Sat morn breakfast ride 2-3 times a month. The owner said she can seat 52 people now and when they finish up the back area even more. We need more last minute RTE's and this place will work.

Steve

Thanks for the info about Sissy's. We have a group of about 25 from BMWLT.com going next week. :eat:

Be sure you know how to find the place as some of the "locals" don't even know where it is. The food is grand. If you don't see on the menu what you want, ask them if they can do it. The folks there are super fine and certanly not in a hurry to rush you out the door. One of my top five favorites. HB

Just got back & Man oMan was it will worth going. It rained cats & dogs so we all came in cars but it was still worth the drive. A MUST GO.

Be sure you know how to find the place as some of the "locals" don't even know where it is. The food is grand. If you don't see on the menu what you want, ask them if they can do it. The folks there are super fine and certanly not in a hurry to rush you out the door. One of my top five favorites. HB

I told Sissy we wanted pie & she made 2 different types. Before we left one friend bought a whole pie to take home. Sissy said she will have pie on the menu from now on.

Sitting at Sissys using Sissy's computer. CFS with only on Saturday sausage gravy. Pics later.

Oh come on Jeff, you're killing me. I'm sitting here at work wishing I was on the bike at some distant cafe.

Tony, just for you buddy.
First was a nice salad. Gotta have those green things.
P1010713.jpg

Then CFS.
P1010714.jpg

after the attempt to finish.
P1010715.jpg

She used sausage gravy that she makes only on Saturdays for breakfast (only day breakfast is served FYI.). O....M....G..... She'll make cream gravy for those CFS purists but let me tell you....you have to go on a Saturday for the CFS. Oh yeah, $9.61 plus tip.

P1010717.jpg

I even showed her how to sign in so Sissy might be showing up. Showed her this thread and she was thrilled! Wednesdays is meatloaf day. So another trip? I think so.
:eat:

I have the next two weeks off..... I might just have to go this week.

I ate there this week, posted in day rides.....give me a heads-up next time your going! Wonderful chicken salad, and tea like mom used to make.
Mark :sun:

Wednesdays=Meat Loaf. I'll drive a long ways for good meatloaf. And Sissy, what a great lady!

Hours during the week appear to be 11am-2pm. Gotta plan.........

Last edited:
Oh yeah #2. If I heard Sissy right, she cooked my CFS on the flattop grill and not in a deep fryer. That was a CFS for the ages.

Ate at Sissy's again today; and she asked about hosting a future pie run? The beef tips over smashed potatoes were wonderful, as was the broccoli cheese rice, got to hear the story about the building and her restaurant.....AND Sissy said that she CRIED when she read the nice write-up on our TWT facebook page. :sun:

I've been twice and thinking about going again this weekend, but do you think the place is big enough for a pie run?

I've been twice and thinking about going again this weekend, but do you think the place is big enough for a pie run?

Sissy told me that she could seat 75, and would put up a tent and get chairs from the church if we needed more...:sun: She also said that all her pies would be homemade! :clap:

Twt Facebook page??

Guess I will have to break down and sign up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Too bad the 2013 Pie Run calendar has already been set. Maybe we need to have a special bonus RTE sometime.

You guys are making me hungry, I love these kind of places - thanks for the tip.

Dave

Back