• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Early morning rides in East Texas

I still don't have the KLR back. Kawasaki is taking their sweet time on it.

In other news. My dog is loving the Jeep.
3u6y9ypu.jpg

It's definitely good to have my bike back. So far so good. The only thing I can find wrong is that I don't have all the same bolts holding on my plastics, some are even missing. As long as it's not the same on the mechanical side of things I'll be happy.

You didn't mention that bolts where missing. .... any plans to take plastics off and double check everything?

It's definitely good to have my bike back. So far so good. The only thing I can find wrong is that I don't have all the same bolts holding on my plastics, some are even missing. As long as it's not the same on the mechanical side of things I'll be happy.

Not a good sign.

You didn't mention that bolts where missing. .... any plans to take plastics off and double check everything?

Highly recommended. Once you let miles and time accumulate since this repair the shops liability will dissappear. And your warranty has already expired correct? or do they give you an add-on limited warranty for 30-90 days on their warranty repair?

_

I do feel somewhat responsible for it burning that much oil. I ride it really hard and do a lot of riding on the interstate. It's probably really rough on it holding 6000 rpm for 2 hours at a time.

No way that is too hard on a high quality Japan engine. If I can ride wide-open for thousands of miles on a Pep Boy China bike without burning oil. Kawasaki screwed up on the new gen KLR.

It may be okay. When the Honda mechanic was done fixing my bike, he had a kid put the non-critical bits back on the bike (like plastics and battery). And of course, the kid screwed up something, didn't close the trunk lid properly. And when I took off the lid flew open. And they run out chasing after me.

Back