• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2014 Uncle's Around the Bend, Desert Challenge, & Adventure Challenge: Mar 6-9, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 2014 Uncle's Around the Bend, Desert Challenge, & Adventure Challenge: Mar 6-9, 2

RG you should be able to repack those and reuse them:trust::eek2::rofl::lol2:
Sure wish I was coming to ride instead of sitting here with a cast on my leg, Ya'll have a great time.:thumb:

Re: 2014 Uncle's Around the Bend, Desert Challenge, & Adventure Challenge: Mar 6-9, 2

Sure wish I was coming to ride instead of sitting here with a cast on my leg, Ya'll have a great time.:thumb:

I have your avatar photo blown up 8 feet wide and 6 feet tall on framed over the fireplace. That was a great day we had on River Road West :sun:

You'll be with us in spirit

My room at the El Dorado is no longer available.

Here's one for you Vinny. Took this out of the ktm drive side last week...:doh:

DSCN0379.jpg

You win:giveup:

Thanks Bob, that was an awesome weekend, and I will be there in spirit:thumb:

I have your avatar photo blown up 8 feet wide and 6 feet tall on framed over the fireplace. That was a great day we had on River Road West :sun:

You'll be with us in spirit

Yes, it was a great day! :sun:

Get well soon, Big A. In the meantime we will attack with gusto the silt on River Road during the desert challenge in your honor.

I am staying in the SP Bunkhouse Wednesday night with Silverbullet, Jmz, WildernessRider, and Brad (not on TWT) and we are riding the SP on Thursday.

Well then - if you have room for one more then I will join you. Where should I meet you? It will be like the East TX gang in West TX.

Last call for mountain biking in the Big Bend Ranch SP on Thursday. Enter on the East side (yes, hikers & bikers can) and hit the Contrabando Trails for a strictly non-hammer fest afternoon.

Not my video but a teaser all the same...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfDExMn_xMM"]East Contrabando Dome Trail at Big Bend Ranch State Park - YouTube[/ame]

Well then - if you have room for one more then I will join you. Where should I meet you? It will be like the East TX gang in West TX.

PM wildernessrider. His dirt bike's frame broke so he's no longer going to the state park. I think he already prepaid for his bunk so you could buy his. If he refunded already I'm sure they have open bunks still. Reservations: TPWD Customer Service Center at 512-389-8900
Sauceda Ranger Station Bunkhouse, 25 miles into the State Park.

_

PM wildernessrider. His dirt bike's frame broke so he's no longer going to the state park. I think he already prepaid for his bunk so you could buy his. If he refunded already I'm sure they have open bunks still. Reservations: TPWD Customer Service Center at 512-389-8900
Sauceda Ranger Station Bunkhouse, 25 miles into the State Park.

_

I did not realize that the BBRSP was 3 hours away from the Chisos Mining Co Hotel. What time were you guys planning to head out. I might drive over in the morning and meet you guys but wasn't planning on staying overnight.

I did not realize that the BBRSP was 3 hours away from the Chisos Mining Co Hotel. What time were you guys planning to head out. I might drive over in the morning and meet you guys but wasn't planning on staying overnight.

I can`t really say but knowing SB I bet it is early :trust:

I would hope we are KSU about 8am. No meals available Thursday at the bunkhouse so we wont be waiting around for breakfast to be served. Gotta start early so we get a long day's ride as we need to be in Terlingua that evening before all the fajitas are gone.

It is not 3 hrs from CMCH unless you are trailering. Ride your bike there and 1-1/2 hrs. But what is your fuel range? Last gas on 170 is at Lajitas and then 60 miles from there to the start of our ride. So you already need a 120 mile range before even joining our ride. No gas in the park unless you would make arrangements for us to haul some in for you.

_

Well...yeah?! I'll just repack em with synthetic grease and we're good to go.

Hope the new leg is on the mend. You'll surely be missed out west.

New plan since Murphy stuck his head in again. Heading to SA today to deal with Murphy. Hope to be heading to BB Wednesday afternoon or early Thursday.

Yeah, I'm glad MY6 and I are not leaving until early Thursday. Hopefully, the weather will be more cooperative by then.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Can anyone tell me if the burn ban is off or on for Terlingua?

Thanks.

I'd like to know that as well, before I try to squeeze some of this pecan wood into our truck. :P

Burn Ban in effect.

So we shouldn't bring firewood?

So we shouldn't bring firewood?

My request for firewood is for Uncle - i.e. a donation of firewood to Uncle. If you have firewood you would like to donate to Uncle, please bring it. He uses it throughout the year.

Gotcha!

I believe even during a burn ban that you can burn in an enclosed container
Like a perforated 55 gallon drum.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Just cleared that with a fireman friend in the Big Bend,and yes you can burn in
An enclosed container,like a 55 gallon drum or those fire pits with a screen cover,
Even during a fire ban,on top of that its the friggin Terlingua desert,so bring the firewood.

Cool beans!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back