• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2013 Texas Adventure Ride & Challenge: April 11-14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I modified the course for 2013. More dirt. Less pavement. No James River crossing. And we are overnighting in Kerrville, instead of Del Rio.
Interested for sure, back up to it? not sure. But like I said, I need a shot of dirt, so even If I cant ride, Me n Lisa may just come out for the fun. Either chase the challenge, or hang at the pool in Junction for a pick up call. I should know in a week or two if I can ride, if not, I'm all up for helping out. I would gladly chace the challenge, new Jeep, want to play w it too. :deal:

1200 GSA with .50 cal gun mount and mortars front and rear

KLR 650 with new Dunlop 606s on it (new except for Big Bend last weekend)

KTM 500 EXC with a sweet Giant Loop Mojavi bag to carry my cool aid mix and a fresh orange scent to it.

Choices, choices...:rolleyes: Don"t forget to run up to Robert's place and pick up a Trumpet 8 fiddy and have a couple o 9's mounted on the bars. There are are kinds of little red deer runnin around that neck o the woods. Just pack a couple of extra bungees. :-P

What's the longest run in the TAC for a gas stop need to know how many miles if I need more fuel for the thristy Super Enduro...Ride On..

KTM 500 EXC with a sweet Giant Loop Mojavi bag to carry my cool aid mix and a fresh orange scent to it.

So you went for the KTM - sweet

Can't wait to see it. I'd rilly rilly like to do this ride but don't get back from a biz trip until Thursday late.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT
"106 miles"

Roger I'll be carrying a 2.5 gallon Rotopax and a 32 oz fuel bottle....

My earlier answer was wrong. There is one stretch the first day where there is no gas for 137 miles. On that stretch, it is possible to detour about 10 miles on pavement to get gas. If you choose the detour, the longest run would be about 102 miles.

JT

Or just make sure you have a KLR or two in the group. :deal: I got a KTM out of the mountains of MX with mine and a Coke bottle.

I pick up the Texas Adventure Challenge bike from TJ's in Austin tomorrow at noon.

The Challenge will provide the 600 miles it needs on it before the first service.

Plan Comes Together :clap:

Made possible by being sponsored by Red Bull :clap:

i-8Qgn5dv-S.jpg

The Challenge 127 mile section will be no problem

5+ gallon Acerbis tank

i-5C3vGNM-L.jpg

And my Red Bull refueling crew half way to Kerrville :clap:

The Challenge 127 mile section will be no problem

5+ gallon Acerbis tank

i-5C3vGNM-L.jpg

And my Red Bull refueling crew half way to Kerrville :clap:

I'm riding with Trice! :hail:

Unless the Great Bird of Paradise drops a giant Golden Egg in my lap, I'm out. Too many bills, not enough moolah. I will cancel my resevation at the Hills Motel this week if any one needs a cheap room.
I've tried every angle to make this happen. I thought about riding my street bike there and back to cut down the gas expense, and cutting the hotel from 3 nights to 2, but I can see it just isn't going to work. :giveup:
You all have fun, and keep the rubber down!

The amount of money spent on gas for the truck camp vs the cost of a hotel...
It may be moot since I may need a new tire for the KLR if the patch plug doesn't fix the slice in my tire. I'm hoping for no more flats...

Early registration ends on Wednesday, March 27th

Riders,

If you are planning on attending and haven't registered yet, now is the time. Early registration ends Wednesday and I'm ordering the commemorative items on Thursday. As always, I will order a few extras but if you wait to register at the event you may not receive all of the goodies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back