• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

EAST TX: East Texas BMW+ Motorcycle Club Meeting First Thursday

richb

Reaction score
First Name
Rich
The East Texas BMW+ Club holds it's monthly meeting on the first Thursday of the month at Legend's Burgers in Jacksonville (1630 S. Jackson) at 6:30 p.m.

This is not a BMW only club; if you're a rider, you're welcome. However, we do abide by local noise-abatement ordinances.

We are an official charter club of the BMW MOA and the BMW RA. The club website is here: http://etbeemers.blogspot.com/ .

So come on out to J'ville if you would like to play. You don't have to ride a BMW or be a member of the MOA or RA to join.

They won't let me ride yet since the surgery, but I am going to try to get my chauffeur to drive me there.

Ron

I Will miss out meetings during basketball season. Best regards, I can't make it tonight due to a scrimmage. I will see you guys soon.

Small turnout this month, five total, three bikes. Lots of discussion on the Eureka Springs Rally and potential rides.

See you guys same time next month, November 7th.

Great weather for a ride!
It was also very good to see Ron after his go around with the surgeons.
Don't sneeze.

The November meeting of the East Texas BMW+ Club will be held this Thursday the 7th at Legend's Burgers in Jacksonville (1630 S. Jackson) at 6:30 p.m.

There has been a discussion of holding the December meeting & a cookout in Nacogdoches at Hairsmith's garage. We need to figure out what day in December.

Hope to see you at the meeting.

Looks like I might be the only one at the club meeting. Guess we will get a lot of business taken care of!

It looks as though I will not be there.
See you all next month.

Last edited:
Club Meeting First Saturday This Month

Instead of meeting at Legend's on Thursday, we will be meeting at a member's garage in Nacogdoches the afternoon of Saturday the 7th.

PM me or email me at detbmw @ gmail.com for the address.

We will meet around 1 p.m. and stay until the last motorcycle leaves.

There will be brats & burgers on the grill and sodas in the fridge. You can bring something with you or drop a couple dollars in the donations jar. Somewhere around 2 p.m. we will start a moto-movie, The Best Bar in America, featuring a 1960 BMW R60/2 sidecar rig.

Come and watch the movie, have a brat or three, or just stop by for a while and visit with old or new friends. We will be discussing the burning topics of the day, like where the best moto-roads in East Texas are or what the fastest motorcycle color is.

Re: Club Meeting First Saturday This Month

Instead of meeting at Legend's on Thursday, we will be meeting at a member's garage in Nacogdoches the afternoon of Saturday the 7th.

Due to the forecast for very inclement weather this Saturday, we have decided to pull the plug on the get together.

We still want to do it, but it will probably be in January or February. We are going to watch the weather and pick a new date when things look better.

There will probably not be many people at Legend's this week with all the bad weather in the forecast.

I've heard that suicide is painless.
It brings on many changes.
But one can take or leave it.
Your choice.

I've heard that suicide is painless.
It brings on many changes.
But one can take or leave it.
Your choice.

mash-ensemble-cast_zpsff074b3c.jpg

Re: Club Meeting First Saturday This Month

There will probably not be many people at Legend's this week with all the bad weather in the forecast.

Or at the first Saturday Pounds Field breakfast.

The January meeting of the East Texas BMW+ Club will be held this Thursday the 2nd at Legend's Burgers in Jacksonville (1630 S. Jackson) at 6:30 p.m. I called Legend's today and they are planning to be open regular hours on Thursday, until 8 p.m. We usually get up to leave about the time they lock the door and start a good sweep-down, fore & aft.

Unfortunately I will be driving to Ohio that day and will not be able to attend. I hope other folks can make it to the meeting.

The February meeting of the East Texas BMW+ Club will be held this Thursday the 6th at Legend's Burgers in Jacksonville (1630 S. Jackson) at 6:30 p.m. We have some beginning-of-the-year business to discuss. Hope to see you there.

Back