• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Where is the BEST Chicken Fried Steak in Texas?

Well, it was still raining so we took the truck. Ordered the smallest Chicken Fried Steak and it was fairly gynormous so I'm glad we didn't upgrade. Like you said, KP, the gravy came on the side and looked like river bottom, but it tasted pretty good. Next time I'm bringing some rubber non-slip grip stuff to put under my pizza pan. It kept scooting around while I ate. We'll go back on the motorcycles for sure and try some of the other stuff. Thanks for the recommendation! :eat: :clap:

Your welcome. I am here to help. Did you get a pic of your grub?

Nope. I was so busy eating I forgot... :P I'll do better next time...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Got another to post tonight a review on the Blanco bowling alley. Any other places you folks would recommend me trying?

100_6431-001_zps7f40ad0a.jpg

Well don't get to post too many negative reviews but here goes...........Have eaten here many years ago so I thought I might give it another try. Surprise I ordered Chicken Fried Steak it was pitiful. Thank God I ordered the medium the small was the size of a sausage patty. Anyway the CFS was over cooked and tasteless. I got two very small helpings of mashed taters that were cold! The okra I gave away to her and it was sad and soggy also. The wife got chili fries that were so bad we sent them back and ordered chicken tenders and fries. The tenders were burnt but the fries were really good,or I was hungry. Nice warm peaches for dessert from a can. This meal was so bad that most of it went home to the dogs and chickens. The one good thing is they/waitress did not charge us for my wives food. Not brave enough to try again. Sad but true. Blanco bowling alley in downtown Blanco is off my list!

100_6431-001_zps7f40ad0a.jpg

Well don't get to post too many negative reviews but here goes...........Have eaten here many years ago so I thought I might give it another try. Surprise I ordered Chicken Fried Steak it was pitiful. Thank God I ordered the medium the small was the size of a sausage patty. Anyway the CFS was over cooked and tasteless. I got two very small helpings of mashed taters that were cold! The okra I gave away to her and it was sad and soggy also. The wife got chili fries that were so bad we sent them back and ordered chicken tenders and fries. The tenders were burnt but the fries were really good,or I was hungry. Nice warm peaches for dessert from a can. This meal was so bad that most of it went home to the dogs and chickens. The one good thing is they/waitress did not charge us for my wives food. Not brave enough to try again. Sad but true.

Perhaps the name of "eaten here" might be helpful ?

I eat CFS about once a month at Threadgill's, I give it a thumbs up.

I keep telling myself to try them again. The only time I ever went there mine was terrible. My better halves food was spot on so,maybe a bad cook that day.

Here is another picture of The Feed Mill in Gatesville for any of you that want to try it come join us Sunday at 11 AM for the meet and greet. Looks good doesn't it.

131010_003_zps097ccfdb.jpg

I keep telling myself to try them again. The only time I ever went there mine was terrible. My better halves food was spot on so,maybe a bad cook that day.

Threadgills seems to be really sporadic. I finally gave up on trying to catch the good days.

Well, in Houston, the Luby's on S. Post Oak (huge biker hangout that it is...) served me a LuAnn (1/2 portion) CFS that was very good & bigger than a lot of full servings at other places. Just saying...

Here's a picture of my plate at Luby's.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1381463849137.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1381463849137.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 118
Does Ross down the road from the shop have a good chicken fried steak Robert?:eat:

I have to admit i have never had a CFS there. But I bet it would be good. But I'm off this stuff for awhile until I lose about 20 more pounds.
When are you and your lovely wife coming back down for a visit? I promise to be on my best behavior.

I have to admit i have never had a CFS there. But I bet it would be good. But I'm off this stuff for awhile until I lose about 20 more pounds.
When are you and your lovely wife coming back down for a visit? I promise to be on my best behavior.

Will swing in there again soon. I lost some weight during my illness and kept most of it off. It is not helping that it gets dark so early. My work out is in the yard. No gym needed here!

I eat at Ross' every now and then and last two times I've been there it was not too good. Don't know what happened but, it has fallen a couple notches recently.:eat:

What did you order that was not up to snuff?

Hey Drew, any recommendations around Greeley, Colorado (north of Denver)? Up here on business and leaving out tomorrow.

Hey Drew, any recommendations around Greeley, Colorado (north of Denver)? Up here on business and leaving out tomorrow.

Man cannot help out this time only made it as far north as Gunnison. Ate at the W cafe there. Working on a trip there next year maybe a hair further north(limited time) next time. Let us know if you find something good. Pics always help.

Did some quick research:

Fat Albert's Restaurant
1717 23rd Ave
1-970-356-1979

Kenny's Steak House
3502 W 10th street
1-970-395-0100

Both have CFS,might give one of these a try. Both in Greeley.

Thanks. Hope to have some free time this evening to check one out.

Back