• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Beyond Epic: Aug 28 - Sep 1 2014, The Ozarks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Beyond Epic: Aug 28 - Sep 1, The Ozarks

Yee Haw...made our reservations tonight....we are looking forward to it...

Steve, let me know if you find a place to park the trailer near Broken Bow. Looks like I can get a spot on a trailer with KTIM. He's taking his FJR.:rider:

LYNYRD have you forgotten our last ride together? Remember I have that court order saying you're not supposed to contact me in any way. :rofl:

Will do sir.

Well, just mounted new tires on the BMW because the ones I had on weren't going to make it there and back. Still need to figure out vacation plans for the rest of the year, but I may be in soon if I'm counting the days correctly.

Steve, you are a funny man, yes you are.:lol2:

^
You are famous and will be even more after this ride...

Riding the Ozarks in 3 weeks.

Yes, but you are taking the wrong bike...:haha:

I had a 50% chance of success and according to you I failed by choosing the BMW for this trip. You must be right, after all you work for the UT system in Austin. They're so smart there it makes the MENSA society look like developmentally challenged Fiat 500 owners.

Should I abandon my current plans and bring the DR650 to ride with you, JT? I don't have a spark arrestor for it so riding in any NF is a no go at the moment. It's that darned GSXR muffler that's on it.

I need help. :doh:

So, who is trailering or riding up from Austin and has space or wants company? I'm not 100% in yet, but will know on Monday.

I had a 50% chance of success and according to you I failed by choosing the BMW for this trip. You must be right, after all you work for the UT system in Austin. They're so smart there it makes the MENSA society look like developmentally challenged Fiat 500 owners.

Should I abandon my current plans and bring the DR650 to ride with you, JT? I don't have a spark arrestor for it so riding in any NF is a no go at the moment. It's that darned GSXR muffler that's on it.

I need help. :doh:

Just yanking yo chain, Dave. I have never seen an enforcement agent in Arkansas, but that would be an expensive ticket. No question that Arkansas has some fantastic pavement, but I go for the toughest dirt I can find up there. I'll be going a day early to do some exploring Northwest of Turner Bend, up past Anaerobic Hill.

It's my first time up there. I briefly thought of bringing both bikes. I'm just happy to be going! Someday I might be half as good as you are off road and will bring the dual sport. This time I'll be on the geriatric tour with the old guys riding pavement.

Tapatalk on a Note 2.

It's my first time up there. I briefly thought of bringing both bikes. I'm just happy to be going! Someday I might be half as good as you are off road and will bring the dual sport. This time I'll be on the geriatric tour with the old guys riding pavement.

Tapatalk on a Note 2.

The geriatric group is very selective...
:trust:

I might ride KLR 650 I would need a couple of days to get there it would mean 6 days for me
but i really like it there

Don't you know that any time you have a 50% percent chance of making the right choice there is a 90% probability that you will make the wrong one!!

Sent from my NSA monitored Kindle Fire HD

That's it! I'm bringing both bikes! :-P

I might ride KLR 650 I would need a couple of days to get there it would mean 6 days for me
but i really like it there

I rode my KLR up from east Texas two years ago. Took me about 8 hrs with stops.

I am in Odessa
Figure 8 Hours to Ardmore OK
Than hours to Clarksville AR

Cancelled my room at the inn if someone wants to get it.
I'm going to camp .
Coming along with my wife on Friday. Riding with you guys one day on dirt and riding street on another day with the wife.

Okay, looks like I'm in. Before I call and try and get a room, anybody have one they want to share? Or want to share the one I'm going to try to get? :-)

Okay, looks like I'm in. Before I call and try and get a room, anybody have one they want to share? Or want to share the one I'm going to try to get? :-)

Good news, hope you will stay on the paved side....

Camillo....Doesn't your buddy Ivan need a room......We are trailering him up there, but he did mention that he didn't yet have a room....

I don't know if he has one yet, I'll ask him. Who is looking to share?

Uh, that was me. Already called and got a room with one bed though. So, God willing and the creek don't rise (don't laugh, it did one year) I'll be there.

Arriving sometime on Friday though. I may leave work a bit early on Thursday just to get down the road some, but I'll wander through southern Arkansas on my way to Clarksville and will hope to ride with some of you Saturday and Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back