• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Mini dual sport loop north of Plano/McKinney

Reaction score
First Name
Francisco
Last Name
Romero
Last night I put together a route with the smallest county roads I could find north of Plano/McKinney with the hopes that some would be unpaved! :rider: The route is attached, it's fairly short but I did hit a few unpaved roads, a rarity in Collin County and really enjoyed the half morning. The xr400r behaved in its usual awesome way, like an indestructible tractor!

County Road 161 is closed, but a dual sport can of course get through, it was lots of fun, with deep ruts and mud... but nothing an xr400 cannot do... it was enjoyable.

Here are some pictures of the route, the bike and 161.

xr400_4.jpg

xr400_1.jpg

xr400_2.jpg

xr400_3.jpg

And this is CR160 from Google Maps... it was much worse today and I guess that's why it stays closed to traffic:

xr400_6.jpg

xr400_5.png

Attachments

• North Texas Dual Sport 3.GPX
    147.7 KB · Views: 282
Thanks for sharing!

You are very welcome! It's a tiny ride for people in the DFW, but I hope others new to dual sport like me in this area find it helpful.

What would you guess is the distance of that loop?

Sure like the idea of shorter and closer to home for rides to squeeze in between big events.

We rode the red section this past Saturday on the 'big' bikes. I'll have to try out the blue & see what I can handle.

The red section is 42 miles, 1h 41m, and the blue section is 36 miles and about the same duration. Any bike should be able to do the entire loop, as the few unpaved roads are easy. Only CR161 is more technical because it was muddy, but you can skip it.

That looks like fun! Thanks for the route - finding it, making it and sharing it :clap:

Nice ride report and great pictures! Very cool you are exploring in that part of Texas and giving riders up there some options!

Back