• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2013 Uncle's Around the Bend and Uncle's Desert Challenge - Mar 7-10, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Help! Paul and I just met a new friend. Unfortunately his 500 Shadow is really sick and needs a ride back to Austin/San Antonio area.

Anyone have trailer space for his bike? And maybe even room for him going back with you?

Voni
sMiling

So here is how my only car key looked at lunch. Must be time for big bend!
IMG_20130305_123832-M.jpg

And yes its one of them fancy smancy programmables.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

i guess that means no condo or cool-aid, cents u r riding the 1k

sw

Help! Paul and I just met a new friend. Unfortunately his 500 Shadow is really sick and needs a ride back to Austin/San Antonio area.

Anyone have trailer space for his bike? And maybe even room for him going back with you?

Voni
sMiling

I can easily carry someone back to Austin but I am not going home until Monday. I would love the company but understand that not everyone is off work next week.

I'm planning on doing the Challenge on Friday on my new to me KTM 950 Super Enduro. I've found one person on another forum to ride with, is anyone else looking to form a small group?

El Dorado has a Queen available for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday...(had a friend have to drop out)...

Quit using it for a screw driver.

6p & i'm just about ready to launch

Alpine wed night & Terlingua, easily, by mid morning Thursday

sw

Attachments

• dr in trlr.jpg
    dr in trlr.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 279
Y'all have a great time and take plenty of pics!!! I'll just sit here and be jealous.

The KLR is packed....rolling outa here about 9am (Alpine)......takin the long way via Pinto Canyon....should be at the Boathouse by 3pm at the latest. Lookin for a ride thursday before registration.

Challenge Riders,

Please note that you will need a permit for riding in Big Bend National Park during the challenge event. Make sure you get your permit before beginning the challenge ride.

Probably only an issue if you want to start riding before your chosen entrance gate is manned...then you'd have to wait at the gate till someone could sell you a pass.

I thought the permits were bought from at the entrance gate? I don't see the need to get the permit early.

Permits are sold at the 2 entrance stations and at the Panther Junction visitors center. A permit is good for 7 days. Challenge riders won't be passing an entrance gate until the end of the course (I.e. if you don't have a permit before the challenge begins you will have to take the time to specifically ride over to the entrance station, wait there until you can buy a permit, and then ride back to the start of the course). The challenge will be challenging - I recommend that everyone give themselves every advantage and get a permit before Friday morning.

Last edited:
Another weather report, 11:00 pm Tuesday, a slight breeze to none, after frontal passage with wind and dirt storm it was a rough ride in a pop up camper but around 1:00 pm the winds became breezy and full sun, how things can change in a few hours, had a great ride after a late start, rode out north of Terlingua ghost town. Tomorrow Glen Springs road and Black Gap.

Naco_Bill and I are riding the Pinto Canyon loop on Friday after the riders meeting. join us if you like.

Deena from the El Dorado Hotel just called and said she has two cancellations. If you need a room please call the hotel. The number is 4323712111.

Deena from the El Dorado Hotel just called and said she has two cancellations. If you need a room please call the hotel. The number is 4323712111.

Wish I had caught this before my cancellation time past at Far Flung. Oh Well :giveup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back